PDA

View Full Version : OK NATS caravan from Socal?

bkbridges
03-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Anyone planning to go to the NATS? Im definitely going and would like to caravn out with a crew. Ive got one other R/T rounded up for the drive.
Whos going??
BKB

GoFastGray
03-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Garrett, myself, and possibly Dennis (RD03RT) so far.
It would be nice for the sleeping SoCal guys to roll out :woot:

bkbridges
03-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Garrett, myself, and possibly Dennis (RD03RT) so far.
It would be nice for the sleeping SoCal guys to roll out :woot:

Im finally rolling! :drive: Ive got Kenneth (Solar yellow R/T) interested in caravaning out from Socal as well. Thats 5 total? Leo and I are going for sure (Shes already planning the trip). The way back to Socal has to be pretty quick for us as the Jensen Nats is the next weekend in Sacramento...We were thinking Socal to Prescott AZ, (11th) Prescott to Rancho Rio (12th) hook up with div6 and then Rancho Rio to OK (13th).
BKB

ScojoDak
03-29-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm considering going. I'll have a better idea about a month before the event.

Adobedude
03-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Im finally rolling! :drive: Ive got Kenneth (Solar yellow R/T) interested in caravaning out from Socal as well. Thats 5 total? Leo and I are going for sure (Shes already planning the trip). The way back to Socal has to be pretty quick for us as the Jensen Nats is the next weekend in Sacramento...We were thinking Socal to Prescott AZ, (11th) Prescott to Rancho Rio (12th) hook up with div6 and then Rancho Rio to OK (13th).
BKB

Do you mean Rio Rancho...? As in Rio Rancho, New Mexico?

bkbridges
03-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Do you mean Rio Rancho...? As in Rio Rancho, New Mexico?

Uh Yeah... Thats it, Rio Rancho, thats the ticket... Been a busy day. Worst case get a room in "the big city" and hook up with the NW div the next morning...
BKB

Adobedude
03-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Uh Yeah... Thats it, Rio Rancho, thats the ticket... Been a busy day. Worst case get a room in "the big city" and hook up with the NW div the next morning...
BKB

Rio Rancho is close to where I live (Corrales) and where the Division 6 guys are "camping out". Rio Rancho tends to be safer than Albuquerque and we don't even bother to lock our doors in Corrales. I can arrange for the trucks etc to be safely stored over night on my property or the neighbors, people could be shuttled to motels in Rio Rancho...

But I can flat out guarantee someone will be missing something if they stay overnight in Albuquerque. I had two cars stolen in ALB, fuck that Obama loving POS place.

ScojoDak
03-30-2013, 02:57 AM
I can arrange for the trucks etc to be safely stored over night on my property or the neighbors, people could be shuttled to motels in Rio Rancho.

That's damn cool of you Dave. Thanks :rockwoot:

Adobedude
03-30-2013, 12:50 PM
That's damn cool of you Dave. Thanks :rockwoot:

Everything is safe as shit where I live because of the dead end dirt road, thieves don't like that. Cars make noise on the dirt so they can't sneak in and once in here one car parked across the road could block them in.

I will need the number of trucks actually driving and trailerd trucks coming.

Rio Rancho is fairly safe and close by, Albuquerque is total cluster fuck.

99dart
03-30-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm booking space for 1 R/T, 1 tent, 2 sleeping bags! :lol2:

GoFastGray
05-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Bump,
need to get a time frame set soon :grouphug:

wyotech_cuda440
05-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Bump,
need to get a time frame set soon :grouphug:

Yep, it's a 12hr leg from my place to Corrales, you and Kevin F are 1.5 - 2 hours further than me. I'd imagine Kevin F will just come straight up the 15 to the 40, are you taking the 210 to the 15?

Duner
05-09-2013, 02:49 PM
I'll be jumping onto I-40 at Holbrook.... about half way between Flagstaff AZ and Gallup NM.

wyotech_cuda440
05-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I'll be jumping onto I-40 at Holbrook.... about half way between Flagstaff AZ and Gallup NM.

Ok, that's about 8 hours out from here. If both Kevin's hit the road around 5am, we can meet at the 15 / 210 interchange around 7am.

That would put us in Holbrook around 3 -3:30pm and in Coralles before 8pm.

Duner
05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Ok, that's about 8 hours out from here. If both Kevin's hit the road around 5am, we can meet at the 15 / 210 interchange around 7am.

That would put us in Holbrook around 3 -3:30pm and in Coralles before 8pm.

You need to leave earlier! LOL
(I know, easy for me to say when I get to sleep for 5 hours after you are already on the road) Hahaha

Hopefully the NW guys will chime in and we will see if they are hoping to join in the caravan at any point or if they are just going to meet in Corrales and everyone leave from there in the early AM. It's going to be about 12 hours from there to Durant if everybody is fairly quick on fuel stops. In previous caravans - the quickest stop still ended up being a 30 minute stop.

wyotech_cuda440
05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
You need to leave earlier! LOL
(I know, easy for me to say when I get to sleep for 5 hours after you are already on the road) Hahaha

Hopefully the NW guys will chime in and we will see if they are hoping to join in the caravan at any point or if they are just going to meet in Corrales and everyone leave from there in the early AM. It's going to be about 12 hours from there to Durant if everybody is fairly quick on fuel stops. In previous caravans - the quickest stop still ended up being a 30 minute stop.

Hey, I'm willing to hit the road at 4, I just don't think the Kevin's will want to leave at 2am :idunno:

Of course, they could drive to my place on Tuesday and leave here at 4-5 on wednesday to save a few hours.

Input from Dannos group would help determine plans too :biggthumpup:

Duner
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Hey, I'm willing to hit the road at 4, I just don't think the Kevin's will want to leave at 2am :idunno:

Of course, they could drive to my place on Tuesday and leave here at 4-5 on wednesday to save a few hours.

Input from Dannos group would help determine plans too :biggthumpup:

I'm very flexible on the time.... I'll be on vacation so it's all good! :biggthumpup:

Danno
05-09-2013, 06:29 PM
AFAIK we were just going to all meet up in the corrales/Rio Rancho area and go from there.

At this point it will just be Pat and I, and both of us are driving. No tow rigs at this point ;)

We sould probably put together a cell# list for the group as well.....

Duner
05-09-2013, 06:32 PM
I hope Dave has enough space for us all to park... I can sleep in the truck if he's going to be out of room in the house. LOL

Danno
05-09-2013, 06:39 PM
lol I can sleep in the bed too. Ginn on the other hand, she rather sleep with the Beagles Im sure ;) She likes small furry things.

Wait, that sounded wierd didnt it. lol

wyotech_cuda440
05-09-2013, 06:42 PM
AFAIK we were just going to all meet up in the corrales/Rio Rancho area and go from there.

At this point it will just be Pat and I, and both of us are driving. No tow rigs at this point ;)

We sould probably put together a cell# list for the group as well......

Good idea, I'll pm my number because I don't want to post it in the open.

I hope Dave has enough space for us all to park... I can sleep in the truck if he's going to be out of room in the house. LOL

I already plan on sleeping in the bed of my truck, the bedrug is comfy :jester:

99dart
05-09-2013, 10:16 PM

We sould probably put together a cell# list for the group as well.....

Whoa... Did you make a change of plans? No tow rig?

Danno
05-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Whoa... Did you make a change of plans? No tow rig?

$$$

Bringin the new one instead. MUCH cheaper in the long run.

No sweat, you wont have any issues ;)

99dart
05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
REALLY! You must be sleeping out w/the dogs then, huh!?

99dart
05-09-2013, 10:33 PM
So, are you still planning on a motel in SLC? IF so, we need to find out what /were Barry reserved for us.

dakrt23
05-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Just let me know when and where i have to be to caravan with everyone and ill be there... I dont really care what time i have to leave. 2 am sounds good!

wyotech_cuda440
05-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Just let me know when and where i have to be to caravan with everyone and ill be there... I dont really care what time i have to leave. 2 am sounds good!

LOL, sounds like its up to gofastgray :biggthumpup:

BTW, when do you want to pick up the trailer?

EDIT: just realized Bruce is coming too- anybody heard from him? I know dennis is planning on heading to OK a day early.

dakrt23
05-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Probably will pick up trailer either the week before sometime, or plan B is that the dually is up at Martins right now getting the trans looked at. Whenever it is done my dads gonna get it, maybe he could swing by and pick it up then? Gotta find a place to leave it down here for a couple weeks but i have some ideas.

Does it have a spare tire by the way? And will it need any service to be ready for the long haul (wheel bearings/brakes etc)? cuz i can help ya out with that.

wyotech_cuda440
05-10-2013, 03:32 AM
Probably will pick up trailer either the week before sometime, or plan B is that the dually is up at Martins right now getting the trans looked at. Whenever it is done my dads gonna get it, maybe he could swing by and pick it up then? Gotta find a place to leave it down here for a couple weeks but i have some ideas.

Does it have a spare tire by the way? And will it need any service to be ready for the long haul (wheel bearings/brakes etc)? cuz i can help ya out with that.

You can pick it up whenever you're ready, as long as my dad doesn't have any plans on using it in the next couple weeks (ill check with him tomorrow, its half his trailer too) and as long as you have a good secure place to keep it.

I have good tires and a good spare, the entire trailer was basically rebuilt a few years ago with brakes, tires, bearings, alignment, etc. there's a box on the tongue with spare bearings and brake parts, too. I'll give it a check over and bolt on the blast shield before you pick it up :biggthumpup:

dakrt23
05-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Sounds good! Lets just plan on a last minute pick-up for now. That way if somethin comes up its there and you have it. Is it in corona too?

Man im so freakin excited i cant wait for this trip... thanks for all the help with this!

RD03RT
05-10-2013, 01:59 PM
LOL, sounds like its up to gofastgray :biggthumpup:

BTW, when do you want to pick up the trailer?

EDIT: just realized Bruce is coming too- anybody heard from him? I know dennis is planning on heading to OK a day early.

I plan on leaving on Tuesday:bored_work:

Danno
05-10-2013, 02:40 PM
REALLY! You must be sleeping out w/the dogs then, huh!?

Sometimes!! Im always in the doghouse, you know that :)

And as far as SLC goes, why dont you figure that one out. lol. You have more spare time on your hands than I do right now ;)

wyotech_cuda440
05-30-2013, 07:14 PM
Any thoughts on a mini meet ?

No gas cards puts a crimp on it, but I'm still down for anything within a days drive, basically anywhere between Albuquerque, Denver, or Washington state.

Duner mentioned Denver, I'm cool with that because its a fun town, but the altitude and likelyhood of rain will probably kill any racing attempts.

A trip to Bremerton might be fun too, get in some good air and attempt some new PBs.

Any thoughts?

Danno
05-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Any thoughts on a mini meet ?

No gas cards puts a crimp on it, but I'm still down for anything within a days drive, basically anywhere between Albuquerque, Denver, or Washington state.

Duner mentioned Denver, I'm cool with that because its a fun town, but the altitude and likelyhood of rain will probably kill any racing attempts.

A trip to Bremerton might be fun too, get in some good air and attempt some new PBs.

Any thoughts?

I was going to wait and see if Ed had anything in mind, but I was thinking Woodburn Or. Its "halfway" ( well not really ) but its the best midpoint for the N and S groups really. Its a good track, and its usually prepped pretty well. And it could give you guys a chance at some good times, especially if we do it in Sept sometime.

August will be hotter than hell IMO.

GoFastGray
05-31-2013, 01:34 AM
Sacramento is more half way, or closer to us...
5-7 hr drive from SoCal (depends where in SoCal)
And 13hr drive from Bellevue, WA.
Another fast track at sea level and often below.

They have an annual Mopar meet in September.

ScatDak
05-31-2013, 02:24 AM
Sac Rocks

Danno
05-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Sacramento is more half way, or closer to us...
5-7 hr drive from SoCal (depends where in SoCal)
And 13hr drive from Bellevue, WA.
Another fast track at sea level and often below.

They have an annual Mopar meet in September.

I didnt realize that Sac had a decent track!

If they do, that makes WAY more sense. Id say lets pursue this idea. I could probably swing Sac, and I am sure I could persuade a few of the NW guys to go as well.

Think we could tie in with the Mopar meet somehow? We could do our own "judging" etc amongst ourselves, but it would be a good showing for the club as a whole too.

MOAR info please :)

Adobedude
05-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Albuquerque...In Sept-October the DA is usually an awesome 7400' LOL

OK, AZ, CO, CA TX not too far away, all the NM members with RTs would come.

Duner
05-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Sacramento is about 12.5 hours for me as well. That certainly looks like an option for sure.

Dave - what do you think about a drive to Sacramento?

Although I would love to show up at your track one night just for grins.

99dart
05-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Danno, I have been talking w/Paul about "what to do now". Long story short, there is a track at Medford, OR. Here is their website.
http://www.championraceway.com/
I am still going to spend time with Paul during the planned nats dates. (I hope I have him talked into thrashing on his r/t). ;) Hopefully I/we can get over there to check it out. The track elevation is 1,410 feet. Weather channel says highs in the 80's, lows in the 50's for Sept. Just a thought. Might be better track times, less people. :idunno:

Danno
05-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Thats a possibility Pat, but I think Sacramento would be better for the whole group. There are only a few of us NW guys that would go anyway, You, Me, Barry. Josh, Tom, Scott would all be maybes...

If its down in Sac, its not that bad of a drive, and it lets the So Cal and NM/AZ guys have a shot at making it without having to take 3 days vacation to make it happen :)

Just trying to be balanced.

99dart
05-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Whoops...sorry, Duner. Didn't realize anyone from further south was considering this option. :r/t smile:

99dart
05-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Gotcha

Danno
05-31-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey, lets start a new thread about this and call it West coast mini meet or something. Ill put something in the Div 6 thread to direct people here..... that way we can get people actually looking and interested in it :)

Ill let one of you Div 7 guys do it though, not my playground :P

Danno
05-31-2013, 10:05 PM
Here is a link to the Mopar dealio at Sacramento Raceway...

http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/CMIFLIERS13/moparmagic13.html

RD03RT
06-01-2013, 01:19 AM
SAC is a excellent choice!!

meangreen
06-01-2013, 04:40 AM
I wasn't gonna make Nats in OK due to no possibility of getting of work, but Sac is only an hour and a half from me and would be there for sure....

Duner
06-04-2013, 02:10 PM
There's a Truck Only race in Sacramento on October 20th. I checked the almanac for that day and the average high temp has only been 75°. That should be some really good air!

Is October 20th too late in the year for other people?

Danno
06-04-2013, 03:13 PM
It would work for me!

Whats the rain chance at that time of year there?

Duner
06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
It would work for me!

Whats the rain chance at that time of year there?

I didn't see anything to get that info where I was looking.... I will have to try some other sources.

Although, for comparison sake....
Current DA at this moment:
Tucson's SIR 5,500' at 8:20 am
Sacramento 650' at 8:20 am

wyotech_cuda440
06-04-2013, 03:47 PM
There's a Truck Only race in Sacramento on October 20th. I checked the almanac for that day and the average high temp has only been 75°. That should be some really good air!

Is October 20th too late in the year for other people?

I'm fine with that too.

Both this truck race in oct or the mopar race in sept sound like fun :biggthumpup:

Duner
06-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm fine with that too.

Both this truck race in oct or the mopar race in sept sound like fun :biggthumpup:

There looks to be about a 20° difference between dates, but I have no idea about rain chances.

Danno
06-04-2013, 04:51 PM
The truck race would allow us to put the smackdown on some Bowties and Blue Ovals at the track ;) And get the club some good attention. We would be around fellow truck enthusiasts, and might make some converts.

Issue I have with piggybacking on a Mopar show, is that we get lost in the clutter of Hemi E bodies and Wing cars.... Some of these people might have a Dak RT already, but they leave it at home to bring out the 440 Dart or the /6 Coronet vert to the show. Not exactly our core audience IMO.

Added benefit to the truck date is that it will be cooler, so its even better for those guys ( Duner, Dave etc ) who usually have crappy DA. More motivation to come and get some good times in.

IMO

RTchas
06-04-2013, 06:23 PM
The truck race would allow us to put the smackdown on some Bowties and Blue Ovals at the track ;) And get the club some good attention. We would be around fellow truck enthusiasts, and might make some converts.

Issue I have with piggybacking on a Mopar show, is that we get lost in the clutter of Hemi E bodies and Wing cars.... Some of these people might have a Dak RT already, but they leave it at home to bring out the 440 Dart or the /6 Coronet vert to the show. Not exactly our core audience IMO.

Added benefit to the truck date is that it will be cooler, so its even better for those guys ( Duner, Dave etc ) who usually have crappy DA. More motivation to come and get some good times in.

IMO

SOMEONE Needs to take the Lead on this, make a proposal and submit it FAST we dont want to leave the membership hanging to long with no planned WestCoast Event... Please Guys get us a Date/Event, Host Hotel if Drag's see if they will allow a Dakota only Bracket for our group. See about a local outfit to feed everyone Saturday night at awards banquet and come up with a Name for this mess:jester: Its up to the Leadership out there to get this done post hast and make it right so no one has to turn their vacation time at work in last minute. Clock's tick'n:bored_work:

RTchas
06-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Of course thats if you guys even want a Mini nat's over there:idunno:

If not disreguard my last:jester:

Danno
06-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Im waitin on a phone call from Mr Peacock to hash out which date is best, then we would get it all handled from that point forward.

Need some Div 6 and 7 Reps helpin on this.........

Danno

RTchas
06-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Im waitin on a phone call from Mr Peacock to hash out which date is best, then we would get it all handled from that point forward.

Need some Div 6 and 7 Reps helpin on this.........

Danno

Amen to that, C'mon boy's no time like the present:biggthumpup:

Of course a nice BIG bag of Goodies will be sent there for Giveaways Folk's:biggthumpup:

If I can Help Danno please do call/Pm me:drtc_logo001:

Danno
06-04-2013, 06:36 PM
I already have quite a few people that are game for this... so any help would be appreciated.

The big choice is the Mopar weekend on the 2nd of Sept, or wait till October for the truck event. I spelled out my thoughts on both earlier...

I think I can rattle the trees and get some of the old timers out of the woodwork for this one too ;) So LETS GET A DATE FIGURED OUT!!!

99dart
06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm ok with either date. Just a tad concerned about snow on the passes by Oct.

Danno
06-04-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm ok with either date. Just a tad concerned about snow on the passes by Oct.

AH! Excellent point Pat, I hadnt even considered that.

Is there any place to go and check the historical record of snow on passes? You would have a couple to deal with, Id only have to worry about the siskyous...

99dart
06-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Where are the siskyous? Oregon? I'll do some digging.
Oh, look at this, does this mean we couldn't run e.t streets?

Categories: Quick 16 (slicks & electronics allowed, Pro Gas Truck, Sportsman Truck (7.50-11.99, slicks OK), Street (12.00, no slicks), Diesel (slicks ok) Jackpot (open to all racers, $20 buy-in), Fun Runs.

Danno
06-04-2013, 08:06 PM
ET Streets are usually considered street tires...

ET Drags, are slicks... most of what we all run are "street" tires

99dart
06-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Well, here's one for cascades.

In the news: Originally published Friday, October 19, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Snow forecast for Washington Cascade passes
Drivers crossing the Washington Cascades are likely to see the first snow of the season this weekend in the mountain passes.

The Associated Press

Here's one for 2011:

by KING 5 News
NWCN.com
Posted on November 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Updated Wednesday, Nov 2 at 11:15 PM
Related:Read full weather forecastCheck your traffic

SEATTLE -- Forecasters have issued the first winter storm warning of the season for the Northern Cascades.

Danno
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
First snow doesnt concern me too greatly, passes usually stay bare and wet for those. So maybe snow isnt a huge concern that early? Nov-Dec yeah its an issue....

99dart
06-04-2013, 08:46 PM
OK. Looks like it hits the siskiyous about the same time. So, whatever the majority decides. I'm good. :biggthumpup:

White Turbo
06-04-2013, 08:51 PM
ET Streets are usually considered street tires...

ET Drags, are slicks... most of what we all run are "street" tires

Check with the track on what their rules are regarding this.

Danno
06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Check with the track on what their rules are regarding this.

YESSIR!

:jester: