PDA

View Full Version : Pushrods-Brand and length

ghostrt03
08-07-2008, 03:51 AM
i currently have HS 1.7 non-adj rockers. i want to put a 210x cam into my 360 within the next couple of months. i know i should have gotten the adj rockers but i was already in the process of install the non-adj. What pushrod length do i have to go with? What pushrods do yall suggest? Originally i was going with the whole bolt-on setup and my next mod was going to be the 4.56's but i can not find anyone local that is experienced enough to do it. Also, i want more power, and i dont think the gearing will satisfy my horsepower hunger. Any help is greatly appreciated.

bad360rt
08-07-2008, 04:13 AM
Unless someone is running the same setup and has done the measuring, you'll need to get a pushrod length checker and measure it. I suggest Smith Bros, www.pushrods.net

4.56's will help, and can compliment most setups, can also be too much for some setups. Just depends on what the total package is. What are you looking to do, heads/cam, boost, nitrous?

ghostrt03
08-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Unless someone is running the same setup and has done the measuring, you'll need to get a pushrod length checker and measure it. I suggest Smith Bros, www.pushrods.net

4.56's will help, and can compliment most setups, can also be too much for some setups. Just depends on what the total package is. What are you looking to do, heads/cam, boost, nitrous?

as of right now, i want to setup a cam on stock heads. eventually, i will get some better heads. i have no intentions on spray. I have full bolt-ons and i was going to get an underdrive crank pulley, msd ignition, 4.56's, maybe a good tune and in time supercharge it. If i do the cam, then im i was going to stay with stock heads, stock gearing, upgrade pushrods, valve springs, and timing chain, eventually get a good tune and later get some good heads and install a torque convertor and shift kit. I'm tryin to put together a good street combo without breakin my pocket. What do you suggest?

ghostrt03
08-07-2008, 04:46 AM
currently installed: K&N, 52mm Tbody, M1, HS 1.7 N/A, Superchips, edelbrock headers, dual flowmaster exhaust (turndowns), performance wires.

In the garage: TransGo shift kit

Option 1: 4.56 gearing, torque convertor (what size should i go with?), Transgo shift kit, MSD ignition, ASP crank pulley, set of slicks, and supercharge it.

Option 2: 210x cam, valve springs, 2.02 ported heads, SCT tune, torque convertor, shift kit, msd ignition, and a set of slicks

Truck is a daily driver and will be that way for a while. Just want a nice street setup, will be at the track every blue moon. What option do you suggest?

Addicted2Blue00
08-07-2008, 04:51 AM
not much help but im running 6.9000" with 1.6s adjustables, others have mentioned 6.9500" with 1.6s, there is someone floating around with a 210x and 1.7s with a 544 lift, but its a 512 lift with 1.6s. so i'd make sure to get it right since you will be running pretty frickin close. this is for the 210x cam

i got mine from krc, nascar hardened heat treated pushrods which took 2 weeks to get

Addicted2Blue00
08-07-2008, 04:56 AM
as of right now, i want to setup a cam on stock heads. eventually, i will get some better heads. i have no intentions on spray. I have full bolt-ons and i was going to get an underdrive crank pulley, msd ignition, 4.56's, maybe a good tune and in time supercharge it. If i do the cam, then im i was going to stay with stock heads, stock gearing, upgrade pushrods, valve springs, and timing chain, eventually get a good tune and later get some good heads and install a torque convertor and shift kit. I'm tryin to put together a good street combo without breakin my pocket. What do you suggest?
ill let ya know how the underdrive pulley does, it does rev faster but time wise im not sure but ill be tryin it tomorrow

ghostrt03
08-07-2008, 05:15 AM
ill let ya know how the underdrive pulley does, it does rev faster but time wise im not sure but ill be tryin it tomorrow

i appreciate...yea, let me know what kinda of times you are putting up

Addicted2Blue00
08-07-2008, 06:02 AM
i appreciate...yea, let me know what kinda of times you are putting up
mind ya only my bottom end is stock, still need the ecu flashed

bad360rt
08-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Option 1: 4.56 gearing, torque convertor (what size should i go with?), Transgo shift kit, MSD ignition, ASP crank pulley, set of slicks, and supercharge it.

Option 2: 210x cam, valve springs, 2.02 ported heads, SCT tune, torque convertor, shift kit, msd ignition, and a set of slicks

Truck is a daily driver and will be that way for a while. Just want a nice street setup, will be at the track every blue moon. What option do you suggest?

Why not 4.56's with the heads/cam? That would be a nice dd setup. Blowers are fun too tho, I miss my Paxton. I ran a 2800 stall with the blower and stock cam, worked pretty well together.

i got mine from krc, nascar hardened heat treated pushrods which took 2 weeks to get

I had my Smith Bros pushrods the next day :biggthumpup:

Addicted2Blue00
08-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Why not 4.56's with the heads/cam? That would be a nice dd setup. Blowers are fun too tho, I miss my Paxton. I ran a 2800 stall with the blower and stock cam, worked pretty well together.

I had my Smith Bros pushrods the next day :biggthumpup:
i wasnt in a hurry and i jsut called who i figured would have a clue what size i need. smith bros ive never heard of, so whens you deadline or guessline? lol for the dak to be back running fully

bad360rt
08-07-2008, 07:21 AM
i wasnt in a hurry and i jsut called who i figured would have a clue what size i need. smith bros ive never heard of, so whens you deadline or guessline? lol for the dak to be back running fully

A lot of the big guns on Moparts swear by Smith Bros, they have any size you could want, in stock and ready to go, and they were only $100. You have to tell them what size you need tho.

I'm hoping within the next few weeks. My fab guy is still waiting on the other flange from TTi, then he can get the passenger side header and exhaust done, then it's back in my hands to get the fuel system installed and frontend/accessories put back together, then she gets tuned. Almost there, so close I can almost hear the engine roaring through those big pipes! :D

Opie
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
this might not help you but i have scorpion 1.72 rr with a 210 x cam and i had to run 6.800 length

ChrisR/T
08-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm in the same boat regarding the 210x and pushrod length. I've heard 6.95 but I wouldn't just guy buy what I've heard.

Best bet is to call KRC and check with them.

Opie
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
i wouldnt even go off of what someone told me on the phone...cause each motor is different. get some pushrod length measuring tool and measure them out thats your best bet...cause if its not right ???? well i wouldnt wanna see what happens lol

ChrisR/T
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Well considering KRC sells both the H-S 1.7 rockers and the 210x cam, I'd be pretty confident in their ability to tell me what the correct pushrod size is.

Siciliano15
08-07-2008, 06:45 PM
i have the 210x cam with 1.7 crowers. i am running 7.00 crower 1 piece pushrods. I know people who have run 6.95 on this setup and 7.05 so I chose the mid point which was 7.00. I checked it as best as I could by using a marker and checking where it rides on the valve and it seemed good. I tried 6.95 but they seemed a little too short.

ghostrt03
08-08-2008, 12:21 AM
i have the 210x cam with 1.7 crowers. i am running 7.00 crower 1 piece pushrods. I know people who have run 6.95 on this setup and 7.05 so I chose the mid point which was 7.00. I checked it as best as I could by using a marker and checking where it rides on the valve and it seemed good. I tried 6.95 but they seemed a little too short.

cool...i figured i would just have to measure it. i just wanted to know if there were anyone with a similiar seture (yours is close) that would help me out. Im really leaning towards getting the 210x cam and pushrods. What kind of tune are you running? Did you tune it right after the cam install?

Addicted2Blue00
08-08-2008, 04:44 AM
cool...i figured i would just have to measure it. i just wanted to know if there were anyone with a similiar seture (yours is close) that would help me out. Im really leaning towards getting the 210x cam and pushrods. What kind of tune are you running? Did you tune it right after the cam install?
im running untuned at the moment, once its running just right w/o a tune you know theres more power just waiting to be unleashed

ghostrt03
08-08-2008, 06:37 AM
im running untuned at the moment, once its running just right w/o a tune you know theres more power just waiting to be unleashed

yea, imma be at that status in a couple of months

uwntsumrtII
08-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Well considering KRC sells both the H-S 1.7 rockers and the 210x cam, I'd be pretty confident in their ability to tell me what the correct pushrod size is.

i wouldn't be confident in them telling me right from left.

Opie
08-08-2008, 07:16 PM
i wouldn't be confident in them telling me right from left.

you and me both lol cause i went and orderd what they told me too and it was off so i had to actually measure and get the right length

Siciliano15
08-09-2008, 02:21 PM

at first i had the B&G m1 flash but it was a little too lean so i had tom fox retune it and its a lot better now but i am going to have him retune it one more time just to fine tune the upper rpm air/fuel because it gets a little rich after 5200 rpm. also he set my idle speed to 750 and i dont like that so im gonna have him take it back down to 600 to save gas and make it lope even more.

ghostrt03
08-09-2008, 10:20 PM
i hardly see anyone running 4.11's...are they not worth the money? whats the rpm difference between the 4.11's and 4.56's? i asked cause some say that the 4.56's are to hard on the motor for a daily driver....

ghostrt03
08-12-2008, 12:55 AM
at first i had the B&G m1 flash but it was a little too lean so i had tom fox retune it and its a lot better now but i am going to have him retune it one more time just to fine tune the upper rpm air/fuel because it gets a little rich after 5200 rpm. also he set my idle speed to 750 and i dont like that so im gonna have him take it back down to 600 to save gas and make it lope even more.

is your truck a daily driver? i dont blame you on tryin to save gas, what kind of mileage are you getting?

ghostrt03
08-12-2008, 01:00 AM
you and me both lol cause i went and orderd what they told me too and it was off so i had to actually measure and get the right length

ive been hearing a lot of ppl having problems with KRC, are they as bad as they sound? i did business with them one time and that was when i order a shift kit about 3 years ago.

Intense RT
08-12-2008, 04:09 AM
Just verified what I thought today with my instructor, a professional oval track, road race, power boat, etc,etc engine builder since the 70's. To check for valvetrain geometry in a hydraulic lifter engine, you would have to install a solid lifter, or make the hyd lifter solid for measuring for pushrod length and valve stem "sweep" of the rocker tip across the stem. It should be biased slightly more to the exhaust side with a proper valvetrain geometry.

Mags never point this stuff out. I mean, with a plunger moving the length from the lobe to the rocker will be changing.