PDA

View Full Version : SCT or Flash my org. comp.

nothern dakota guy
03-18-2013, 09:26 PM
i am doin some mods to my truck cam heads intake ETC. and i have sct tuner. but i was wondering if that will handel everythin i need or should i take the comp out of my truck and have flashed first to go with the sct???

Filthy Filbert
03-18-2013, 09:30 PM
do you know what SCT is and how it works?:jester:

Filthy Filbert
03-18-2013, 09:31 PM
SCT is fine. send an email to Sean, Chris, whoever you want. I use Sean aka hemifever. hemifever@aol.com

tell him your mods and ask him to write a tune for you, and to explain to you how SCT works.

....psst...it flashed a new tune/program over your PCM. anything you do to the PCM now...will be undone and erased by SCT.

nothern dakota guy
03-19-2013, 11:54 AM
thanks.. and sean and chris who???

krs1r/t
03-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Chris at www.performanceinjectionequipment.com

Filthy Filbert
03-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Sean at hemifever tuning...his email is in the post I made above.

his website is hemifevertuning.com send him an email...he'll respond to you in about 5 minutes

nothern dakota guy
03-19-2013, 03:29 PM
sweet thanks

FlyinRyan
03-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Figure I'll throw my hat into the ring too. :jester:

RTchas
03-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Figure I'll throw my hat into the ring too. :jester:

Oh yeah this Guy /\:biggthumpup:

BluRT00
03-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Oh yeah this Guy /\:biggthumpup:

Yup that guy can tune some pretty wild stuff. I support him. :rockwoot:

stunta223
03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Anybody have a sct????? I need one bad, and right now, I cant really afford kne brand new.

Adobedude
03-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Anybody have a sct????? I need one bad, and right now, I cant really afford kne brand new.

You will need to have a used one programmed for your truck, it's not like a Superchip tuner that will work as long as it's unlocked.

SCT has a website...Read it.

Adobedude
03-28-2013, 11:50 PM
do you know what SCT is and how it works?:jester:

I thought I was on the Dakota R/T forum, WTF am I doing on Dak Duh...?

Wait.....I am on the Dakota R/T forum. :idunno:

Broo42
03-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Yup that guy can tune some pretty wild stuff. I support him. :rockwoot:

I agree! We are in the early stages of tuning mine...and all I can say is WOW!!

Filthy Filbert
03-29-2013, 12:03 AM
I thought I was on the Dakota R/T forum, WTF am I doing on Dak Duh...?

Wait.....I am on the Dakota R/T forum. :idunno:

Fuck you!!! Im drinking tonight, and was like.. "fark! I thought I was on DRTC... I'm not?!"

To the bafoon who asked about used SCT... You really should have a program written that's specific to your mods, like the old wrinkly dude said... SCT ain't potato chips.

stunta223
03-29-2013, 12:16 AM
How am I bafoon, bc I would try to find a used one for like a bill, then get tunes for 50beans???

Adobedude
03-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Fuck you!!! Im drinking tonight, and was like.. "fark! I thought I was on DRTC... I'm not?!"

To the bafoon who asked about used SCT... You really should have a program written that's specific to your mods, like the old wrinkly dude said... SCT ain't potato chips.

Wasn't knocking you....:biggthumpup:

I'm blown away by the fact no one reads anything anymore...Uninformed FTW!

Filthy Filbert
03-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Wasn't knocking you....:biggthumpup:

I'm blown away by the fact no one reads anything anymore...Uninformed FTW!

I know you wernt, but you made me think for a second that I was on dak-duh

Filthy Filbert
03-29-2013, 12:24 AM
How am I bafoon, bc I would try to find a used one for like a bill, then get tunes for 50beans???

Sure

Who's writing tunes for $50? I've never actually shopped for just tunes, I bought once from Sean, paid $365 for tuner, and free retuning for life.

Adobedude
03-29-2013, 12:55 AM
How am I bafoon, bc I would try to find a used one for like a bill, then get tunes for 50 beans???

Good luck with that...

Cheezie
03-29-2013, 07:03 AM

Im just sayin.... that statement up there^ seriously sounds childish..... beans........ really?

Anywho, you ARE NOT going to find tuning for that cheap.
Also, a handheld will usually cost you more than just "a bill", even used. As said, you will then have to get it set to your vehicle. I would contact one or some of the tuners that are around here, such as FlyinRyan, and maybe see if they have a used handheld laying around.

Even then you will need to pay for either canned or unlimited tunes through your tuner of choice.
I would go with unlimited if you have plans of building your truck up any.

FlyinRyans email-flyinryanporting@gmail