03-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Dang!!

lowpatrol
03-03-2013, 05:39 AM
I know right. 625 to get my truck tuned is a herd pill to swallow

sunike32
03-03-2013, 05:43 AM
I know right. 625 to get my truck tuned is a herd pill to swallow

What is your combo? It'll only cost you $399 for three "canned" tunes.

blackknight
03-03-2013, 05:46 AM
What is it from sean for custom tunes? Its been awhile but its unlimited tunes!

BluRT00
03-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Honest opinion is if you live that close to a tuner. Give em a try! I live near FlyinRyan and the guy has worked magic so far on my 408 big cammed supercharged setup.

Adobedude
03-03-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't live very far from pie. He wants 399 plus 225 for the dyno
Times are hard just trying to save a few bucks

Do have enough mods that you really need a dyno tune?

98DakRT
03-03-2013, 12:46 PM
What year is your truck? I have 2 PCMs with a linked SCT. You will have a tuner and a spare PCM!! I had unlimited tunes with Hemifever, maybe he will carry over to a new owner since I purchased the tuner through him

lowpatrol
03-03-2013, 04:01 PM
It's a 99 rt eddy heads 1.7 roller m1 intake cam and mopar headers

You wanted 550 for yours. Then pie would want another 225 to dyno it. That's 775

blackknight
03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Tb? And honestly i dont think you are ready for a dyno tune!

BlakDak71
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM

Cam heads intake justifies a tune, last time I checked.

blackknight
03-03-2013, 04:24 PM
A nice over the pc custom tune yes, but not a dyno tune its too much $$ for basic mods, especially if he is going keep adding things, then back to the dyno for another 3-400!

lowpatrol
03-03-2013, 04:27 PM

What justifies a tune then?

blackknight
03-03-2013, 04:32 PM
You could get a nice custom tune from sean, as you keep adding he will keep adjusting for free!

Kingst3r
03-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Buy blank tuner, go get dyno tuned...

blackknight
03-03-2013, 05:39 PM
You wanted 550 for yours. Then pie would want another 225 to dyno it. That's 775[/QUOTE]

He just said this would be a hard pill to swallow!

dodgerboy
03-03-2013, 10:01 PM
http://www.hemifevertuning.com/SCT_p/sct-custom-1.htm
Seems perfect for your mods and when you do more mods let Sean know and he will make you another tune for free.

98DakRT
03-03-2013, 10:50 PM
the reason I offered my stuff, was because prior to my Dyno tune from PIE, I had unlimited tunes from Hemifever. If you email him and ask, Maybe he will honor my PCM/SCT unlimited tunes to you if you buy them. For your mods, getting it put on a dyno is not worth the extra $ IMO. Sean did a great job tuning mine via email. I went to PIE to get the most out of it. I fried a PCM there and the truck stumbled on another issue. So about $800 later I had 10 more Horsepower than what Hemifever did for me. Not saying Chris @ PIE didnt do a good job, but in my situation it was not worth it

lowpatrol
03-03-2013, 11:30 PM
I appreciate the offer wasn't trying to sound like a di*k or anything. I was just tryin to say for another 50 dollars I could get it dyno tuned dead on. My problem the previous owner had a supercharger on it. We the charger is off now and I'm running rich as hell. Since I don't know every single part on it I thought the dyno would be the best bet.

I thank everyone for their input

Filthy Filbert
03-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Sean does not transfer unlimited tunes.

I think the OP is confusing dyno tune with custom tune here...

For $365, Sean sends you the tuner, and provides you with unlimited tune adjustments for the life of the vehicle under your ownership.

All you need to really take advantage of this, is to get a wideband O2 sensor. a full datalogger is nice, but not really needed. put a wide band O2 gauge in, put a video camera on the gauge, and go make a WOT pull. show the video to sean, he'll tweak the tune as needed, for free, and you update the tune to your PCM.

in a year, change your cam, put a bigger TB on it, port your heads, add a stroker crank or boost...Sean will work with you again to change your tune to match the new mods, for FREE.

So, Go to PIE for a one time dyno tune for how much? $600? change something in a year, pay another $600.

or, go with hemifever and pay $365 plus the cost of a wideband O2 sensor or data logger...if you buy a "top of the line" LM-2 data logger for $400, that puts you at about the same cost as the one time Dyno tune, BUT, now you have the capability to data log and send information back to Sean, and have him tweak your tune. and you can then do it after every mod from here on out in the future, for free.

difference in Dyno tune vs datalogging WOT runs? on a dyno, your truck makes a WOT pull through the RPM range, spinning drums on a dyno without actually going anywhere. datalogging WOT runs on the street...you make the same WOT pull through the RPM range, but this time, you're traveling down the road instead of spinning dyno drums.

That's the ONLY difference in dyno tuning vs datalogging. You can even measure your Hp gains by measuring reduction in E.T. or looking at how long it takes you to hit 60mph from a stop. (it'll be in the data logger charts if you map vehicle speed, RPM and O2 sensor.)

Oh, and the other difference is that the dyno tuning will give you a dyno graph that you can use to brag with. but then again, after you do all your tuning by datalogging, you can get the same thing...local dyno to me charged $30 as part of a month long special for 3 baseline pulls. they strap you to the dyno, do the pulls, spit out your graph, and away you go.

RTchas
03-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Buy a used LOCKED OR UNLOCKED SCT for $100-$180 (I've bought 2 this way) take it to PIE have Chris set you up and be done with it no messing around with email's and wideband simply make one trip! PIE is close to you and one of the BEST around go there and set it- forget it. You know how many folks here wish PIE was local to them...

I was just @ PIE on saturday he's tuning a 4x4 turbo Ram and setting up Dave's 440 R/T for this weekend's big Debut. It's a 3hr ride for me but still worth every mile

99dart
03-04-2013, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Filthy Filbert;340113]
"All you need to really take advantage of this, is to get a wideband O2 sensor. a full datalogger is nice, but not really needed. put a wide band O2 gauge in, put a video camera on the gauge, and go make a WOT pull. show the video to sean, he'll tweak the tune as needed, for free, and you update the tune to your PCM".

THANK YOU!! For stating this little tidbit! I don't want to screw around with an LM2 or anything else! I don't have a dyno within 130 miles of me so, being able to do what you said sounds perfect for me to get a "nearly perfect" final tune.

BluRT00
03-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Not trying to cause a shit storm, but have one question to the fellows posting advice. How is the part throttle and street driveability of these trucks after said methods of tuning? First one is dyno tuning? Does Chris play with it on the dyno at part throttle ect? Second does Sean ask you to do around town driving? Just wondering is all.

Danno
03-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Not trying to cause a shit storm, but have one question to the fellows posting advice. How is the part throttle and street driveability of these trucks after said methods of tuning? First one is dyno tuning? Does Chris play with it on the dyno at part throttle ect? Second does Sean ask you to do around town driving? Just wondering is all.

:biggthumpup:

snort snicker laugh.

Danno
03-05-2013, 12:00 AM
THANK YOU!! For stating this little tidbit! I don't want to screw around with an LM2 or anything else! I don't have a dyno within 130 miles of me so, being able to do what you said sounds perfect for me to get a "nearly perfect" final tune.

:nono:

lowpatrol
03-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Well bit the bullet and went to pie today. Very happy with
The results. Chris very helpful. Thanks for everyone's advice

Filthy Filbert
03-05-2013, 02:09 AM

I can't comment on that question. my build is not so wild that I locked it in open loop mode. My truck still goes into closed loop and automatically tweaks the tune for proper AFRs. but my around town, part throttle driveability is fine. I've got no complaints at all.

RTchas
03-05-2013, 02:33 AM
Well bit the bullet and went to pie today. Very happy with
The results. Chris very helpful. Thanks for everyone's advice
:biggthumpup:

I can't comment on that question. my build is not so wild that I locked it in open loop mode. My truck still goes into closed loop and automatically tweaks the tune for proper AFRs. but my around town, part throttle driveability is fine. I've got no complaints at all.

I'm happy with mine too...Shit storm adverted:rockwoot:

stunta223
03-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Anyone selling an sct setup?

blackknight
03-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Did you get a hold of that guy stunta?