PDA

View Full Version : who's in Wisconsin that emissions test's their R/T

PeteRT
08-03-2008, 05:02 AM
before i type to have no one respond... anyone in WI, that has to bi-yearly smog their truck?

pete

krusty_R/T
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
I still have WI tags, but I just say I keep the truck in Jefferson County in the town of Sullivan. BTW yours should only be an OBDII check to see if you have any engine codes. If you have none, no worries.

PeteRT
08-05-2008, 02:40 AM
no visual inspection? just pull up, plug it in, and go?

i would be amazed if i pulled in and didn't raise any eyebrows with the sound of a cam and catless true duals.

pete

krusty_R/T
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
no visual inspection? just pull up, plug it in, and go?

i would be amazed if i pulled in and didn't raise any eyebrows with the sound of a cam and catless true duals.

pete
I never had any visuals with any of my vehicles. Not even the mirror on a stick lol. Remember, none of those people there know what a cam is anyways, and if they ask, just tell them you put a different muffler on :biggthumpup:

I always went to the emissions station on Sunset by Fox Run. They seemed more interested in if my gas cap would pass than the sound of the vehicle.

splinkman
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
i smog mine,,,just passed fine,,,just plug it in,,didn't even test the gase cap,,,

PeteRT
08-13-2008, 12:18 AM
holy shit splinkman... where have you been hiding?! lol

doin the nats this year?
pete

splinkman
08-13-2008, 05:28 AM
probebly won't make it to nats,,,was wondering if you could bring back anything i might win,,,,my wifes on chemo for breast cancer ,,she's doing really well and docs are pleased but we haven't done much else,,,,if i should happen to get to nats it would just be for the end,,haven't even run a tank of gas thru the truck this year yet,,,,just took the battery charger off it..might take it out tomorrow for a spin..,