PDA

View Full Version : How far off is my tune??

AverageRT
02-14-2013, 06:18 PM
So currently I have Mid tubes, true dual, no cats, CAI, 2400 stall all being tuned by a Superchips flaspac.

Im gonna pull my clutch fan, and do a M1 2bbl with a 52mm TB. Also gonna be spraying a 100 shot with M1.

Question is how far off will my tune be with the flashpac vs a SCT from hemifever?

wyotech_cuda440
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
The flashpac wont like the lean spike when you first hit the throttle with the new TB and manifold, it might develop a flat spot off idle or get a lean backfire when you stab it. The WOT tuning of the flashpac will probably be slightly on the lean side after the mods improve the airflow, and it wont have as much timing as the SCT.

Hemifever's "canned" tune is still written with your current mods in mind, and make it run great. You can upgrade to the custom tunes later if you plan on more than the basic bolt-ons and buy a datalogger.

Sell the Superchips on EBay and it will pay for most of the SCT.

AverageRT
02-14-2013, 06:27 PM
I was using the flashpac in my wife's hemi durango. I just pulled it off to see what improvements it would make in my R/T. I had always planned on replacing it eventually.

In the hemi the flashpac made a HUGE difference. In my R/T not so much.

FlyinRyan
02-16-2013, 04:29 AM
Sell it.

AverageRT
02-18-2013, 10:42 PM
I was just gonna put it back on the hemi. I was getting better mileage and obvious more power with it.

I'll have to order the SCT soon.