PDA

View Full Version : new to america

marky boy
08-02-2008, 02:31 AM
hey im new to america and just loveing my 99 r/t!! its going to be even better when its back in new zealand!!:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Adobedude
08-02-2008, 02:50 AM
So in American dollars did you get it for .53 cents?

NH_TAZ
08-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Wow, New Zealand? What did you buy, a RC or CC?

marky boy
08-02-2008, 12:44 PM
i got a 99 r/c in yellow just trying to get a cowl induction hood for it and lowered suspention but not to sure who to buy it through and what brands to get, any ideas?? thats a nice r/t you have in the pic!!

rattler360
08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
i have a 1999 solar yellow rc rt also, i didnt know they were popular over seas, i would try to source a full hotchkis suspension tvs kit and install a set of qa-1 adjustable shocks, and find a used kenny brown, or tvr motorsports xbrace for the chasis

RTdingo7
08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
i got a 99 r/c in yellow just trying to get a cowl induction hood for it and lowered suspention but not to sure who to buy it through and what brands to get, any ideas?? thats a nice r/t you have in the pic!!

A bloody kiwi hey WTF!!!!!! just :jester: mate! The best suspension system you can get for these trucks is a Hotchkis TVS with their Bilstein shocks but they've stop making them. If you call Mark Rossetti @ Hotchkis on (888)735-6425 he may have a few still in stock for a RC. Otherwise check out e-bay for used. IMO the best hoods are the Dominator Series hood by Reflexxion part #701840 try sporttruckdirect.com or carolinaclassictrucks.com :goodluck:

NH_TAZ
08-03-2008, 03:00 AM

Very nice choice! My cowl hood is the reflexxions steel cowl hood and I highly recommend it. I have that hood on both of my R/Ts and really like it. As far as lowering, Ian already recommended the Hotchkis kit and that is also what I have on both of my trucks. In all honesty, it is the best lowering kit made for these trucks by far. Good luck with your truck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. Thanks by the way for the compliments on my truck.