PDA

View Full Version : DFWDakotas - Mopars at the Motorplex 2013, April 26-27

bob97sst
02-03-2013, 07:21 AM
First; The Mega Mopar Action Series event, Mopars at the Motorplex, will be held April 26-27, 2013 and will be the first of the brand-specific events to be held at the Texas Motorplex in the coming year. This season will also mark the debut of the manufacturer event of the year for the Motorplex and they’re going to host the Manufacturer’s Cup as the season finale. Mopars will have the first shot at ruling the Texas Motorplex, followed by the Super Chevy Show and Fun Ford Weekend. The Manufacturer’s Cup, held at the end of the 2013 season, will determine which brand ruled the Motorplex during 2013, and will invite all participants in each of the three events back for drag racing and car show. So, all you diehard Mopar participants come on back and show the world you’re not taking a back seat to the Bowtie or the Blue Oval gang.

Second; during the Mopars at the Motorplex event, the weekend will kick off with MOPARS VERSUS THE WORLD. There’ll be a Fast Friday Street Racing program open to everyone, and then a specific time when the lanes will open for Mopars to take on domestic and foreign brands for a trophy. Get your game face on and put the other guy on the trailer while bagging that trophy. With Mopars at the Motorplex on board, the Mega Mopar Action series is proof that Texas loves Mopars! What’s really cool, our friends at the Motorplex are trying to mix things up and bring back that good ‘ole brand rivalry.

“We are in the planning stages for the Mopars at the Motorplex event, because each year there is a special feature which sets that event apart from all the others,” Stevenson said. “We have a very passionate Mopar participant base and we want to host the best Mopar event possible and then have all of the racers and car show participants come back for the season ending Manufacturer’s Cup finale.”

Now we really can’t wait for spring to come, so we can hit the burnout box at the Motorplex with our HEMI-powered Dodge!

bob97sst
02-03-2013, 07:25 AM
This is part of the Mega Mopar Action Series!

04/26/13-04/27/13

Texas Motorplex
7500 W. Hwy 287
Ennis, TX 75119

972-878-2641

I will be there repping the local and national club so come join me kick some ass with trucks!

Treburkulosis
02-03-2013, 07:06 PM
My dad will be in Cali that weekend, but I will come out.

bob97sst
02-03-2013, 11:35 PM
My dad will be in Cali that weekend, but I will come out.

Great, always better to have another Dak in the mix. I usually park around the Ram boys 2nd or 3rd row once you get through the gate.

I got 3rd in my class two years ago out of 24 racers, made a little coin! :rockwoot:

Interested in the Manufacturer shoot-out as well later this year, love beating Fords! :r/t smile:

Treburkulosis
02-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Nice! I may just do the show and shine, I don't need anything breaking 45 minutes from the house, and no way to get it back home lol.

Trueblue R/T
02-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Bob what are the classes,might have the pro truck sorted out by then.Still have to get my 9.90 license before then.

Treburkulosis
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
If I break something who is gonna tow me in lol. I really wanna make a pass.

bob97sst
02-05-2013, 03:43 AM
This is the layout from 2012,

HEMI SHOOTOUT – ¼- mile
.500 full Tree, All Run, 2002 and newer

Super Pro- 1/8th mile
7.50 and quicker, Full Tree, Dial Your Own Foot Break Class
Foot Brake, full tree, dial your own, all run field, no throttle stops, no trans brake, any power adder combo allowed, any tire size allowed, no weight limit

Electronics- 1/8th mile
All ET’s Run , Full Tree, Dial Your Own Electronics trans brake class (crosstalk on)
Electronics Class, box, trans brake, full tree, dial your own, all run field, no throttle stops, any power adder combo allowed, any tire size allowed, no weight limit

PRO – ¼ mile
11.70 slower, Full Tree, Dial Your Own

LX SPORTSMAN – ¼ mile
DOT tires, All run Foot Break, Full Tree, Dial Your Own
No Electronics Class, no box, no trans brake, full tree, all run field, no throttle stops, any power adder combo allowed, any tire size allowed, no weight limit, must leave off foot brake

Nostalgia Super Stock – ¼- mile
Indexed, .500 full Tree, Foot Break

CLASS DESIGNATIONS & INDEX:
AAA/FX 08.75, AA/FX 09.00, A/FX 09.25, B/FX 09.50, C/FX 09.75, A/NSS 10.00, B/NSS 10.50, C/NSS 11.00, D/NSS 11.50, E/NSS 12.00, F/NSS 12.50, G/NSS 13.00

Nostalgia Super Stock Class Description:
Nostalgia Super Stock is an index-style foot brake only class for the year models, body styles, and engine combinations, which accurately represent those cars, which raced in the A/FX and Super Stock classes of the ’60s. Certain exceptions in the authenticity of these cars will be allowed. Among those exceptions, but not limited to, are factors concerning safety, equality in performance, availability, and durability. Classification will be based on a visual inspection and an E.T. range. No modifications, which alter the car from factory stock, are permitted unless they are specifically allowed in these rules. Sandbagging, excessive braking near the finish line or excessive mph for a given E.T. is subject to result in a disqualification. Nostalgia Super Stock is an all run field, and will compete on an NHRA Sportsman type ladder. The class will qualify by elapsed time closest to index, be paired according to qualifying positions, and then advance to eliminations. All qualifiers in Nostalgia Super Stock must have a valid elapsed time recorded to be placed into eliminator competition.
All Run, NHRA Sportsman Ladder, .500 Full Tree, Handicap Start.

ELIGIBLE YEAR MODELS AND BODY STYLES:
The following is a list of cars/engines, which are allowed to compete in the Nostalgia Super Stock class:
■Dodge/Plymouth Full Bodied: 1960-67; 383-440 wedge
■Dodge/Plymouth Full Bodied: 1964-67; Hemi
■Dart/Barracuda: 1967-69; 383-440
■Dart/Barracuda: 1968; 426 Hemi

NSS Classes: All NSS class participants must declare and have posted the NSS class of choice prior to the 1st scheduled qualifying run in their respective eliminator or at the time of technical inspection. No change of class is permitted after the first scheduled qualifying round for the respective eliminator.

Dealer Manager’s Cup Race:
Participants must be a manager at a Mopar Dealership and use a street legal vehicle.

bob97sst
02-05-2013, 03:44 AM
SnS looked like this;

Judged Car Show Categories:
Early Model Stock (1974 and older)
Early Model Modified (1974 and older)
Mid Range Mopar (1974-1997)
Modern Mopar (1998 and newer)
Truck/SUV/Jeep (All Years)
Exotic (Vipers, Prowlers)
Race Car
Specialty Awards will include: Best Wheels, Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Interior and Best in Show (Spectator Judged) and more.

Model Car Show Classes and Details: Model Car Show to be held in Champion’s Club

Builders 17 years old and younger
Models in this class may have some detailing to the builder’s desire.

Builders 18 years and older
Models in this class may have some detailing to the builder’s desire.

Best Mopar
Best Mopar model in the show; the model may be fully detailed.

Race Car
Race car models only, including drag racing, dirt track and NASCAR.

Best Paint
Best paint job on a model from all categories.

Best Detailed
This class is for models that have been highly detailed to look like a real car. This may include detailing in the interior, engine compartment and exterior detailing combined.

Best of Show
Best kit in the show

bob97sst
03-07-2013, 02:12 AM
This will be here before you know it!

bob97sst
04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
This is two weekends away!

Kotta390
04-15-2013, 06:18 PM
I will be there, most likely just gonna spectate. Gonna keep the cost of buget for my dakota parts so I can have all the new goodies on by the Nats.

rcoffroadtrucks
04-19-2013, 12:26 AM
I plan on attending this show, there isnt ever any dakota gatherings in houston, and dfw seems to be the closest active bunch of trucks. does anybody have an idea on how many dakotas might be attending?

1995dak
04-19-2013, 12:49 PM
What part of houston are you in? We go through sugarland all the time on our way down to SantaFe.

Laruesweetness
04-19-2013, 01:48 PM
We will be there, but making it sat around 7... What time dfoes it close?

rcoffroadtrucks
04-19-2013, 04:52 PM
im on the west side of houston (cypress area) about 30min. from sugarland

1995dak
04-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Do you ever go out to lonestar raceway? Its off of 10 between sealy and columbus

rcoffroadtrucks
04-20-2013, 10:52 AM
I usually make it out there a few times a year for various events. i was just there last month for tx2k13. i have only had my ran my truck 1 time. i usually just spectate.

1995dak
04-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Cool, I have driven by there 300 times and have never had the time to stop or they had nothing going on.

bob97sst
04-22-2013, 02:16 AM
I plan on attending this show, there isnt ever any dakota gatherings in houston, and dfw seems to be the closest active bunch of trucks. does anybody have an idea on how many dakotas might be attending?

I know of six besides yourself that are planning on going.

bob97sst
04-22-2013, 02:17 AM
We will be there, but making it sat around 7... What time dfoes it close?

This starts at 8 AM and is usually wrapping up by 7 PM.

Tom Slick
04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Pate Swap Meet is the same weekend... :-(

I need parts for my Dakotas...

Tom Slick

User
04-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Bob just got a call from Chris at PIE. Said that Turbo action just now got started on the torque converter. Should be shipped out this week. So it's looking good for me to make the PDC meet, but probably won't be able to make this event. Unless it shows up Friday and I take a day off work. Ha!

rcoffroadtrucks
04-25-2013, 04:46 PM
looks like theres a pretty chance of rain on saturday. does anybody know the status of this event, or a possible rain date?

bob97sst
04-27-2013, 06:47 AM
I went to the Test and Tune tonight and they are planning on full steam ahead. I will be there around 9 AM and the track said it will start time trials at 10 AM.

Be there or be square!

Kotta390
04-28-2013, 03:45 PM
It was great to see you again Bob! Its been awhile and I finally met steelhorse as well. Fun times.

bob97sst
05-02-2013, 05:12 AM
It was great to see you again Bob! Its been awhile and I finally met steelhorse as well. Fun times.

It was a good time! Look forward to seeing you and your truck at nationals!