PDA

View Full Version : m1 2bbl vs 4bbl

Siciliano15
07-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey everyone, just had a quick question.... I was thinking about goin to a 4bbl M1. I have the 2bbl right now and heard that the 4bbl outflows it by a lot. My mods are all listed on my sig and my latest dyno test was 292hp and 322ft-lbs. I havent been to the track lately because it has been so hot out but I wanted to know if I would pick up power going to the 4bbl with no other changes. Also what about my 52mm F&B? Would I be better off with a 52x55 unit? I am trying to get some more power out of my combo without swapping out the cam again and my goal is to have a solid 12.8-12.9 combo BEFORE i think of throwing a small 50 shot of nitrous at it. I should be around a 13.2 in good weather now since when my rear wheel #'s were 279hp & 300ft-lbs i ran a 13.4. Since then ive picked up 13hp and 22ft-lbs. Thanks for the help.

bad360rt
07-31-2008, 02:29 PM
I think on your combo right now, a 4bbl would hurt you, I'd stick with the 2bbl. If you went with a bigger cam and ported the heads, then a 4bbl could work, you'd probably need a higher stall tho.

I'd take it to the track first before changing anything else. :biggthumpup:

Siciliano15
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
I think on your combo right now, a 4bbl would hurt you, I'd stick with the 2bbl. If you went with a bigger cam and ported the heads, then a 4bbl could work, you'd probably need a higher stall tho.

I'd take it to the track first before changing anything else. :biggthumpup:

yea i really need to go to the track its just been so hot out.... and also im so impatient lol. last time when i ran my 13.4 it was only around 50 out so i may have to wait a while for those temps to return.

TurboBlew
07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Keep what you got and try to drop some weight... like the tailgate, passenger seat, spare, etc.

May want consider removing the air filter setup when at the track as well.
Could make as much as 1-2/10ths difference in ET.

Siciliano15
07-31-2008, 06:00 PM
Keep what you got and try to drop some weight... like the tailgate, passenger seat, spare, etc.

May want consider removing the air filter setup when at the track as well.
Could make as much as 1-2/10ths difference in ET.

The tailgate is a good one I havent done that. I never have the spare on there so thats done and i have the rollpan on the back. But I dont want to have to do things that are unstreetable cause I am trying to do a high 12's street trim truck. So like seats and airfilters are not how id normally drive so its like cheating in my mind.

TurboBlew
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
The tailgate is a good one I havent done that. I never have the spare on there so thats done and i have the rollpan on the back. But I dont want to have to do things that are unstreetable cause I am trying to do a high 12's street trim truck. So like seats and airfilters are not how id normally drive so its like cheating in my mind.

lol... get your mind over that!! Maybe a set of cheap skinnies for the front?
No sense trying to run at a dragstrip with a daily driver setup.
I wouldnt call it cheating... more like "optimizing" your setup to suit conditions. :D

Siciliano15
07-31-2008, 07:52 PM
lol... get your mind over that!! Maybe a set of cheap skinnies for the front?
No sense trying to run at a dragstrip with a daily driver setup.
I wouldnt call it cheating... more like "optimizing" your setup to suit conditions. :D

well i mean i wouldnt object to trying that out to get the best possible number but then i still like to know how my truck stacks up against other cars and trucks that are out there and its not apples to apples if i have no intake and no seats u know? but i do want to try one day just taking the intake off and tailgate to see wat that does. Normally though i drive around the street without the spare cause that was a waste of 70lbs.

rattler360
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
id port the edelbrock heads, and the m1

Siciliano15
07-31-2008, 08:04 PM
id port the edelbrock heads, and the m1

thats my next step for sure but im tryin to wait till maybe next year on that cause i dont wanna be taking the motor apart again just yet. i feel like there should be a little more in my current combo.

360 XRT
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I really like your combo and wouldn't change a thing.At this point in the game a small shot of NOS sounds perfect for what you are looking for.

Siciliano15
07-31-2008, 09:37 PM
I really like your combo and wouldn't change a thing.At this point in the game a small shot of NOS sounds perfect for what you are looking for.

im real excited about getting nos soon. i was just trying to get the bragging rights that i ran a 12.x N/A without changing pistons or getting a stroker.

TurboBlew
07-31-2008, 10:03 PM
well i mean i wouldnt object to trying that out to get the best possible number but then i still like to know how my truck stacks up against other cars and trucks that are out there and its not apples to apples if i have no intake and no seats u know? but i do want to try one day just taking the intake off and tailgate to see wat that does. Normally though i drive around the street without the spare cause that was a waste of 70lbs.

I can see your point... but if you're not class racing, where there are specific sets of rules... pretty much anything goes on a streetcar. If you dont have the money for parts... then the next best thing is to drop weight whereever you can.

Addicted2Blue00
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Hey everyone, just had a quick question.... I was thinking about goin to a 4bbl M1. I have the 2bbl right now and heard that the 4bbl outflows it by a lot. My mods are all listed on my sig and my latest dyno test was 292hp and 322ft-lbs. I havent been to the track lately because it has been so hot out but I wanted to know if I would pick up power going to the 4bbl with no other changes. Also what about my 52mm F&B? Would I be better off with a 52x55 unit? I am trying to get some more power out of my combo without swapping out the cam again and my goal is to have a solid 12.8-12.9 combo BEFORE i think of throwing a small 50 shot of nitrous at it. I should be around a 13.2 in good weather now since when my rear wheel #'s were 279hp & 300ft-lbs i ran a 13.4. Since then ive picked up 13hp and 22ft-lbs. Thanks for the help.
your vid of your setup pretty much matches what it is in person. i actually got my setup running

Siciliano15
08-07-2008, 06:09 PM
your vid of your setup pretty much matches what it is in person. i actually got my setup running

oh nice..... u have the same cam right? i think i remember u asking about how the 210x would sound. how does it run for u so far?

Addicted2Blue00
08-07-2008, 06:38 PM
oh nice..... u have the same cam right? i think i remember u asking about how the 210x would sound. how does it run for u so far?
yep, same cam cept on 1.6s adjustables, i really like it and your wantin to know how the 4bbl would perform wellll.... thats what im running lol. mine isnt as much as yours tho, 2.02/1.65 SS valves EQ heads with valve angle job and .550 springs, mopar 1.6 RR adjustables, 4bbl m1, 21# accel injectors, 52mm TB, shorty headers, CAI, cloyes double roller chain, 210x cam, asp crank pulley, flowmaster 40 muffler with turndowns. still mostly need a 4.10 gear, tom fox flash, and a stall. but at this point i am happy and around 3k you can feel the motor open up

Siciliano15
08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
yep, same cam cept on 1.6s adjustables, i really like it and your wantin to know how the 4bbl would perform wellll.... thats what im running lol. mine isnt as much as yours tho, 2.02/1.65 SS valves EQ heads with valve angle job and .550 springs, mopar 1.6 RR adjustables, 4bbl m1, 21# accel injectors, 52mm TB, shorty headers, CAI, cloyes double roller chain, 210x cam, asp crank pulley, flowmaster 40 muffler with turndowns. still mostly need a 4.10 gear, tom fox flash, and a stall. but at this point i am happy and around 3k you can feel the motor open up

oh thats cool. let me know wat kind of numbers u run if u dyno it..... our only differences are the rockers, headers, heads, and injectors. right now i am at 292hp 322ft-lbs so if your close to that especially in torque than maybe the 4bbl is a better choice. dyno it with the SAE factor cause if you do the uncorrected than it doesnt account for weather conditions and stuff.

mtlcafan79
08-07-2008, 07:18 PM
If you want to race dynos, my TKO truck put down 303/365 on ported Eddys, 210 cam, 2bbl, and a Tom Fox flash.

Siciliano15
08-07-2008, 08:56 PM
If you want to race dynos, my TKO truck put down 303/365 on ported Eddys, 210 cam, 2bbl, and a Tom Fox flash.

lol wat r u trying to do... 1-up me? we are pretty close though in numbers though except the torque maybe that tko puts down more torque to the wheels.