PDA

View Full Version : Screw driving to the nats.. I'm going by boat!!!

PeteRT
07-28-2008, 03:14 AM
$150 for a round trip auto ticket, and $111 for a round trip seat.

driving the highway is something like 700 miles round trip. i can take 300 miles off that by taking the ferry. add in not paying for gas, tolls, and avoiding fucking ridiculous illinois dickhead drivers.... and just chillaxin for 2.5 hours.. sounds like a deal to me!

http://www.lake-express.com/default.aspx

i still have to drive the 200 miles to the nats from the port.. but shit, relaxing and napping right before that is gonna be great.
pete

Jontoad
07-28-2008, 03:20 AM
$150 for a round trip auto ticket, and $111 for a round trip seat.

driving the highway is something like 700 miles round trip. i can take 300 miles off that by taking the ferry. add in not paying for gas, tolls, and avoiding fucking ridiculous illinois dickhead drivers.... and just chillaxin for 2.5 hours.. sounds like a deal to me!

http://www.lake-express.com/default.aspx

i still have to drive the 200 miles to the nats from the port.. but shit, relaxing and napping right before that is gonna be great.
pete

will they charge you for 2 vehicles since your towing the truck?

PeteRT
07-28-2008, 03:30 AM
i nixed the towing idea.

got a good deal on a trailer, and crossed my fingers the trailblazer would handle it. it did well with the trailer------- until i put my bro in laws 99 dakota 4x4 on it... no effin way that little blazer would make it to the state line, let alone detroit. it was so bad the muffler case was about 4" off the ground. looked like 2 guys could lift the front wheels off the ground. no load distributing hitch is gonna help that much sag, lol.... and the thing needs brakes, etc... so fuck it... ill make my money back on the trailer and then some.

i know the r/t doesn't weigh what the 4x4 weighs... but it was so bad im not even gonna attempt it.

i need to get the truck back on the road for a couple weeks to break her back in after sitting since last years nats. before that she was a daily driver so i think she'll do fine. i think she can do 200 miles no problem, beat her while im at the nats, and 200 miles back.

its not like its a monster or anything, i just dont fuckin trust the piece of shit, lol.

pete

Lederip
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
i nixed the towing idea.

got a good deal on a trailer, and crossed my fingers the trailblazer would handle it. it did well with the trailer------- until i put my bro in laws 99 dakota 4x4 on it... no effin way that little blazer would make it to the state line, let alone detroit. it was so bad the muffler case was about 4" off the ground. looked like 2 guys could lift the front wheels off the ground. no load distributing hitch is gonna help that much sag, lol.... and the thing needs brakes, etc... so fuck it... ill make my money back on the trailer and then some.

i know the r/t doesn't weigh what the 4x4 weighs... but it was so bad im not even gonna attempt it.

i need to get the truck back on the road for a couple weeks to break her back in after sitting since last years nats. before that she was a daily driver so i think she'll do fine. i think she can do 200 miles no problem, beat her while im at the nats, and 200 miles back.

its not like its a monster or anything, i just dont fuckin trust the piece of shit, lol.

pete

I towed my truck to the Atlanta Nats with a Trailblazer. Even drove thru the Smokie Mountains. All you need is the right hitch!!! Don't ask me if I would do it again:biggthumpup: The Ram does a better job now.

bad360rt
07-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Do you have to pay the $111 for a round trip seat if you just sit in your truck? :D

RagingRedR/T
07-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Man you should caravan with myself and another guy in IL (360xrt). Just drive with us!

PeteRT
07-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Do you have to pay the $111 for a round trip seat if you just sit in your truck? :D

nah, i wish... a round trip seat is $77. added to the 140 for a round trip car pass... 217 is still worth it... that reduction in the nats costs really helps me justify it.
pete

PeteRT
07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Man you should caravan with myself and another guy in IL (360xrt). Just drive with us!

with my track record driving long distances in my r/t... i wouldnt want to hold anyone up. driving back from saint louis last year took me about 8 hours.

i travel with anything i need to fix anything, except a cherry picker. if it ever came to that, i would pay a dump truck driver to T bone it at 75.

pete

360 XRT
07-29-2008, 12:39 PM
man pete don't be so hard on us il. drivers,we know were ruffhousers.Its one of those things growing up (if you can't beat em,join em).I like the idea of the ferry,sounds neat.You can still meet up with us depending on the time of depart theres still some driving to do.As it looks now guys i will be leaving thur morning EARLY. PM me if your in.My plan is to arrive after 10am but before 11:30. PETE M. or am i now rePETE:jester:.

Rigeldust
07-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Ill. I don't know but Ohio. Man I hate driving through that state. TX plates and me wanting to drive 80 don't mix to well there.

PeteRT
07-29-2008, 10:38 PM
man pete don't be so hard on us il. drivers,we know were ruffhousers.Its one of those things growing up (if you can't beat em,join em).I like the idea of the ferry,sounds neat.You can still meet up with us depending on the time of depart theres still some driving to do.As it looks now guys i will be leaving thur morning EARLY. PM me if your in.My plan is to arrive after 10am but before 11:30. PETE M. or am i now rePETE:jester:.

i hate everything about illinois.

i think im gonna catch the early ferry if able, it leaves about 8am. drops off 200 miles away... i should be at the nats about 2pm at the latest