PDA

View Full Version : Reduce Crime in Oklahoma!

DakNBlack
07-26-2008, 04:41 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

To: Oklahoma State Legislature and Governor Brad Henry

We hold that all citizens who may lawfully purchase a handgun be allowed to carry openly in public in the State of Oklahoma except for those places prohibited by law. We also call for state preemption of all handgun laws concerning open carry in Oklahoma.

1. Every individual has the right and responsibility to defend their self against unjustified threats of death or serious bodily injury.

2. The Constitution of the United States guarantees the right of individuals to keep and bear arms.

3. Criminals are not deterred by rules, regulations, and laws forbidding the possession of weapons. A man bent on mass murder will not be stopped by a rule forbidding him to have a gun.

4. It is well known that the requirement to conceal a handgun for the purpose of protecting self, friends, and family can be difficult especially in Oklahoma with our extreme heat since a person will usually have to wear a jacket to properly conceal a handgun and to avoid "printing."

5. The requirement to conceal a handgun can make it difficult to draw the weapon should the life of the carrier or the life of someone else be in danger.

6. A criminal will not open carry a weapon because he does not want to draw attention to himself. We believe that a citizen openly carrying a handgun lawfully will be a deterrent for crime.

7. Ten states including Arizona, Alaska, Idaho, Kentucky, Montana, New Mexico, South Dakota, Virginia, Vermont, and Wyoming all allow open carry of handguns without a license. Twelve states including Connecticut, Indiana, Iowa, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Utah, and Tennessee allow open carry of handguns with a license. In fact, Oklahoma is one of only SIX states in the entire United States that completely bans open carry of handguns.

8. In these states, Open carry is very common and it does not alarm law enforcement or other citizens.

For the foregoing reasons, we residents of the State of Oklahoma affirm and assert that all citizens who may lawfully purchase a handgun be allowed to carry openly in public in the State of Oklahoma except for those places prohibited by law. We also call for state preemption of all handgun laws concerning open carry in Oklahoma.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned (http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?oc4ok)

Sign the Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition-sign.html)

DakNBlack
07-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Arkansas Residents

http://www.petitiononline.com/ARPFOCOH/petition.html

Intense RT
07-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Not a resident but Hope it goes well for you Sooners!

Rigeldust
07-30-2008, 05:30 AM
Welcome to Texas

grapejuice1998
07-30-2008, 03:27 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

To: Oklahoma State Legislature and Governor Brad Henry

We hold that all citizens who may lawfully purchase a handgun be allowed to carry openly in public in the State of Oklahoma except for those places prohibited by law. We also call for state preemption of all handgun laws concerning open carry in Oklahoma.

1. Every individual has the right and responsibility to defend their self against unjustified threats of death or serious bodily injury.

2. The Constitution of the United States guarantees the right of individuals to keep and bear arms.

3. Criminals are not deterred by rules, regulations, and laws forbidding the possession of weapons. A man bent on mass murder will not be stopped by a rule forbidding him to have a gun.

4. It is well known that the requirement to conceal a handgun for the purpose of protecting self, friends, and family can be difficult especially in Oklahoma with our extreme heat since a person will usually have to wear a jacket to properly conceal a handgun and to avoid "printing."

5. The requirement to conceal a handgun can make it difficult to draw the weapon should the life of the carrier or the life of someone else be in danger.

6. A criminal will not open carry a weapon because he does not want to draw attention to himself. We believe that a citizen openly carrying a handgun lawfully will be a deterrent for crime.

7. Ten states including Arizona, Alaska, Idaho, Kentucky, Montana, New Mexico, South Dakota, Virginia, Vermont, and Wyoming all allow open carry of handguns without a license. Twelve states including Connecticut, Indiana, Iowa, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Utah, and Tennessee allow open carry of handguns with a license. In fact, Oklahoma is one of only SIX states in the entire United States that completely bans open carry of handguns.

8. In these states, Open carry is very common and it does not alarm law enforcement or other citizens.

For the foregoing reasons, we residents of the State of Oklahoma affirm and assert that all citizens who may lawfully purchase a handgun be allowed to carry openly in public in the State of Oklahoma except for those places prohibited by law. We also call for state preemption of all handgun laws concerning open carry in Oklahoma.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned (http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?oc4ok)

Sign the Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition-sign.html)

I'm a CHL and I carry concealed (duh), but this one seems unnecessary to me. You can conceal pretty much any kind of handgun anyway and for me, it wouldn't take any longer to get to it than it would in a holster on my hip. That being said, I believe I am safer because I conceal the weapon. If I had it exposed, I might fall victim to a surprise attacker, or attackers, who would ambush me and relieve me of my weapon and possibly hurt/kill me in the process. They could then use my weapon against others, which would sicken me to the core. I'm perfectly happy concealing mine, but that's just me. If you think carrying exposed is right for you, then that's your right. I just hope you take weapons retention lessons and stay on code red all the time, so you don't get hurt because of it. Hell, crooks often try to take weapons from officers, so I don't think they wouldn't try to take mine from me. Concealment gives me the confidence and element of surprise that keeps me and mine safe.

Intense RT
07-30-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm gonna be moving around so pointless to spend $300 while here in Houston.
I have given what you said some thought and the element of surprise is understandable. It would be a bad scenario for a criminal to try to take a gun and actually get it. Up shit creek then....Plus carrying in the open seems to make some people nervous, probably because they're not used to it nowadays.

grapejuice1998
08-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm gonna be moving around so pointless to spend $300 while here in Houston.
I have given what you said some thought and the element of surprise is understandable. It would be a bad scenario for a criminal to try to take a gun and actually get it. Up shit creek then....Plus carrying in the open seems to make some people nervous, probably because they're not used to it nowadays.

If you think you would benefit from carrying concealed, you might want to go ahead and get a CHL. They are "reciprocal" in a shitload of States.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/reciprocity.htm

Intense RT
08-02-2008, 01:10 AM
It would be nice to be able to get my cc in Kentucky. It costs about $50 and 1 full day of class. :biggthumpup:

grapejuice1998
08-02-2008, 02:24 AM
It would be nice to be able to get my cc in Kentucky. It costs about $50 and 1 full day of class. :biggthumpup:

It's about the same in Dallas, I don't know why Houston is so expensive. There is that $140 to the state though, so I can see where that might be a rub.

When I was in South Dakota pheasant hunting in the late 90's, early 2000's, it would cost a citizen $6 for a CHL, no classes necessary. Kinda like a library card, lol!

Intense RT
08-02-2008, 03:11 AM
It's about the same in Dallas, I don't know why Houston is so expensive. There is that $140 to the state though, so I can see where that might be a rub.

When I was in South Dakota pheasant hunting in the late 90's, early 2000's, it would cost a citizen $6 for a CHL, no classes necessary. Kinda like a library card, lol!Musta been nice!

Yeah some gun shop employee was talking to me about all the fees. By the time you add them up it came to $290. Dayum! Seems to me that they don't want people to carry.

grapejuice1998
08-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Musta been nice!

Yeah some gun shop employee was talking to me about all the fees. By the time you add them up it came to $290. Dayum! Seems to me that they don't want people to carry.

I think $140 of that is to the State, so they're charging WAY too much for the class. My old business Texas Handgun Academy, does the class for $80, so at least that's $220 instead of $290. Shop around, maybe you can find a $50 class and get it under $200.

2kDkota
05-22-2009, 04:57 AM
I heard there will be a $50 tax on every fire arm you own by Obamas new change crap. Any truth to that?