PDA

View Full Version : Any interest:PSU BeerFest?

Jimbarrt
07-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Well, I know not too many of us Div. 1 members are very close to state college, but I was wondering if anybody would be interested in going to a beerfest.

I'd love to check this out, if anybody'd like to meet up.

Its Saturday August 16th, and here is a link:

http://www.scbrewexpo.com/details.htm

mtlcafan79
07-26-2008, 04:51 AM
Beer? What? Jack might be interested in this too.

Five9Dak
07-27-2008, 04:59 AM
I go to PSU and we have an apartment up there, I have to see whats going on that weekend. I have work in my hometown until aug 20th, so that's the weekend before I move back to PSU.....

Edit: It's at the penn stater, that's a really nice hotel.

Edit again: No promises but if this works out, the drive up for the more southern members is gorgeous if you've never done it, could be a neat convoy.

Five9Dak
07-28-2008, 12:44 AM
I talked to my roomate dave (guy with the red mustang) About opening the apartment early to host you guys before and or after the beerfest event and hes cool with it. We'll need attendance to make it worth while, so step up so we can do this people.

ChrisR/T
07-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I'd be all over this, I love the drive to PSU and the scenery (womenz and mountains) are very nice, however, I'll be in Hawaii that weekend.

mtlcafan79
07-28-2008, 12:24 PM
If I come up for this I'll have to find a co-pilot or I'm crashing somebody's couch. I'll ask around down here to see if anyone wants to go.

Five9Dak
07-28-2008, 08:56 PM
If a couple people are interested and dave and I go, we'll open our apartment up to the club.

mtlcafan79
07-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I really doubt I can make it. Too much going on. I'm supposed to get my truck back next week. I'll prob be busy working on that finishing what I started back in the spring.

Jimbarrt
07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
If a couple people are interested and dave and I go, we'll open our apartment up to the club. Sean you are the first to mention sleeping over, we have an uncomfortable couch and an extra matress on the floor, take your pic.

I really want to go, but I wouldn't plan to stay over, so I'm trying to find a designated driver. No way I'd try and drive.

If anybody is planning on attending, would they prefer the afternoon session, or the pricer evening? Since I work Saturday til 4, I'd only be able to get to the evening session, the step up for better "food pairings" has me curious, but its alot more $$$.

Five9Dak
07-30-2008, 12:08 AM
If I went I would want to go to the 12-4 session because it is considerably cheaper..... poor college kid and all.

Between the event cost and the cost of gas, and the fact that I'll be up at PSU three or four days later anyway, it's harder to justify the more expensive session.

mtlcafan79
07-30-2008, 02:08 AM
All of my drinking buddies are going to the outer banks that weekend. I doubt I'll be going solo.