PDA

View Full Version : National Meet Idea

Rtspeeddemon
01-31-2008, 05:23 PM
So for the National meet I think Division #3 should post up a challenge to the other divisions for outright grudge match drag races at the Nationals. We have got to be one of the quickest Divisions of trucks period.

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 05:59 PM
So for the National meet I think Division #3 should post up a challenge to the other divisions for outright grudge match drag races at the Nationals. We have got to be one of the quickest Divisions of trucks period.

:finger:

You guys are cheating somehow, prolly roids! :jester:

Good idea though. What do you suggest for a prize? Your truck? It is your idea afterall! ;)

Axiom
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM

I like the idea. We should divide it up into classes so that the rest of us that don't have 20K invested into our motors can get some action. :drive:

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 06:06 PM
I like the idea. We should divide it up into classes so that the rest of us that don't have 20K invested into our motors can get some action. :drive:

It will prolly be time slip verified, no actualy heads up. Tally up the total time, whoever is lowest wins! :D

Rtspeeddemon
01-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Well throughout the day as you get a timeslip or two. Then you match up a race with someone really close to where you are running for a grudge match.

No one expects a 11 sec truck to run a 14 second truck etc.

Should be a lot of trucks around everyone's time range.

We could make the Division 3 trucks run matches against all other divisions only as we should have the most vehicles there per division.

Anyways could be fun.

RTfreak
01-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Well throughout the day as you get a timeslip or two. Then you match up a race with someone really close to where you are running for a grudge match.

We could make the Division 3 trucks run matches against all other divisions only as we should have the most vehicles there per division.

Anyways could be fun.

you come up with a good enough prize and i might be down. otherwise ill be concentrating on taking the "fastest light mod RC award":finger:

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 10:46 PM
New rules this year! Only thing you can change is rolling stock. Must run full weight! That is all.

RTfreak
01-31-2008, 10:50 PM
kiss my ass! it has never been that way for light mod, only for stock!
soooooooooooo:finger:
so we will continue with the original rules.:rockwoot:

:drive:

Typer00_0371
01-31-2008, 11:12 PM

Anyways could be fun.

most of the hardcore drag racers on here will match up anyway.. the afternoon "funruns" usually end up running whomever they want anyway.. (perfect example, my truck and Moparz truck were evenly matched and it was a matter of whomever cut the better light.. we raced like four times)

From what i've experienced the past two Nats is that trying to "setup" races will be more trouble than it's worth. I'd say for quite a few of the Club Members, the Nats are one of the only times that their trucks ever see a drag-strip. If you or someone else feel up to the task, then go for it. Keep in mind we're all a bunch of stubborn grouchy old men... lol

If we wanted to do a simplified version of this we may as well just open a "Nat's challenge thread" and then at some point during the drag day those races can be run at the descression of the racers...

If we raced in indexed Heads up races, i can see your plan succeeding, but I feel that the best thing as far as a "club mentality" is concerned is to leave the bracket classes how they are (even though I'd love to see Heads up racing between some of the trucks).

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0063.gifI changed the rules, makes it more competitive. Race it like you drive it or stay the fuck home! :jester:

Typer00_0371
01-31-2008, 11:16 PM
and as for the fastest division, Maybe we can come up w/ some sort of "travelling trophy" that gets handed off every year or whatever...

But i'm one of those "efficient type people" that doesn't see how this kind of award is cost effective for the club... lol

Typer00_0371
01-31-2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/sign0063.gifI changed the rules, makes it more competitive. Race it like you drive it or stay the fuck home! :jester:

x2............

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 11:20 PM
and as for the fastest division, Maybe we can come up w/ some sort of "travelling trophy" that gets handed off every year or whatever...

But i'm one of those "efficient type people" that doesn't see how this kind of award is cost effective for the club... lol

That would work, adding in another plaque won't cost that much extra.

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
x2............

See how many asses that lights a fire under! :own3d::jester:

Typer00_0371
01-31-2008, 11:23 PM
See how many asses that lights a fire under! :own3d::jester:

haha, honestly i think some mods should be excluded from "light mod" and bumped into "heavy mod", but other than that I think that the classes are fair..

uwntsumrtII
02-01-2008, 05:34 AM

that's how i been racing for 2 years now, hehe

SinCity R/T
02-01-2008, 08:17 PM
The flame posts from this thread have been moved to a new thread in the Flame Wars section (it's a sub-forum of the Off-Topic Forum).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Typer00_0371
02-01-2008, 08:21 PM
The flame posts from this thread have been moved to a new thread in the Flame Wars section (it's a sub-forum of the Off-Topic Forum).

okay, so ya... I feel that instead of trying to run a heads up bracket that we just start a nats challenge thread and the ones responsible for making the races happen would be those being called out...

uwntsumrtII
02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
okay, so ya... I feel that instead of trying to run a heads up bracket that we just start a nats challenge thread and the ones responsible for making the races happen would be those being called out...

i think that's Kevins hole point. i think he's challenging the other divisions.

Typer00_0371
02-01-2008, 08:36 PM
i think that's Kevins hole point. i think he's challenging the other divisions.

ya i totally forgot what my point was w/ all of the jibba jabba.. lol

carry-on..

BTLFED R/T
02-01-2008, 09:37 PM

Moderation sux ass! :jerkit: :jester:

BTLFED R/T
02-01-2008, 09:38 PM
ya i totally forgot what my point was w/ all of the jibba jabba.. lol

carry-on..

:jester: :wavefinger:

SinCity R/T
02-01-2008, 09:49 PM

The only downside to this suggestion is the fact that the vast majority of the trucks that run below 12 seconds never travel with their trucks outside of their host track, so it will be hard to get a true "Div 3 vs. the rest" representation at the meet itself.

SinCity R/T
02-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Moderation sux ass! :jerkit: :jester:

Don't make me reset your post count to 0, sucka. :sign08:

BTLFED R/T
02-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Don't make me reset your post count to 0, sucka. :sign08:

:mods::hail:

Typer00_0371
02-01-2008, 11:51 PM
The only downside to this suggestion is the fact that the vast majority of the trucks that run below 12 seconds never travel with their trucks outside of their host track, so it will be hard to get a true "Div 3 vs. the rest" representation at the meet itself.

that's some of what i was getting at.:biggthumpup:

bad360rt
02-02-2008, 01:31 AM
So are we talking the single fastest truck, or some average of the division?

Cause I'm down for smacking around some Div 3 punks :nana:

uwntsumrtII
02-02-2008, 01:37 AM

:nana: :goodluck:

Axiom
02-02-2008, 06:11 AM

You make me laugh sir. :jester:

Rtspeeddemon
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM

Oh oh we didn't want to wake up the sleeping giant :mods: You run the big guys I'm just middle of the pack :-)

bad360rt
02-03-2008, 02:34 AM
:nana: :goodluck:

I'll probably need it LOL Especially if Kris has his truck there. Damon and I will probably be a good run, if I'm spraying big :)

You make me laugh sir. :jester:

Ain't skeered :biggthumpup:

Oh oh we didn't want to wake up the sleeping giant :mods: You run the big guys I'm just middle of the pack :-)

I hope I do, I wanna see all the big dogs come out for this one! I'd love to have somebody smoke me while I'm spraying the 300 shot :biggthumpup:

Supercharged408
02-03-2008, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=bad425rt;3348]I'll probably need it LOL Especially if Kris has his truck there. Damon and I will probably be a good run, if I'm spraying big :)

Damn dude, how fast you think your gonna run with the "Big spray"???

bad360rt
02-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Damn dude, how fast you think your gonna run with the "Big spray"???

Shooting for low 11's on the motor, then who knows on a 300 shot. Suspension will be holding me back on the bottle, but hopefully with the progressive controller I can still pull some decent times. Saw a mention of 850hp for your setup, so figured we'd be close, but you're doing the suspension too, right? 4-link? What are you gonna be looking for?

Supercharged408
02-03-2008, 03:46 AM
Shooting for low 11's on the motor, then who knows on a 300 shot. Suspension will be holding me back on the bottle, but hopefully with the progressive controller I can still pull some decent times. Saw a mention of 850hp for your setup, so figured we'd be close, but you're doing the suspension too, right? 4-link? What are you gonna be looking for?

I was makin low 11's on what I had before, I am aiming for 2 seconds faster. If I dont at least run in the 10's that truck is for sale!

Suspension is gettin worked over, details not finalized

Motor is aluminum rods and pistons, major work on the crank, titanium retainers/keepers, solid roller cam with way too much duration (looks like a rectangle), inkonell valves. shaft mount rockers, bronze bushed rollers sleeves, O-ringed deburred smoothed block, you know the usual motor work.

bad360rt
02-03-2008, 04:12 AM
I was makin low 11's on what I had before, I am aiming for 2 seconds faster. If I dont at least run in the 10's that truck is for sale!

Suspension is gettin worked over, details not finalized

Motor is aluminum rods and pistons, major work on the crank, titanium retainers/keepers, solid roller cam with way too much duration (looks like a rectangle), inkonell valves. shaft mount rockers, bronze bushed rollers sleeves, O-ringed deburred smoothed block, you know the usual motor work.

Right on, sounds like a beast. I'll be running a 262/270 (@ .050) cam, thought about going solid, but figured I'd keep it hyd for now.

blk00rt
02-03-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm staying out of this post..not sure my little motor will keep up with the big dogs..just maybe have time for me and kevin to do our rematch. :-)
Dunn

bad360rt
02-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Hell, in all honesty, I'll just be happy if I can do a burnout LOL My truck was pitiful in St. Louis :( Blower setup with no blower just sucks.

Rtspeeddemon
02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm staying out of this post..not sure my little motor will keep up with the big dogs..just maybe have time for me and kevin to do our rematch. :-)
Dunn

Yep want no part of those guys, i'll take a piece of you though :-)

KicknAsphlt
02-03-2008, 04:37 PM
:( Blower setup with no blower just sucks.

Pfft.....tell me about it.... *sigh*

blk00rt
02-03-2008, 08:05 PM
KJ,
you can have my tailgate...you are use to seeing that anyways...

03dakrt
02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Dunn

IF your little than what does that make me??

Rtspeeddemon
02-04-2008, 01:00 AM
KJ,
you can have my tailgate...you are use to seeing that anyways...

Okay now you better have yours ready cause i'll be bringing it :-)

blk00rt
02-04-2008, 01:41 AM
IF your little than what does that make me??

begging for my extra kit of nitrous...
:D

blk00rt
02-04-2008, 01:42 AM

you going to have a cage in it by that point..

Rick Adams
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM

It's ON!! :burnout:

Rtspeeddemon
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
you going to have a cage in it by that point..

Nope no plans for cage, my times are right in that mid 11.50-11.60 mark could maybe sneak an 11.30-11.40 run with a better 60' but thats all I got but unlikely with the heat in August at Milan. No plans to go quicker just out of my financial means.

Rtspeeddemon
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM

He's a bad boy talkin smack :nono: Hey Rob come and get me :nana:

Rtspeeddemon
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM

He's a bad boy talkin smack :nono: Hey Rob :nana:

P.S: I'll take my tailgate off so it doesn't affect your concentration when starring at it :goodluck:

Rick Adams
02-04-2008, 03:00 PM

P.S: I'll take my tailgate off so it doesn't affect your concentration when starring at it :goodluck:

Love it! This is gonna be a blast!! :burnout:

03dakrt
02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I am going to get schooled by all of you. Looking forward to it!

blk00rt
02-04-2008, 11:22 PM

why your tailgate..I would think you would want your hood and front bumper off so I dont see the reflection in my mirror...:drive:
Oh well however it turns out it will be a fun time

uwntsumrtII
02-05-2008, 03:44 AM
I am going to get schooled by all of you. Looking forward to it!

yeah..... O.K.

03dakrt
02-05-2008, 04:37 AM
yeah..... O.K.

Everyone will be deep into the 11's while I run my lonely 12. (This isn't me complaining :D)

uwntsumrtII
02-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Everyone will be deep into the 11's while I run my lonely 12. (This isn't me complaining :D)

:jester: i'm sure i'll be right there with you. unless i can get the bottle dialed in. :nana:

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 05:50 AM

You're gonna have to do something with that tensioner, it's killing me!!! :nana:

Axiom
02-05-2008, 06:47 PM

I'm sure I'll be stuck in the 12's with you.

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm sure I'll be stuck in the 12's with you.

At least for 2 passes anyway, until that bottle runs out! :jester:

krusty_R/T
02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I have yet to run anything but 12s in the new truck. Scott cut a 13.01 in my truck though. What a loser! LOL

BTLFED R/T
02-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I have yet to run anything but 12s in the new truck. Scott cut a 13.01 in my truck though. What a loser! LOL

If you ran a bottle, then you can comment! :wavefinger:

I'm surpised Scott didn't break it! :doh:

03dakrt
02-05-2008, 09:03 PM
You're gonna have to do something with that tensioner, it's killing me!!! :nana:

Funny thing is I have it off and am cleaning it up as we speak.:jester:

krusty_R/T
02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
If you ran a bottle, then you can comment! :wavefinger:

I'm surpised Scott didn't break it! :doh:
Haha, okay. I run faster without it then you ever did WITH IT! :jester:

Typer00_0371
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM

Ya, but I still out 60'ed your ass with your hot-lapped, heat soaked, slippin, jank-ass Fastman convertor... :jerkit:
lmao

Typer00_0371
02-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I never did figure out what the DA was that night... lol prolly like 5800'+

I out 60'ed Raia's Ex in his Notchback until I missed 4th (still ran the same time he did lol) :doh: (fuckin T Handle shift knob.. lol)

I did get a best ET in David's Lightning... so in ya face!!! haha

BTLFED R/T
02-06-2008, 05:03 AM
Haha, okay. I run faster without it then you ever did WITH IT! :jester:

Yeah, Kyle's truck is pretty fast. :nana:

krusty_R/T
02-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, Kyle's truck is pretty fast. :nana:
Typical....

Axiom
02-06-2008, 10:50 PM