PDA

View Full Version : Zcode Performance Supercharger?

00DakFlameRT
10-30-2012, 10:31 PM
First off this thing looks badass and at $3000 estimated price ill definatly be on the waiting list.
anybody know when they are going to be released and how the rumor is on dependability?
http://www.zcodeperformance.com/products.html

nevr2fast01
10-30-2012, 10:34 PM
its a kit for a kenne bell head unit and from seeing it at the nat's its gonna be a sweet kit

00DakFlameRT
10-30-2012, 10:37 PM
oh that does not include everything pictured?...so you need to find a kenne bell base off ebay and than use this kit?

grapejuice1998
10-30-2012, 10:51 PM
oh that does not include everything pictured?...so you need to find a kenne bell base off ebay and than use this kit?

Uses your Autorotor SR4 MX422 2.2L/rev 19k rpm max

00DakFlameRT
10-30-2012, 10:59 PM
and they are still being made and parts can actually be purchased for the autorotor thinger magigger?
and price info on that item?

grapejuice1998
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
and they are still being made and parts can actually be purchased for the autorotor thinger magigger?
and price info on that item?

There is a Q&A in his forum that would likely tell you everything you need to know.
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

00DakFlameRT
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
im seeing $2550.....but a very sketchy site it seems to purchase anything from

00DakFlameRT
10-30-2012, 11:08 PM
scratch that $1928

grapejuice1998
10-30-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm gonna move this thread to his forum, because Chris would be able to answer these questions better than anyone, plus others interested should know as well.

00DakFlameRT
10-31-2012, 12:11 AM
thanks sorry im shitty bout posting in the right section i consider anything a general question

RTchas
10-31-2012, 02:25 AM
Chris is still in R&D but the proto type I saw was Badass forsure well designed and quality craftmanship all around. I know Chris and he won't settle for Junk in his set-up it will be right or he wont sell it. I'm putting it on my list for Santa...

Hahns5.2
10-31-2012, 03:17 AM
I'll be honest, I love my turbo setup but the Chris O's kit looks rather sexy and looks like it'll be a blast.

Five9Dak
10-31-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm gonna move this thread to his forum, because Chris would be able to answer these questions better than anyone, plus others interested should know as well.

Thanks Alan.

First off this thing looks badass and at $3000 estimated price ill definatly be on the waiting list.
anybody know when they are going to be released and how the rumor is on dependability?
http://www.zcodeperformance.com/products.html

00DakFlameRT- Thanks for expressing interest in my supercharger "upgrade kit."

The first offering will be an upgrade kit for existing owners of kennebell dodge 2.2L kits. You could source the compressor, drive and pullies seperately, but with the very low used cost of these kits now, it makes sense to go that route.

In the future I will have complete offerings. I wanted my first product to address the needs of KB kit owners who have had less than impressive results all these years.

When considering cost, please take a look at all the kit includes. It is basically a complete induction package and even includes fuel rails. I would estimate it contains about $8-1200 worth of commonly upgraded parts for NA or other forced induction builds. (CAI/TB/Intake/Fuel rails)

The website is designed to be informational and introductory for now. There are currently no checkout features. In the begining that may remain the case and I will take phone/email orders. This is a side business to me, and limiting startup cost will keep kit prices as low as possible. Adding checkout features to the website would be a considerable time/cost sink and isn't highest priority right now.

The highest priority right now is preparing the prototype kit for an upcoming dyno comparison test. Look for updates on:

website
www.zcodeperformance.com
facebook
www.facebook.com/zcodeperformance
or here on my subforum
http://www.dakotart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, send me a PM or email.

Thanks
Chris

PS Thanks for the kind words about my design efforts guys.

one bad dakota
12-23-2012, 12:00 PM
I can't wait for the finished product, Chris. I'd love to run a draw through whipple with your set up. I don't care for the complexity and looks of the turbo/carb deal. It's either your kit or I'm going back on the hose. I'm already running a blower cam....:rockwoot:
Tom

Five9Dak
12-27-2012, 09:35 PM
After I field the small blower rear inlet kits, I will be looking at big whipple kit more geared for race use. Most large whipples are availible in both rear and top entry variants, so a draw through setup would easily fall from the big rear inlet kit. No problem.

KyleDedrick
07-28-2013, 11:36 PM
So what I'm see is it'll cost 3000, for an Intake,rails,tb and a cold air intake WITHOUT the actual blower.... Looks sweet but my god that seems pricey for something like that. Looking at 5grand with blower. Seems better to go with PIE's turbo setup priced at 5400 with that including headers and a programmed tuner.

Not trying to start anything, and I would much rather have a roots blower over a turbo, but I'm just going with what I see

dakfink
07-29-2013, 12:44 AM
So what I'm see is it'll cost 3000, for an Intake,rails,tb and a cold air intake WITHOUT the actual blower.... Looks sweet but my god that seems pricey for something like that. Looking at 5grand with blower. Seems better to go with PIE's turbo setup priced at 5400 with that including headers and a programmed tuner.

Not trying to start anything, and I would much rather have a roots blower over a turbo, but I'm just going with what I see

These aren't roots style Blowers. They are Twin Screw superchargers. MUCHO BETTER.

Look around the racing world. Most sanctioned races have either Banned or put Twin Screw blowers in their own class. AND for good reason.

They are a hand full for even the turbo cars to keep up with.

$5000 for a complete S/C or even Turbo kits. Is about the bottom of the price range these days. Average is usually around $6500-7000.

Some include tuning and some don't. And that's even for the CHEAPER Chevy and FORD stuff.

KyleDedrick
07-29-2013, 12:47 AM
When Kb were still being built what was their kit worth?

Xxaler
07-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Or just swap in God's motor and slap on one of the many available blowers for $12.85 all-in.

dakfink
07-29-2013, 01:51 AM
When Kb were still being built what was their kit worth?

I want to say something Like $3800-4200 but not sure!!

KyleDedrick
07-29-2013, 02:35 AM
See that's reasonable if that was the cost and I've never heard a bad thing about those

sunike32
07-29-2013, 02:47 AM

Time costs money my friend. This isn't off the shelf stuff, otherwise someone would have done it years ago.

dakfink
07-29-2013, 03:19 AM
See that's reasonable if that was the cost and I've never heard a bad thing about those

That was prices of 13+yrs ago.

At the same time I bought a Vortech Kit for the Magnum Motor for $2500, Brand New. Now you can barely get a Vortech Head unit for $2500

Time moves on and prices go UP.

Friggin' R/T
07-29-2013, 03:20 AM
I found a vortech on eBay yesterday for $1900, whole system

dakfink
07-29-2013, 04:01 AM
I found a vortech on eBay yesterday for $1900, whole system

New or Used?

Five9Dak
07-29-2013, 11:11 AM
$4750 is what you can expect to spend with a compressor, that is comparable to other twin screw supercharger kits being produced today. It is not cheap, but these are all low volume fabricated parts for a market whose sales volume will likely be low. I can't justify tooling up to have things cast for the predicted volumes this community will buy, so it drives the prices up compared to higher volume solutions.

Compared to other power adder kits, keep in mind you won't have to buy (or can sell $$)- Filter, CAI, TB, Intake, and fuel rails. That's over $1k in hardware easy. You buy this kit, and some exhaust, and everything "bolt on" is finished.

KyleDedrick
07-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Alright I catch your drift, what's the avg hp gain? Engine depending I know but say a mild 360

Five9Dak
07-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Alright I catch your drift, what's the avg hp gain? Engine depending I know but say a mild 360

That data has not been collected yet. As of now there is only one sample running- mine. I also changed the transmission since my last dyno so it won't be a fair comparison. A beta tester will produce independent third party before and after results before the production kits are available.

Friggin' R/T
07-29-2013, 05:44 PM
New or Used?

Used

slammedR/T
08-15-2013, 06:39 PM

his price is very competitive, go look at a kenne bell kit or whipple kit for the chargers/challengers they are $6,000-$7,000 depending on options.

I know Chris will build a bad ass kit that will outperform what kenne bell had back then.

I would also be intrested in the draw through racer set-up that Chris puts together.

mtlcafan79
08-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Whipple just announced their 2.9 L setup for the LX crowd. It's $7,500 for the tuner kit. 4.5L race setups will be available as well.

Five9Dak
08-15-2013, 09:00 PM
While we're talking about price, I want to mention you might need to buy a bigger pulley to slow the blower down. Looks like I'm going to make about 11.3psi with the 6psi pulley. She likes to breathe!

I saw just about 11psi with the throttle only just barely restricting the compressor, with it wide open, it will be a hair more. It's pretty neat to have blower inlet pressure in the datalogs now, very telling. The viper 2x65 throttle body is big enough for a stock 5.9 with exhaust and the "6psi" pulley. The kit will likely come with a 2x70mm BBK, as that is all that is available new. If the buyer wants to source an oem viper throttle body for less (got mine for $125) they can delete the bbk from the kit to reduce the purchase price.

slammedR/T
08-15-2013, 09:02 PM
While we're talking about price, I want to mention you might need to buy a bigger pulley to slow the blower down. Looks like I'm going to make about 11.3psi with the 6psi pulley. She likes to breathe!

I say just about 11psi with the throttle only just barely restricting the compressor, with it wide open, it will be a hair more.

Back in the day I talked to a guy on DTO=dodge trucks.org by the name of sleeper. He built a new rear inlet manifold for his KB and with the 6 lb. pulley it made 10lbs. of boost. He said the kb inlet for the dodge trucks was a huge restriction on the blower.

Five9Dak
08-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah the KB inlet is a joke.

Same blower, same pulley, same motor, double the boost, lower IATs. :biggthumpup:

slammedR/T
08-15-2013, 09:05 PM
How about making a low mount alternator/ crank trigger pick-up bracket like this;
http://www.dotymi.com/images/BMAB030CT_engine-500x350.jpg
But for small block mopar that one is for big block mopar.

Five9Dak
08-15-2013, 09:07 PM
It probably wouldn't be ready on your time table, it would be a low priority. I do need to figure out a low mount for the AC compressor still.

I have an MSD crank trigger sitting around, I dont recall how it mounts.

slammedR/T
08-15-2013, 09:16 PM
It probably wouldn't be ready on your time table, it would be a low priority. I do need to figure out a low mount for the AC compressor still.

I have an MSD crank trigger sitting around, I dont recall how it mounts.

That's fine just let me know, I'm gonna get the innovators west balance with the crank magnet built into the damper later. For now I'm running a msd dizzy pick-up and ATI damper. But if you make one I will for sure buy one.

one bad dakota
08-24-2013, 04:36 AM

I saw just about 11psi with the throttle only just barely restricting the compressor, with it wide open, it will be a hair more. It's pretty neat to have blower inlet pressure in the datalogs now, very telling. The viper 2x65 throttle body is big enough for a stock 5.9 with exhaust and the "6psi" pulley. The kit will likely come with a 2x70mm BBK, as that is all that is available new. If the buyer wants to source an oem viper throttle body for less (got mine for $125) they can delete the bbk from the kit to reduce the purchase price.
So you did "see" 11lbs of boost, correct? Any noticeable belt slippage? That's some encouraging news, if true.

00DakFlameRT
08-24-2013, 04:48 AM
I keep looking at this 3k I have sitting in an different bank account but I just can't seem to get rid of it in exchange for this kit....lol I'm liking the sound of 10lbs only thing is my new engine is built around 9.1, will 10 be too much for me?
Like I said at Chrysler nationals I wouldn't mind being a test dummy on a stock motor and stock trans for dyno numbers. Only thing is the only local dyno guy I Dnt trust for shit nd he only does Chevy and ford crap

Five9Dak
08-26-2013, 02:07 AM
So you did "see" 11lbs of boost, correct? Any noticeable belt slippage? That's some encouraging news, if true.

Real low in the rpm range it can hit 11psi. Once its spun up its more like 10.5ish. That is with the original pulley which made 5.8 on my motor. I don't measure any vacuum on the blower inlet at this blower speed. There is no sign of belt slip. It holds boost and the engine bay doesn't have a spec of belt dust. I've been driving it everyday for almost two weeks at this point. The belt routing is about as good as it gets and the belt length results in high tension with the tensioner almost maxed out. The blower whine is MUCH more pronounced under load.

Five9Dak
08-26-2013, 02:08 AM
I keep looking at this 3k I have sitting in an different bank account but I just can't seem to get rid of it in exchange for this kit....lol I'm liking the sound of 10lbs only thing is my new engine is built around 9.1, will 10 be too much for me?
Like I said at Chrysler nationals I wouldn't mind being a test dummy on a stock motor and stock trans for dyno numbers. Only thing is the only local dyno guy I Dnt trust for shit nd he only does Chevy and ford crap

I'll keep you posted. I know you guys are chomping at the bit.

Black98R/T
08-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Real low in the rpm range it can hit 11psi. Once its spun up its more like 10.5ish. That is with the original pulley which made 5.8 on my motor. I don't measure any vacuum on the blower inlet at this blower speed. There is no sign of belt slip. It holds boost and the engine bay doesn't have a spec of belt dust. I've been driving it everyday for almost two weeks at this point. The belt routing is about as good as it gets and the belt length results in high tension with the tensioner almost maxed out. The blower whine is MUCH more pronounced under load.

Got a vid of the sound?

Five9Dak
08-26-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm working with a guy to do a really nice video. I don't have anything right now.