PDA

View Full Version : 2013 fuel cost

Trueblue R/T
09-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Honest answers

How many would make the 2013 nats if you could have $2.00 a gallon fuel cost and would you run a full schedule [autox,drags and show and shine] to get that price?? Also how about a ET bracket run off to determine the best drag racer?

Survey info only not a done deal yet.

RobbyD
09-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Where is the '13 NATS?

scatpackdal
09-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Without knowing the location (or are you saying this could happen regardless of the location?) and registration costs it's pretty hard to say. I hope to attend regardless but this would likely neither make or break my decision to attend. If it could help subsidize the price then great.

Trueblue R/T
09-12-2012, 04:23 PM
We won't know the location until the club officers review all the proposals. For this question the meet will be in Div.4,registration cost will be $25.00 awards dinner will be $13.00 and it will be a Dakota R/T and Dakota only event.It will be our Nationals not just piggy-backed onto something else,which we had to do because of cost the last few years.

Duner
09-12-2012, 06:02 PM
My intent is to make the next Nats if it's anywhere on the western half of the country.... regardless of fuel prices.

matt360r/t
09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Id be in

grapejuice1998
09-12-2012, 06:52 PM
You know I'd be in, but how in the World would you swing the $2 gas? Highjack a tanker? :jester:

Kingst3r
09-12-2012, 06:59 PM
I'd be in for sure with those prices. Even if gas is the price it is now or most likely higher, I am gonna try to make the next meet. 12 hours is probably the max I would drive though. I am hoping for a east coast or midwest meet.

wyotech_cuda440
09-12-2012, 07:48 PM
My intent is to make the next Nats if it's anywhere on the western half of the country.... regardless of fuel prices.

Same here. I'd make anywhere I can drive in two days or less, the three day drive to Zanesville was fun, but it was a bit too much to do it again.

Trueblue R/T
09-12-2012, 08:09 PM
You know I'd be in, but how in the World would you swing the $2 gas? Highjack a tanker? :jester:

No a Brinks truck:rockwoot:

Five9Dak
09-12-2012, 10:30 PM
You are going to subsidize my gas?

If I can drive it in one day I'll probably go. If it's more than 6 hours I'd probably take the neon instead of the truck. (no OD) Cost isn't really an issue, it's just time off work. If I need to drive more than one day each way, then it's four vacation days instead of two.

Patrick
09-12-2012, 10:40 PM
I'll try to be there in my Ram, no matter the cost of diesel.

Adobedude
09-12-2012, 10:56 PM
DIV 4 is NM...Sweet!

Everyone can be low and slow.

Trueblue R/T
09-12-2012, 11:11 PM
DIV 4 is NM...Sweet!

Everyone can be low and slow.

Div.4 is also Oklahoma,bout time you drag that thing out of the hills!!!

Adobedude
09-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Div.4 is also Oklahoma,bout time you drag that thing out of the hills!!!

I'd do Oklahoma...

Duner
09-13-2012, 02:20 AM
Bwahahahahaha....

I just told my wife that I was going to the next Nats.

The very FIRST words out of her mouth were: "I'm not riding in that little black truck all the way to friggin' Oklahoma!" Hahaha she doesn't mind that I wasn't inviting her. :biggthumpup:

badash
09-13-2012, 03:33 AM
:lol2:

RTchas
09-13-2012, 03:56 AM
Bwahahahahaha....

The very FIRST words out of her mouth were: "I'm not riding in that little black truck all the way to friggin' Oklahoma!" Hahaha she doesn't mind that I wasn't inviting her. :biggthumpup:

Haha:jester: That's what mine said about Ohio! :angrywife:

So she stayed Home Barefoot in the kitchen wash'n dishes and cooking:rtfm::jester:

GoFastGray
09-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Bwahahahahaha....

SHOTGUN!! :jester:

Broo42
09-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Honest answers

How many would make the 2013 nats if you could have $2.00 a gallon fuel cost and would you run a full schedule [autox,drags and show and shine] to get that price?? Also how about a ET bracket run off to determine the best drag racer?

Survey info only not a done deal yet.

If I qualify for the $2/gallon deal(being that I'd be really close), I'll gladly let someone else have it just to get at least one more R/T here. :drive:

BluRT00
09-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Does this cover guys towing their trucks in? Or just around the Div 4 area for the events?

Trueblue R/T
09-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Does this cover guys towing their trucks in? Or just around the Div 4 area for the events?

It would cover everyone that shows up and participates in the events,towed in or driven in don't matter. the key however is to get more people doing all the events.As such the gas reimbursement will be biased towards where we get the least participation so it will allow more money per mile in the autox than it will in the show and shine.If you run all three events you could get $.30 a mile both ways.At this point I am trying to get a feel for how many more people will show up if they had some help with the cost.Can't pitch a deal to a major sponsor if I don't know what I'm talking about.I all ready have interest but I have to close the deal in order to get a letter of intent to be included in my proposal.

Duner
09-13-2012, 08:24 PM
It would cover everyone that shows up and participates in the events,towed in or driven in don't matter. the key however is to get more people doing all the events.As such the gas reimbursement will be biased towards where we get the least participation so it will allow more money per mile in the autox than it will in the show and shine.If you run all three events you could get $.30 a mile both ways.At this point I am trying to get a feel for how many more people will show up if they had some help with the cost.Can't pitch a deal to a major sponsor if I don't know what I'm talking about.I all ready have interest but I have to close the deal in order to get a letter of intent to be included in my proposal.

Sounds awesome Barry. Great thinking out of the box!:biggthumpup:

User
09-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Just so everyone knows. Barry and I spoke about the Div 4 proposals, and instead of going up against each other and losing votes to one another. I have decided to step out of the ring and let him do his thing. He has some very good ideas!

Barry if you need any help from us DFW Guys let us know. I'm sure most of the DFW guys will head up that way, and maybe some of the south Texas guys also.

Trueblue R/T
09-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Well how about that!! Good I could use the help.I know you have already received a list of the vendors who did contribute door prizes and those that promised and didn't deliver.Start working on them.I would like at least a letter of commitment but it would be better if they would go ahead and send the stuff to you.If we don't win the meet we will just forward everything to whoever does.BTW if you hadn't guessed you and the dallas guys are hired now get the fuck to work!!!LOL

User
09-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Well how about that!! Good I could use the help.I know you have already received a list of the vendors who did contribute door prizes and those that promised and didn't deliver.Start working on them.I would like at least a letter of commitment but it would be better if they would go ahead and send the stuff to you.If we don't win the meet we will just forward everything to whoever does.BTW if you hadn't guessed you and the dallas guys are hired now get the fuck to work!!!LOL

I'm finally moved into my house, and things are starting to settle down. Putting money back to get the truck up for 2013 Nats, I'll get with the vendors and see what we can get this coming year. Do you have any idea/rough estimate on when you would like the 2013 Nats? If we are doing Div4 I would suggest This time next year or early spring. So it's not so damn hot for everyone.

Kingst3r
09-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Wow thats a great idea. I remeber you talking about sponsors, good thinking man.

Adobedude
09-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Plannning on dropping a new motor in the tow truck this winter...

If I stay employed I'll be there.

What is the DA???

Trueblue R/T
09-14-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm finally moved into my house, and things are starting to settle down. Putting money back to get the truck up for 2013 Nats, I'll get with the vendors and see what we can get this coming year. Do you have any idea/rough estimate on when you would like the 2013 Nats? If we are doing Div4 I would suggest This time next year or early spring. So it's not so damn hot for everyone.

early to mid june A great deal of our members now have kids so we need to get them out of school..
Ok I'll give you a kick start
1 set of solid motor mounts
1 set of traction bars
Theres $400.00 worth of door prizes to get you in the mood

Kingst3r
09-14-2012, 12:45 AM
early to mid june A great deal of our members now have kids so we need to get them out of school..
Ok I'll give you a kick start
1 set of solid motor mounts
1 set of traction bars
Theres $400.00 worth of door prizes to get you in the mood

Schools around my area get out late june, 15-25. i think thats the standard for most schools. just to give ya an idea.

Trueblue R/T
09-14-2012, 12:47 AM

What is the DA???

We are 614 feet above sea level.What do you mean tow truck it's down hill all the way,just get a running start east and coast all the way..LMAO

Trueblue R/T
09-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Need to make something very clear guys.I have not yet submitted a proposal and this town of mine has not been chosen a the site for the next meet. I'm looking for feedback on the things I have in mind for the proposal and want every ones ideas good or bad.This is not yet a done deal!!!

Duner
09-14-2012, 05:09 AM
Need to make something very clear guys.I have not yet submitted a proposal and this town of mine has not been chosen a the site for the next meet. I'm looking for feedback on the things I have in mind for the proposal and want every ones ideas good or bad.This is not yet a done deal!!!

Party at Barry's place!

We don't need no stinkin' official Nats pick. Dust off the shot glasses!

Broo42
09-14-2012, 07:50 AM

What is the DA???

Usually 3000 or less. The worst I've seen down here is around 5800. But that's mid-July.

BluRT00
09-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Count me in then! If there are prizes for the different types of racing that will get the show queens on the track. That would be awesome, and of course have a index type of racing along with the clubs spec classes. That would even get the guys that are bone stock to race the damn rat traps. :jester:

Adobedude
09-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Ram should have a new motor with a little more PAH to tow the toy next year.

I might make it to the Mopars Against the World in Roswell, NM October 20, DA as about 4000 less..

low 11's here come.

jmaack727
09-16-2012, 02:47 PM
I wish it would be in the SE Im not driving my junk 10 hours away.

Duner
09-16-2012, 03:05 PM

I wish it would only be 10 hours away....

Trueblue R/T
09-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Ram should have a new motor with a little more PAH to tow the toy next year.

I might make it to the Mopars Against the World in Roswell, NM October 20, DA as about 4000 less..

low 11's here come.

Roswell are you sure that's not Mopars vs Alliens?? :idunno::jester::idunno:

Trueblue R/T
09-16-2012, 04:52 PM

LOL 10 hours is a cake walk can do that without even stopping to piss if I don't have a female along..

grapejuice1998
09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Every year, it's the same old song. "I wish it was here in Loserville, I'm not driving that far". :jester:

Whaaaaaaa.

Five9Dak
09-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Change the oil, fill up the tank, open the wallet and DRIVE.

1LoudRT
09-18-2012, 03:16 AM
I am looking forward to the next nats- Just got rid of the 40' gooseneck and switched to a new 28' so shouldn't have any more tire problems. haha! Do you have a weekend in mind- It's getting close to the time for me to turn in next years vaction requests.

1LoudRT
09-18-2012, 03:17 AM
I've also got something else in mind for next years nats door prizes that I'll be sponsoring!

RTchas
09-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Change the oil, fill up the tank, open the wallet and DRIVE.

This /\From the Guy who sipped gas in a Neon all the way to Ohio:jerkit::finger:

BluRT00
09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
So when will we have more updates on this possible event? Or do we wait till the DRTC Exec's announce?

Five9Dak
09-18-2012, 05:00 PM
This /\From the Guy who sipped gas in a Neon all the way to Ohio:jerkit::finger:

I drove the R/T all the way to Ontario. :drive:

That neon destroyed you in a roll race! haha

RTchas
09-18-2012, 05:00 PM
So when will we have more updates on this possible event? Or do we wait till the DRTC Exec's announce?

Barry has to submit a completed proposal and then it gets voted on by Exc's as this yr could have several submission's:idunno:

grapejuice1998
09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
The DRTC rarely accepts submissions for the following years Nats, until early in that year.
I wouldn't plan on anything, because right now this is all just a feeler, so to speak. Barry doesn't want to put a bunch of time and effort into planning a big event, if nobody plans to attend.

Trueblue R/T
09-18-2012, 09:09 PM
The DRTC rarely accepts submissions for the following years Nats, until early in that year.
I wouldn't plan on anything, because right now this is all just a feeler, so to speak. Barry doesn't want to put a bunch of time and effort into planning a big event, if nobody plans to attend.

LOL Alan is right,I wanted to see how many people thought fuel prices were a limiting factor in attending the nats.From the moaning I read on the 2102 nats thread I thought it would be a major factor.Maybe not.
This is what I want
1 A event that more people can afford to attend
2 A event where more people participate in all the scheduled events
3 A stand alone event
4 A event that doesn't take dime one out of my clubs treasury

Now can I get any feed back on these ideas

RTchas
09-18-2012, 10:11 PM
I drove the R/T all the way to Ontario. :drive:

That neon destroyed you in a roll race! haha

Yeah, to bad I didnt know we where roll racing:jerkit::jester:

Five9Dak
09-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Sleeping at the tree! (honk?)

razman131
09-20-2012, 02:27 AM
cool... if its in OK, i can most liekly make that one. pile all the fam in the MSRT8 and go....

DakotaNash
09-22-2012, 03:46 PM
I'd love to go. I'd be able to do an OK meet regardless of the gas. I'd just need to know where and when so I can plan accordingly.

sunike32
09-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Div 4 is a hike from NY!! I think I'd need to get some pointers from Garret on that one, LOL

Trueblue R/T
09-23-2012, 12:51 AM
Div 4 is a hike from NY!! I think I'd need to get some pointers from Garret on that one, LOL

Just a short hike!!! Just don't forget your passport,you have to cross both the mason-dixon line and the mississppi.Might want to bring a translation book too we speak yaull down here..LOL

sunike32
09-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Just a short hike!!! Just don't forget your passport,you have to cross both the mason-dixon line and the mississppi.Might want to bring a translation book too we speak yaull down here..LOL

:lol2:

User
09-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Do people up that way still say "you-ins"? I don't know how to spell it.

Broo42
09-23-2012, 04:34 AM
Do people up that way still say "you-ins"? I don't know how to spell it.

Only the backwoods country folk. :roll:

wyotech_cuda440
09-23-2012, 05:26 AM

5 hour energy. A lot of it. :biggthumpup:

User
09-23-2012, 05:31 AM
Only the backwoods country folk. :roll:

I got family in Missouri that says that shit. When I first heard them say it I looked at my dad (I was like 15 at the time) and was like WTF did they just say?

Broo42
09-23-2012, 07:27 AM
I got family in Missouri that says that shit. When I first heard them say it I looked at my dad (I was like 15 at the time) and was like WTF did they just say?

Don't you mean, "Missoura"?:jester:

razman131
09-23-2012, 05:51 PM

:lol2::rtfm:

Kingst3r
09-24-2012, 02:12 AM

22 hours for me, so about the same or more for you I guess. I would love to make it, but I think its just too far for me....

sunike32
09-29-2012, 12:03 AM
22 hours for me, so about the same or more for you I guess. I would love to make it, but I think its just too far for me....

You'll get better mileage with that 6 speed :drive:

Kingst3r
09-29-2012, 02:58 AM
You'll get better mileage with that 6 speed :drive:

Thats true, I'll be up to about 16-18 then :jester:...I hope, that wouldnt be too bad. Same to you with your 5 speed!

nevr2fast01
09-29-2012, 07:04 PM
So your the one who bought jason's kit?