PDA

View Full Version : set up

5.2dacuda
07-11-2008, 07:29 PM
what do you guys think of a simple set up as a cool air intake, 52mmTB, headers with true dual, a msd and coil blaster, with a hypertech programmer III?

BryanRT360
07-11-2008, 07:37 PM
skip the hypertech if you can. I had one could hardly tell it was there. I switched to a B&G m-1 flash and it was night and day. Superchips is a better product from what i hear. Than of course there's Tom Fox, B&G , or SCT

TurboBlew
07-11-2008, 09:41 PM
what do you guys think of a simple set up as a cool air intake, 52mmTB, headers with true dual, a msd and coil blaster, with a hypertech programmer III?

you dont need a true dual. #1 because of weight. #2 because of torque.

My Headers/Y/ 3" single works really well for a stock motor.

Ram air/ bigger TB / & M1 is the ticket

Intense RT
07-12-2008, 03:53 PM
you dont need a true dual. #1 because of weight. #2 because of torque.

My Headers/Y/ 3" single works really well for a stock motor.

Ram air/ bigger TB / & M1 is the ticket

Even at my lower hp level (around 256hp @4400, 333tq @3300 which is damn good for the mods I have) with stock ported intake, ported manifolds, Jba head pipes, h, dynomax x muffler, dumped definitely helped the hp but the torque did go down a bit. I believe once I get a good tune that won't be much of an issue. Hp wins the war, but more gear would help in being able to get to where the hp is,especially with stock converter.

The added weight would be negligible imo, especially if you can get away with dumping at the axle. I think the benefit, with the right combo, outweighs the negative.

Start with the intake side of the engine first, then do true duals is what I would recommend.

TurboBlew
07-12-2008, 05:21 PM
yeah thats great if you want a hot rod. I hate dumped pipes by the axle.

My tail pipe exits at the rear like the stock one and you wouldnt know at idle or pedestrian speeds what was on the truck.

I could care less what your dyno numbers are cause I dont race on dynos. Can your truck trap 98 mph on stock tires? (no slicks or drag radials)

Intense RT
07-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Where the hell did the attitude come from? God forbid someone does something different. I don't race dyno's so get your panties out your crack.:bs:

Last month I could only muster 94mph with my measly $1000 dollars worth of mods.

TurboBlew
07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Where the hell did the attitude come from? God forbid someone does something different. I don't race dyno's so get your panties out your crack.:bs:

Last month I could only muster 94mph with my measly $1000 dollars worth of mods.

lol... no attitude. If anyone had one it was you about spending $$ on parts.

:biggthumpup:

Intense RT
07-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I could care less what your dyno numbers are cause I dont race on dynos. Can your truck trap 98 mph on stock tires? (no slicks or drag radials)Ok, hard to tell when you insinuate someone is an internet/dyno racer and then sound like you got something to brag about...

TurboBlew
07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Ok, hard to tell when you insinuate someone is an internet/dyno racer and then sound like you got something to brag about...

its tough to use dyno numbers as a benchmark because there is so many parameters left to the end user of each dyno.

A timing system at a track (NHRA or IHRA) is a better indicator of real world performance.

5.2dacuda
07-15-2008, 12:08 AM
ok back to the set up so you guys think I'm on the right track it's a 318 truck so

ghostrt03
07-15-2008, 05:00 AM
Sounds like you are on the right track...if i was you, i would hold off on the true dual exhaust...your motor can take in more that it can put out...Also, go with the superchips programmer...hypertech aint worth the money