PDA

View Full Version : RT Tuning Results/Testimonials....

FlyinRyan
08-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Post 'em up....

BluRT00
08-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Heard rumor's that "The Stig" approves of you're tuning. Is that true??

FlyinRyan
08-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Heard rumor's that "The Stig" approves of you're tuning. Is that true??

Some say he prefers my tuning- the last time he made a spark map, it was contoured in the shape of the Nürburgring. All we know, is that they call him the Stig. :drive:

BluRT00
08-27-2012, 06:57 PM
some say he prefers my tuning- the last time he made a spark map, it was contoured in the shape of the nürburgring. All we know, is that they call him the stig. :drive:

priceless!

RobbyD
08-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Who's truck have you tuned on here?

Five9Dak
08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Do you have the open loop delay shorted out? Can I run a screw in closed loop?

FlyinRyan
08-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Who's truck have you tuned on here?

I've tuned more than one, but Mike aka HarshR/T is the most active member on here. http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22116 The tune is a work in progress (with improvements made since that initial post) but so far so good. No hanging throttle , crisp throttle response, idle quality is good.

I have a few more to do, just waiting on mechanical issues to be fixed, or for builds to be finalized.

FlyinRyan
03-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Bump!!! Finally got this forum up and running again. I've done ALOT more trucks since this thread was first opened.

lunchbox
03-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Mine Is one also!

moparsz
03-05-2013, 12:55 AM
so is mine

RTgrouchman
03-05-2013, 02:10 AM
Ryan, do you sell the tuners direct or do we purchase them from Airram?

FlyinRyan
03-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Ryan, do you sell the tuners direct or do we purchase them from Airram?

Rick- when someone commits to tuning with me, I send them to the appropriate link on airram.com . They purchase the tuning pkg...and I provide the tuning support. So the purchasing is done thru Airram, the magic is done by me. :)

sunike32
03-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Rick- when someone commits to tuning with me, I send them to the appropriate link on airram.com . They purchase the tuning pkg...and I provide the tuning support. So the purchasing is done thru Airram, the magic is done by me. :)

You have the customer buy the PRP or...?

Kotta390
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
I got a carburetor....does that count? Lol :)

BluRT00
03-05-2013, 03:08 PM
This guy tunes my future outlaw class dominating R/T.

FlyinRyan
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
You have the customer buy the PRP or...?
No no no. All the tuning orders are handled through the website- I'm just the one writing the files. No different than buying a tuner through any of the other vendors.

I got a carburetor....does that count? Lol :)

:biggthumpup:

:drive:

Duner
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Go gett'm!

RobbyD
03-05-2013, 07:13 PM
When you finish toonin' Sherk's truck and he sends my wideband back, I'll have you toon my truck. Someday.

Shrek
03-07-2013, 07:35 PM
When you finish toonin' Sherk's truck and he sends my wideband back, I'll have you toon my truck. Someday.

:idunno: What wideband?

1EVILR/T
03-09-2013, 12:14 PM
:idunno: What wideband?

Just ship the wideband to my address, i'm next on the list of the wiseband whore!:jester:

jjones
04-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Add me to the list of nothing but happy with Ryan's tuning. Major improvements in throttle response, idle quality & and overall driveability. Even my WOT tune is overwhelming improved over previously tune. Can't wait to start tuning then next phase.

Broo42
04-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Add me to the list of nothing but happy with Ryan's tuning. Major improvements in throttle response, idle quality & and overall driveability. Even my WOT tune is overwhelming improved over previously tune. Can't wait to start tuning then next phase.

This^^^^^^^^^ Increased power and MPGs. Best of both worlds. Just about ready for closed loop! My wife is trying to claim the truck now. :drive:

Broo42
04-23-2013, 08:42 AM
There is a stretch of road leading into the parking lot at my work that's about ~1000' or so. As I turn down that street yesterday heading into work, I decided to conduct a small test....The road was clear, so I punched it from about a 15mph roll and left 2 really long stripes . Would've been longer, but was running out of room. :r/t smile:

The amount of extra power Ryan has been able to squeeze out of this thing is insane! And as I've said before, he's done this without any solid data as I haven't been able to log anything for him. He has relied on my telling him my AFRs and vacuum in certain situations. So, he's depending on me to give him correct data.

Not only has my power seemingly increased, but MPGs have gone from 7-9 to almost 12 in town....still in open loop! I was lucky to go 120 miles or so before the gas light came on. This guy is a JTEC wizard, for sure! :hail:

Danno
04-23-2013, 03:09 PM

Sick 660r
04-24-2013, 07:54 PM
There is a stretch of road leading into the parking lot at my work that's about ~1000' or so. As I turn down that street yesterday heading into work, I decided to conduct a small test....The road was clear, so I punched it from about a 15mph roll and left 2 black marks every bit of 400-500 feet. Would've been longer, but was running out of room. :r/t smile:

The amount of extra power Ryan has been able to squeeze out of this thing is insane! And as I've said before, he's done this without any solid data as I haven't been able to log anything for him. He has relied on my telling him my AFRs and vacuum in certain situations. So, he's depending on me to give him correct data.

Not only has my power seemingly increased, but MPGs have gone from 7-9 to almost 12 in town....still in open loop! I was lucky to go 120 miles or so before the gas light came on. This guy is a JTEC wizard, for sure! :hail:
You should lay off the brakes.

Broo42
04-24-2013, 08:06 PM
You should lay off the brakes.

Original post fixed...I guess it looked like I was talking out of my ass. The excitement of it all got the better of me. :nono:

FlyinRyan
05-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback!

99yellar/t
05-06-2013, 01:06 AM
new to this efi stuff, at what point ie number of mods should this type of tuning be considered? thanks

Cheezie
05-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Youll notice results even with the most simplistic of mods and a tune.

99yellar/t
05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
what info is needed so that a tune cld be written,installed?

FlyinRyan
05-07-2013, 03:59 AM
what info is needed so that a tune cld be written,installed?

Really depends on the setup itself, but typically if it's a heavily modified setup I need to know the displacement, camshaft, injector being used, headwork, exhaust setup. Injector, camshaft, compression and displacement are the most important aspects to building a tune.

darkenedrt
05-08-2013, 03:23 AM
What if your on a stock motor with some mild bolt-ons?

White Turbo
05-08-2013, 04:48 AM

Youll notice results even with the most simplistic of mods and a tune.

FlyinRyan
05-08-2013, 04:55 PM

If you're asking what I would need to know to write a tune for a setup like yours, I'd need to know the modifications themselves. The calibration itself will have less modifications because you are using more OEM components such as injectors, camshaft, etc. Having a datalogger is highly recommended as well.

I have a known good calibration for the 2000-2003 trucks with full exhaust, kegger manifold, and a big-bore TB.

rjtx667
06-01-2013, 06:52 AM
I am very thankful that I found Ryan (who also told me about this very nice place) and that he worked his VooDoo on my truck.

Anyone who is not a believer needs to look again. I started out with Hemifever and it was a horrible experience. Slow response, did not answer my questions and started trying to blame mechanical parts that had no issues. Ryan found real issues from looking at data (restrictions in air both in and out) and as we got the restrictions fixed the engine came alive.

I don't know what he does, but he does somethng good.

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

I mentioned I needed exhaust, well before the exhaust was installed Ryan got me to 6.81 seconds 0-60 as a best time with my OT-2 data logger (I love the dyno feature on there)

Well tonight with the new exhaust and Ryan's tweaks we got it to 6.15 seconds 0-60.

I know that probably every single one of you are saying so what BFD right? Well think about a few things:

1) this is a full size ram frame SUV (2000 RamCharger from Mexico, check out my garage for pics and info)
2) I have tires that are 6.1" taller than stock
3) the truck weights at least 5300 lbs (maybe more I need to weight it)

when we do the math from our dyno data it suggest we should get a 1/4 time of 14.51. While that is not a 11,12, or even a 13 second run. Thats damn fast for a truck that is big and heavy and was built all around (gears, tranny, converter, engine) to tow and have a ton of torque. We are estimating we now have apx 410 hp at the crank.

Ryan already sent me a new tune, and he thinks we can get more. We are going to shoot for 0-60 of under 6 seconds... either way this truck is amazing and has to be one of the fastest ramchargers of any generation around.

Attached is some of my data logs that should help show this transformation, I did not always managed to keep the test the exact same, but tried to document the differences. The dyno feature has a hard time estimating HP because it does it off G's and my tranny can do a mean shift and throw that number off, so we never used that for anything. But the data I could send to Ryan, and this data had a lot to tell.

Five9Dak
06-01-2013, 03:44 PM
That's a great improvement. Thanks for sharing. Very cool.

BlakDak71
06-02-2013, 04:16 AM
0-60 in 6.1 seconds is flat getting down for a full size truck. My 2011 Ram 1500, reg cab shorty 2wd with a Hemi and 3.90 rear end was right in that ballpark.

White Turbo
06-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Keep up the good work Ryan !!!

lunchbox
06-02-2013, 01:28 PM
I will agree he is the man!!:hail:

moparsz
06-12-2013, 10:07 PM
I was just looking at my race logbook from last year where I was running with superchips compared to now with Ryan's tuning i am 3 tenths faster and 2 mph faster. Same weather conditions, so thats how much better Ryan's tuning is even over superchips is

rjtx667
06-17-2013, 02:56 PM
I went to the track sat night and played some. The DA was 30xx and my best time was 14.669 @ 93.16 MPH.

For 32.1" tires on a box on wheels, thats moving pretty good. :biggthumpup:

Interestingly I beat a 5.7 hemi SC with 4.56 gears I think a few bolt ons, and from what I was told tuned by someone other than Ryan. 3 passes and I had him every pass. I did not have him by a lot, but I had him. :drive:

VAP112088
06-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Well I originally had my truck tuned with a Hemifever canned tune. I could tell a slight difference from stock but nothing real considerable. Recently I meet Ryan up in Gainesville and he set up a custom tune for my truck. Not only could I instantly tell a difference and throttle response and power but I had piece of mind because he explained everything he was doing to my truck and he made sure I understood any questions I had. Its safe to say he is the only one who will be tuning my truck in the future! :biggthumpup: