PDA

View Full Version : 8-11-12 NW get together pics.

Danno
08-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Ok,

I said Id start another thread with the different pictures in it. So here goes :)

First off, I want to thank Josh for gettin this get together started. Been too long since we did this last, and we need to make sure we do this more often in the future! It was good seeing alot of you I havent seen in a long time ( Ed, Barry ) and was good meeting you Scott :) All the rest have been tired of me for years and years.. hahaha

Secondly, I want to thank you guys for your patience and help with our difficulty with Ginns RT. Like Lloyd said, we go on a drive, and its the damn mechanics truck that breaks! hahaha. True'er words have never been spoken. Anyway, thanks a ton Josh for drivin me to town for the parts. And thanks for everyone else for keepin the food warm for us when we got back :)

Ok, onto the pics! I dont have alot, but I did get some decent ones :)

These first few are where we all met.

Ok Trucks first, From L-R Josh, Scott, Ed and Barry & Pam.
People L-R Scott, Ed, Becky, Ginn, Janice

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00250.jpg

Trucks L-R Don & Janice, Pat & Becky, Ginn & Danno

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00251.jpg

First stop ( other than for gas... ) was at Deception Pass.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00254.jpg

Barry making sure Lloyd doesnt end it all....or maybe helping him? :jester:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/PIC_0001.jpg

Second stop was purely spur of the moment to get a great shot of the trucks.

L-R Ginn & Danno, Barry & Pam, Don & Janice, Pat & Becky, Ed, Josh

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00264.jpg

And this is perhaps my new favorite picture :)

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00265.jpg

OK a few fun facts. 1/2 the trucks had ghost flames ( Ginn, Barry, Pat ) All trucks had RT style wheels, but we had both 17's & 20's in both Chrome and Silver. Both styles of Terry Delong's hoods were there ( Ginn Shaker, Ed Dual Snorkel ) All 360's, with a NA, a Nitrous, a Turbo and a Blower all represented. Other than Dons truck, which is just a minor bolt on workhorse ( he was towing a boat the next day 200 miles.... ) all of the trucks there are LOW 13 sec or faster. White was the fastest color, followed by DA, and then IB bringin up the rear in style. Uhh.. Im sure there is more :) But some of it would be self serving.. hahaha.

Anyway, great time was had, and we gotta do it again soon. I have an idea for another waterish destination.....

Danno

blackknight
08-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Thats awesome guys!

White Turbo
08-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Yeah that last pic is nice...

Gonna use that for my desktop pic. :biggthumpup:

BTW: My hood is a Good Hood from Keystone.
You are forgiven for this error.

User
08-14-2012, 03:03 AM
Nice shots.

RTchas
08-14-2012, 03:10 AM
:hail:Very Cool Guy's ! We need more small Div GTG going on it help's to strenghten Freindships and the Club Member "Bonding" :drunk: (Beer helps with that too..)
I said it at the Nat's to Rick, IB is the new FR of R/T world I saw more Red in past meet's, then Ton's of IB this year's? Who Knew?

BryanRT360
08-14-2012, 03:12 AM
:hail:Very Cool Guy's ! We need more small Div GTG going on it help's to strenghten Freindships and the Club Member "Bonding" :drunk::stoner: (Beer helps with that too..)
I said it at the Nat's to Rick, IB is the new FR of R/T world I saw more Red in past meet's, then Ton's of IB this year's? Who Knew?

:biggthumpup:

Danno
08-14-2012, 03:26 AM
Yeah that last pic is nice...

Gonna use that for my desktop pic. :biggthumpup:

BTW: My hood is a Good Hood from Keystone.
You are forgiven for this error.

DOH!

Well I believe that Keystone bought the pattern/mold from Terry, just like the Shaker. I remember stopping to pick up Mike Smith's ( Baloo ) 00 BW CC on the first meet at Terrys shop. It had the exact same hood :)

Danno

Danno
08-14-2012, 03:28 AM
:hail:Very Cool Guy's ! We need more small Div GTG going on it help's to strenghten Freindships and the Club Member "Bonding" :drunk: (Beer helps with that too..)

IB is everywhere... MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You do have to admit, that Rick is somewhat biased when it comes to IB... Of course my wife is too ( 98 IB RC )

I am personally partial to DA... but we all know DA is the best color ;)

Danno

Danno
08-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Thats awesome guys!

You need to come along next time! You can follow Pat & Becky over from Wenatchee...

Danno

sunike32
08-14-2012, 03:43 AM
Nice to see other guys having little meets, and great pictures! I am really liking Josh's DA regular cab! Danno, what mechanical issues did you have?

Rick Adams
08-14-2012, 12:07 PM

Thought the same thing Chas, lots of IB's out there as well!!
Nice pics Danno, looks like a good time :biggthumpup:

Danno
08-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Nice to see other guys having little meets, and great pictures! I am really liking Josh's DA regular cab! Danno, what mechanical issues did you have?

Eh, nothing major, just a PITA to fix alongside the road.

I have underdrive pulleys on both our trucks, and a long long time ago, someone named Randy Pile ( blast from the past folks! ) made a WP underdrive ring to go on the waterpump so that you could run the stock belt with the UD pulleys. Well its a piece of aluminum, with 3 set screws that you locktite in and its supposed to stay. Well it did for 10 years and 55k miles :) But when they come off on a curvy road, and you lose your belt, and with 10 years of grud and red locktite, you ARENT backing the setscrews off enough to slide it back on. So I had to ziptie it to the fan blades to get it home, and get a shorter belt. I ended up driving 100 miles back home at 50ish mph with no powersteering.... FUN... not :) Pat and I were able to get it dealt with in about 30 mins once I was at home.

Danno

6speedrt
08-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Now that the LeMay Car Museum is open, that might be a cool get together. Maybe Johnston Point at St. Helens or Rainier for picnic. No decent water destinations around unless you go to Ocean Shores/Astoria or something like that.

Danno
08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
We could head down south towards you and Ed. We could also maybe plan a Leavenworth/Chelan trip or something like that too and head towards the Eastsiders a little.

Im game for either :) You guys decide which you want to do, and Ill get to figurin it out.

Danno

X_HAWAII RT
08-17-2012, 06:44 AM
We could head down south towards you and Ed. We could also maybe plan a Leavenworth/Chelan trip or something like that too and head towards the Eastsiders a little.

Im game for either :) You guys decide which you want to do, and Ill get to figurin it out.

Danno

I gotta get the truck reliable....I gotta get the truck reliable....I gotta get the truck reliable....:drive:

Danno
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
I gotta get the truck reliable....I gotta get the truck reliable....I gotta get the truck reliable....:drive:

I thought I had the truck reliable......I thought I had the truck reliable......
I thought I had the truck reliable......

hehehe

Danno

6speedrt
08-17-2012, 03:36 PM
I thought I had the truck reliable......I thought I had the truck reliable......
I thought I had the truck reliable......

hehehe

Danno

LOL, hey it happens. Glad you were able to get it back home and fixed. Got home and had the cover up and the darn brackets wern't tight enough I guess. Brackets slid and now my tonneau is on crooked and wont close. Needed to take it off anyway to do things.

6speedrt
08-17-2012, 03:36 PM

Hey it made it to the parking lot, better than most on here.

Danno
08-17-2012, 05:03 PM
LOL, hey it happens. Glad you were able to get it back home and fixed. Got home and had the cover up and the darn brackets wern't tight enough I guess. Brackets slid and now my tonneau is on crooked and wont close. Needed to take it off anyway to do things.

Do you have an x-brace on your truck? If not you might consider it.

With Ginns, the bed flex's ALOT without the xbrace on there. With the Xbrace on that whole thing is very rigid... we used to have alot of problems with her tonneau coming loose ( hence all the scratches on the top of the bed rail.... ) There were two reasons for it, and one of them was bed flex. the Xbrace about cured it.

Just a FYI :)

Danno

6speedrt
08-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Do you have an x-brace on your truck? If not you might consider it.

With Ginns, the bed flex's ALOT without the xbrace on there. With the Xbrace on that whole thing is very rigid... we used to have alot of problems with her tonneau coming loose ( hence all the scratches on the top of the bed rail.... ) There were two reasons for it, and one of them was bed flex. the Xbrace about cured it.

Just a FYI :)

Danno

Yup, have the x-brace. Mine is actually stiffer than stock because I welded the driveshaft loop into it. This was the mount itself, it slid on the tape I had under it before so it wouldn't scratch. Put clear tape on the bedrails, but evidently the body man didn't take it off the brackets when I had him paint them. Got hot and slipped. Great, so now I have to take the tape off and put the brackets back on. I was planning on removing the top at some point, but now I have to to drive it again.

madboy
08-27-2012, 12:02 AM
When you think about it thats a pretty fast & heavily modded (hoods to bolt on's) group of die hards - Very cool!!

It was a great time and awesome to see everyone again. Glad I could help get it jump started. Thanks for the pics dude!

Cheers!

Josh

Ok,

I said Id start another thread with the different pictures in it. So here goes :)

First off, I want to thank Josh for gettin this get together started. Been too long since we did this last, and we need to make sure we do this more often in the future! It was good seeing alot of you I havent seen in a long time ( Ed, Barry ) and was good meeting you Scott :) All the rest have been tired of me for years and years.. hahaha

Secondly, I want to thank you guys for your patience and help with our difficulty with Ginns RT. Like Lloyd said, we go on a drive, and its the damn mechanics truck that breaks! hahaha. True'er words have never been spoken. Anyway, thanks a ton Josh for drivin me to town for the parts. And thanks for everyone else for keepin the food warm for us when we got back :)

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00250.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00251.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00254.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/PIC_0001.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00264.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad227/MoparDanno/RT%20Gettogethers/8-11-12%20Deception%20Pass%20Chukanut%20Dr/DSC00265.jpg

OK a few fun facts. 1/2 the trucks had ghost flames ( Ginn, Barry, Pat ) All trucks had RT style wheels, but we had both 17's & 20's in both Chrome and Silver. Both styles of Terry Delong's hoods were there ( Ginn Shaker, Ed Dual Snorkel ) All 360's, with a NA, a Nitrous, a Turbo and a Blower all represented. Other than Dons truck, which is just a minor bolt on workhorse ( he was towing a boat the next day 200 miles.... ) all of the trucks there are LOW 13 sec or faster. White was the fastest color, followed by DA, and then IB bringin up the rear in style. Uhh.. Im sure there is more :) But some of it would be self serving.. hahaha.

Anyway, great time was had, and we gotta do it again soon. I have an idea for another waterish destination.....

Danno

huskerrt79
08-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Nice pics man.:biggthumpup:

razman131
08-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Ok,

Danno

holy crap.... most everyone still owns a truck!!!

i missed this due to being forced to work in HAWAII for 2.5 months....:fml:

will have to make the next get together next month.

Danno.... need to talk to you about my recall and align the MSRT8 before i go back to TX

Danno
08-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Raz,

Give me a call at work and I can get you setup. Althought you might be better off hitting Dwayne Lanes up in Everett to be honest. The techs and service here arent what I would call top notch.....

razman131
08-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Raz,

Give me a call at work and I can get you setup. Althought you might be better off hitting Dwayne Lanes up in Everett to be honest. The techs and service here arent what I would call top notch.....

thanks for the warning.... and i get to see the new Dart

Danno
08-27-2012, 10:12 PM
thanks for the warning.... and i get to see the new Dart

Yeah,

They have one here they keep buggin me to drive. Guess I need to get off my duff and give it a spin. hahaha

KicknAsphlt
09-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah,

They have one here they keep buggin me to drive. Guess I need to get off my duff and give it a spin. hahaha

I've actually been looking at the new darts (part of my research for a new car...long story)...the don't look bad, seem to have decent power and gas mileage. Now, if only I had a dealership hookup if I decided to get one within the next few months.... *innocently looks around whistling*

Danno
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
I've actually been looking at the new darts (part of my research for a new car...long story)...the don't look bad, seem to have decent power and gas mileage. Now, if only I had a dealership hookup if I decided to get one within the next few months.... *innocently looks around whistling*

If ya wanna come up here sure :) But getting it back into Cali might be an issue.....

Danno

KicknAsphlt
09-05-2012, 09:28 PM
If ya wanna come up here sure :) But getting it back into Cali might be an issue.....

Danno

I haven't lived in Cali in 4yrs....didn't you pay attention to the return address on that pump? :nana:

Been living in CO since '08.

Danno
09-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I haven't lived in Cali in 4yrs....didn't you pay attention to the return address on that pump? :nana:

Been living in CO since '08.

Der... uhhh DOH! :P

I forgot about your moving. hahaha. I can get you setup with one of the good sales guys if you are serious. They will treat ya pretty good. Our sales dept is actually not bad.

Danno

razman131
09-06-2012, 01:29 AM

I forgot about your moving. hahaha. I can get you setup with one of the good sales guys if you are serious. They will treat ya pretty good. Our sales dept is actually not bad.

Danno

sales good but service not so good??? hrmmmmm how do yall keep your 5star rating then?

KicknAsphlt
09-06-2012, 03:49 AM

Danno

Well, I'm still in 'research mode' and the dart is only one of many cars I'm considering in a price range. I'll let ya know though, I'll be looking to pull the trigger (on whatever I decide to buy) at the end of the year.

Danno
09-06-2012, 02:44 PM
sales good but service not so good??? hrmmmmm how do yall keep your 5star rating then?

Heh,

5star rating is just BS really. Keep your new car customers happy, and your warranty customers happy and thats all you have to do really. Now customer pay people are another story. If the lil DRB/Starscan doesnt tell them its a problem, then the problem doesnt exsist! Heh. And contrary to most thought, new car sales is NOT where a dealership makes its money, the service department is where the $$ is made.

6speedrt
09-06-2012, 10:27 PM
. And contrary to most thought, new car sales is NOT where a dealership makes its money, the service department is where the $$ is made.[/QUOTE]

Thats true with about all industries that produce a product. Even our stuff.

Danno
09-06-2012, 10:49 PM
I guess that makes sense really.

Have to sell the product as basically a loss leader, because all purchases are price driven. Service price after the fact rarely comes into consideration, so there is more room to make profits there.