PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Folks...

X_HAWAII RT
08-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Anyone in the area want to meet and grab a bite for dinner? I will be in town until Thursday at the Hotel Indigo downtown. Unfortunately, I won't have a car though.....

scott

grapejuice1998
08-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Anyone in the area want to meet and grab a bite for dinner? I will be in town until Thursday at the Hotel Indigo downtown. Unfortunately, I won't have a car though.....

scott

I'll see if we can get a few people together. :biggthumpup:

X_HAWAII RT
08-13-2012, 04:20 AM
I'll see if we can get a few people together. :biggthumpup:

thanks Alan. If you can, that would be great. I also just got a quick rundown on my schedule, I'm free Monday/Tues night. So if we can't meet up, no worries.

thanks again

bob97sst
08-14-2012, 02:27 AM
I can catch up for dinner tomorrow after 8 PM. Could possibly do Wednesday as well.

User
08-14-2012, 02:29 AM
If I didn't have to work nights. I would meet up during the week, but I'm restricted to weekends only at this point.

X_HAWAII RT
08-14-2012, 03:18 AM
I can catch up for dinner tomorrow after 8 PM. Could possibly do Wednesday as well.

If I didn't have to work nights. I would meet up during the week, but I'm restricted to weekends only at this point.

guys,
no worries. Tommorrow is the only other night that I could meet. Hopefully, I'll be back next year for the same conference. Maybe I'll have a rental then and we can meet somewhere central.

thanks,
scott

bob97sst
08-16-2012, 01:09 AM
You still down for catching up?

User
08-16-2012, 02:23 AM
Yesterday was his last day to hang,

By the way, Bob from Decatur called me again, apparently I forgot some stuff. So I'll be heading back out that way on Saturday to pick it up.

X_HAWAII RT
08-16-2012, 04:27 AM
You still down for catching up?

Sorry I couldn't make it, I had a function to attend this evening. I do appreciate the offer.

Well what I saw of downtown Dallas appeared nice. Unfortunately, I got out of my conference everyday at 4:30 which didn't leave much time for me to do much. Not having a car didn't help either....I did visit the 6th floor museum and the grassy knoll, I'm glad I got to do that. I'm out tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, I'll be back next year!

Treburkulosis
01-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Dang if I had only joined sooner. We need a DFW meet soon. I am in hilsboro but Ill travel. I have a house near arlington, that I often stay out. Lets get some DFW shit together.

bob97sst
01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Dang if I had only joined sooner. We need a DFW meet soon. I am in hilsboro but Ill travel. I have a house near arlington, that I often stay out. Lets get some DFW shit together.

I plan on putting together a DFW meet in the next month.

SGJardot
01-24-2013, 12:42 AM
I just might drive from Austin for that.

jjones
01-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Damn, about time yall did something. Im game as always. Whats the status of Chris's truck?

User
01-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Damn, about time yall did something. Im game as always. Whats the status of Chris's truck?

Status = not done. Waiting to see what I get back for taxes

Need to paint (already have paint materials)
Hood,
Front Bumper,
Grill,
Driver Fender,
2 small spots on back of cab,
Rollpan,
Checkmate Bed cover
tailgate

swap out transmissions

install caltracs

pick up my widened R/T Rims from Robert

and I should be all set. If I can get all that done in time, I can start with putting the Paxton Novi 2000 setup together. Not sure if I will have time for that though before the Nats.

jjones
01-24-2013, 02:21 AM
Thats one hell of a laundry list of shit to do. Is it drivable right now?

User
01-24-2013, 02:25 AM
Yeah it's drivable. Motor is done, just sitting until I have time to pull the tranny, and take it down and have it painted. I really wish I had my own paint booth. Would make shit a lot easier.

It's really not that bad of a list. Tranny can be knocked out in a day if nothing goes wrong lol, same with the clatracs, hardest part with those is getting the damn metal bushing in the leaf.

Paint might take some time, all the body work is pretty much done, I finished that myself. Just needs to be to sprayed. Finding a decent shop is the problem.

bob97sst
01-24-2013, 02:44 AM

Planning on having a professional photographer for this one to take pictures for the new DFWDakotas website. May need to hit a car wash first for everyone to shine up, plan on pictures outside, inside, engine and undercarriage. Want to get 10+ trucks there for a new group shot.

Will go over plans for nationals convoy and other events in DFW for this year.

jjones
01-24-2013, 03:09 AM
That bushing is easy to get in. Prybar, 5lb sledge, wood block and some grease and voila. 5 minute job max. You have drop hangers on the front of the leafs right? Are those widened R/Ts 17" or 20"?

User
01-24-2013, 03:27 AM
That bushing is easy to get in. Prybar, 5lb sledge, wood block and some grease and voila. 5 minute job max. You have drop hangers on the front of the leafs right? Are those widened R/Ts 17" or 20"?

Yes, I have drop hangers, Belltech hangers. The rims are 17"x11" R/T rims.

X_HAWAII RT
01-24-2013, 04:35 AM
Well it looks like I'll be back during the first week in Aug. This time I would like to get some good Texas BBQ!!!!

1995dak
01-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes, I have drop hangers, Belltech hangers. The rims are 17"x11" R/T rims.

Nice! Those are going to look tough on your truck! :rockwoot:Did you get them widened there in Dallas?

bob97sst
01-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Well it looks like I'll be back during the first week in Aug. This time I would like to get some good Texas BBQ!!!!

Look forward to meeting you then. Will this be another conference visit?

1995dak
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM

lol Sure wish I would have known you when I did mine. Did not go that smooth for me.:doh:

jjones
01-24-2013, 03:24 PM

Hmm, the only way to get good bbq is to come to Austin!!!!! Ill treat if you do.

jjones
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
lol Sure wish I would have known you when I did mine. Did not go that smooth for me.:doh:

Are you gonna register for the nats anytime soon?

Treburkulosis
01-24-2013, 08:14 PM

Sounds good let me know!

User
01-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Nice! Those are going to look tough on your truck! :rockwoot:Did you get them widened there in Dallas?

I didn't have it done, a buddy of mine up here has a set and I'm buying them from him.

1995dak
01-25-2013, 02:33 AM
Are you gonna register for the nats anytime soon?

Yea, I had to pay daycare this week. Next week I am going to register though.

1995dak
01-25-2013, 02:37 AM
I didn't have it done, a buddy of mine up here has a set and I'm buying them from him.

Cool, they will look sharp!

Treburkulosis
02-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Hey guys we need to hit up the arlington show and shine on Friday nights when it gets warm. No cop issues, its a legit show. Its free, come and go. Its at I-20 and Little road at the albertsons. I have been doing this show long before it moved there. Its a good show and shine. 5-9ish. Summer time it goes until 10. Its worth the drive, and if beefs need to be settled, 287 service road is safe.

bob97sst
02-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Hey guys we need to hit up the arlington show and shine on Friday nights when it gets warm. No cop issues, its a legit show. Its free, come and go. Its at I-20 and Little road at the albertsons. I have been doing this show long before it moved there. Its a good show and shine. 5-9ish. Summer time it goes until 10. Its worth the drive, and if beefs need to be settled, 287 service road is safe.

I am willing to try it out. You should PM me some more details or a new thread about this.

Trueblue R/T
02-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah it's drivable. Motor is done, just sitting until I have time to pull the tranny, and take it down and have it painted. I really wish I had my own paint booth. Would make shit a lot easier.

It's really not that bad of a list. Tranny can be knocked out in a day if nothing goes wrong lol, same with the clatracs, hardest part with those is getting the damn metal bushing in the leaf.

Paint might take some time, all the body work is pretty much done, I finished that myself. Just needs to be to sprayed. Finding a decent shop is the problem. Thought you were bringing it up here so Jason could paint it??

grapejuice1998
02-01-2013, 07:35 PM

I'm pissed that Robert is selling them and didn't even offer them to me! :fml:

User
02-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Thought you were bringing it up here so Jason could paint it??

Don't have anyone to tow me up that way now, all that was pushed to the side when I was getting the house. Had to drop way more then I expected... fuckers.

I'm going to hit up a few tomorrow about 5-10 miles from my house and get some quotes, going to drive the truck up to them so they can look it over. It's stripped down and ready for paint already and I got the materials for the paint. So hopefully they can knock it out quick.

I'm pissed that Robert is selling them and didn't even offer them to me! :fml:

I need the traction! Look at your sig pic, looks like you already got some nice traction.