PDA

View Full Version : Truck turns over but doesn't start after flash

HARSH-R/T
08-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Well, there is a guy trying to help figure out a good tune for my auto to manual swap, so I bought an SCT handheld from him and he's been giving me great support. So when I got the handheld last week I followed the instructions and I successfully flashed my previously automatic PCM (The PCM that came with the truck). At first, it ran a little rough at idle, not too bad since it was a mostly stock tune to get me a baseline. Revved up ok and what not and the instrument cluster was beautiful with NO CEL's s and everything worked so I'm thinking...ok kick ass! So I took it up the road to see what it would do, under light to moderate throttle it was bucking really bad and it was certainly way too lean, so I said I better turn around get back home..... Then, almost 1/4 from my house it died after I turned around. It will only turn over, nothing else.... I have tried swapping PCM's out with the one I had flashed from B&G, and it still only turns over. I also tried flashing the PCM back to stock....the SCT keeps saying "NO_AUTODETECT" and will not flash. Now the instrument cluster doesn't show anything, none of the guages work, it flashes check guages, then NO BUS pops up.....

Needless to say, I'm very dissappointed. Does anyone have any input they can provide me? (This is also posted on Dakota-Durango forums)

grapejuice1998
08-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Well, there is a guy trying to help figure out a good tune for my auto to manual swap, so I bought an SCT handheld from him and he's been giving me great support. So when I got the handheld last week I followed the instructions and I successfully flashed my previously automatic PCM (The PCM that came with the truck). At first, it ran a little rough at idle, not too bad since it was a mostly stock tune to get me a baseline. Revved up ok and what not and the instrument cluster was beautiful with NO CEL's s and everything worked so I'm thinking...ok kick ass! So I took it up the road to see what it would do, under light to moderate throttle it was bucking really bad and it was certainly way too lean, so I said I better turn around get back home..... Then, almost 1/4 from my house it died after I turned around. It will only turn over, nothing else.... I have tried swapping PCM's out with the one I had flashed from B&G, and it still only turns over. I also tried flashing the PCM back to stock....the SCT keeps saying "NO_AUTODETECT" and will not flash. Now the instrument cluster doesn't show anything, none of the guages work, it flashes check guages, then NO BUS pops up.....

Needless to say, I'm very dissappointed. Does anyone have any input they can provide me? (This is also posted on Dakota-Durango forums)

Call SCT!

WicKed R/T
08-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Sounds like a fried pcm

hemifever
08-05-2012, 08:11 PM
If you swapped out with a B&G pcm that previously worked and it still won't crank up, I wouldn't think it's the pcm. Is there a neutral safety trigger that's come undone? Fuse/Relay maybe?

HARSH-R/T
08-06-2012, 10:36 AM
I agree Sean since I have swapped out PCM's and both have the same result. I have checked the P/N Safety switch to make sure that hasn't come out of the connector and that's good. Fuses and relays are good/changed out also.

The guy who has been working with me on the flash is going to contact SCT to get a recovery file and we are hoping for the best.

99dart
08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
A recovery file fixed mine when it said "no auto detect". Worked great the second time. (Thanks, Sean!)

wyotech_cuda440
08-06-2012, 07:41 PM
I agree Sean since I have swapped out PCM's and both have the same result. I have checked the P/N Safety switch to make sure that hasn't come out of the connector and that's good. Fuses and relays are good/changed out also.

The guy who has been working with me on the flash is going to contact SCT to get a recovery file and we are hoping for the best.

Have you checked out the CPS? Is it the right CPS for the manual trans?

jmaack727
08-06-2012, 09:48 PM
He had been driving it before.

HARSH-R/T
08-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Good news, SCT came through and the recovery file worked, truck is running again! Thanks for the inout everyone! Not sure what happened but I'll be trying to throw a few more tunes at it and see what happens.