PDA

View Full Version : how to install radio

RED_ROCKET
07-07-2008, 02:24 AM
ok i got a radio, and i bought the harness, i connected every , ecept the mute, power att, and light,

i get lights, but no sound what aim i doing wrong

emwhiteR/T
07-07-2008, 02:29 AM
Built in amp on the deck turned off?

If your truck has the infinity stereo systems then there needs to be a "turn on" wire going to that amp to turn it on. I am not sure if the harness has a wire for that or not.

My truck has the infinity but the previous owner already had an aftermarket deck in there so, I had no problems with a new deck.

Nolan
07-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Use the power antena line for the amp turn on.

Nolan

KicknAsphlt
07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Make sure you have all the colors matched up properly between the deck harness and adapter harness, and make sure your connections are good.

emwhiteR/T
07-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Use the power antena line for the amp turn on.

Nolan

I am not sure about Dodge's but won't that only turn the amp on if the radio mode is turned on?

grapejuice1998
07-07-2008, 09:02 PM
I am not sure about Dodge's but won't that only turn the amp on if the radio mode is turned on?

I put a Pioneer Super Tuner III in my R/T and it fired right up without even using the blue wire. <shrug> go figure. It was a Crutchfield install kit though.

emwhiteR/T
07-08-2008, 12:26 AM
I put a Pioneer Super Tuner III in my R/T and it fired right up without even using the blue wire. <shrug> go figure. It was a Crutchfield install kit though.

My truck had an aftermarket deck, so I never messed with the wire kit when I installed my deck.

I know with other vehicles that the antenna up wire would only turn on the amp when it was in radio mode but turn it off when it went to CD mode. I only have a hand full of vehicles that I have messed with under my belt, so I dunno.

All else fails, :rtfm:!!! lol...I have always wanted to use that!

stock4now642000
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
i used the pwr antenna on mine and it works like a well oiled machine

geo2slow4u
07-13-2008, 09:46 AM
ok i got a radio, and i bought the harness, i connected every , ecept the mute, power att, and light,

i get lights, but no sound what aim i doing wrong

You probably have the infinity system. Hook up the blue or blue and white wire off the radio to the blue wire on the harnes that hooks up to the factory one.