PDA

View Full Version : ADRL this weekend, ZMax

scatpackdal
08-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Anyone in the CLT area headed to Zmax this weekend for the ADRL Dragstock? First time at ZMax since it used to be at Rockingham. I believe I'm going Friday for qualifying. Tickets aren't free anymore but they are still inexpensive compared to other series. Pretty good entertainment.

racerwill18
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM
while your there, if you go down the 85 about 3 miles or so on WT Harris is SPEED Channel. I've heard they give tours of the studio's. Just passing it along.

huskerrt79
08-02-2012, 08:22 PM
I want to go.. just depends on when the challenger gets done.

scatpackdal
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Well saw one whole round of qualifying and about a half of the 2nd round as they were running almost an hour behind schedule. Hot and humid today with lots of folks not getting down the track but at the same time several ADRL records were set. If anyone remembers the orange '71 Duster, it is now turbocharged and posted the quickest and fastest pass for a turbo car in ADRL history, 3.90x @ 210. Several other MPH records set in various nitrous classes. Assuming they didn't get rained on I would expect more records with Pro Xtreme cars going sub 3.75. Should also note, they have a ton of cars this weekend. Most fields are 16 cars now and they easily have 3+ cars trying to make it into the event for each class, almost 30 Pro Nitrous cars.

Highlights for today:
Tire shake so bad in a Top Sportsman Camaro it busted the back window.
Brand new 2013 Cobra Jet in its first event oiled down the track. Uhh oops and quite frankly embarrassing.

huskerrt79
08-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Well saw one whole round of qualifying and about a half of the 2nd round as they were running almost an hour behind schedule. Hot and humid today with lots of folks not getting down the track but at the same time several ADRL records were set. If anyone remembers the orange '71 Duster, it is now turbocharged and posted the quickest and fastest pass for a turbo car in ADRL history, 3.90x @ 210. Several other MPH records set in various nitrous classes. Assuming they didn't get rained on I would expect more records with Pro Xtreme cars going sub 3.75. Should also note, they have a ton of cars this weekend. Most fields are 16 cars now and they easily have 3+ cars trying to make it into the event for each class, almost 30 Pro Nitrous cars.

Highlights for today:
Tire shake so bad in a Top Sportsman Camaro it busted the back window.
Brand new 2013 Cobra Jet in its first event oiled down the track. Uhh oops and quite frankly embarrassing.

Thats bad ass:biggthumpup: