PDA

View Full Version : wideband question

Cheezie
07-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Hey guys, I just got an AEM a/f gauge.
Was wondering how its going to get accurate readings since the sensor will only be in one side of the exhaust?
So if its getting readings from bank one and Sean adjusts ratios to compensate for it running rich, he could in effect be unknowingly leaning out bank two with no way for me to know.
:idunno:
Any thoughts or knowledge?
Should I weld a bung way back into my x-pipe to get readings from both sides?

FlyinRyan
07-26-2012, 12:43 AM
I ran an AEM wideband in a Y-pipe at one point. The JTEC fueling in SCT is not bank specific so unless you have an exhaust leak, a bad injector, etc to throw off fueling, you'll be fine. If you really want to be sure, you could always weld a bung into each bank, and occasionally swap sides.

Cheezie
07-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about doing the swapping. Just don't wanna end up doing anything to compromise the motor at the moment, so dont wanna end up trying to adjust fuel mixtures and run it to lean and screw something up.
I may be headed down your way in a couple months man, might drop by and let you see what ya think
:drive: expertise is always appreciated.

Adobedude
07-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Hey guys, I just got an AEM a/f gauge.
Was wondering how its going to get accurate readings since the sensor will only be in one side of the exhaust?
So if its getting readings from bank one and Sean adjusts ratios to compensate for it running rich, he could in effect be unknowingly leaning out bank two with no way for me to know.
:idunno:
Any thoughts or knowledge?
Should I weld a bung way back into my x-pipe to get readings from both sides?

Read the plugs...Only way to really know. There's a really good thread on it somewhere here.

Cheezie
07-26-2012, 04:43 AM
Read the plugs...Only way to really know. There's a really good thread on it somewhere here.

Hmmm.... might have to search around and find it. Remember any keywords to help me pull it up?

wyotech_cuda440
07-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Hmmm.... might have to search around and find it. Remember any keywords to help me pull it up?

http://www.dakotart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21383&highlight=reading

Cheezie
07-26-2012, 06:20 AM
@wyotech- you sir, are awesome. :rockwoot: It won't let me search for stuff on my tablet. Keeps closing the search bar out everytime the keyboard pops up. :idunno:

wyotech_cuda440
07-26-2012, 06:27 AM
@wyotech- you sir, are awesome. :rockwoot: It won't let me search for stuff on my tablet. Keeps closing the search bar out everytime the keyboard pops up. :idunno:

My Iphone does that shit, too. Click on search, hit one letter, and it dissappears. I have to hit search, then one letter, then search, one letter, etc till I have the search word down. It sucks.