PDA

View Full Version : Need help selecting an exhaust system

Bklynblaze
07-03-2008, 01:22 PM
What's up guys? Love the site. I've picked up some good information reading through your threads. I am new to R/T's and can use your help. I just purchased a 1998 Flame Red Dodge Dakota R/T and I want to eventually within the next few months get a dual exhaust system for it. I'm looking for a system that has a nice tone to it but not to obnoxious that it wakes the neighbors. The muffler right now has a decent sound to it (stock I think) but I just want something that's alittle more powerful. Thanks for your help guys! :)

Btw, I love my 98 R/T and look forward to getting many years out of it. I now know what the big rave is about this truck!

KicknAsphlt
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Spintech and Magnaflow are about the only ones that I know of that make a dual exhaust for our trucks, and Spintech is the better of the two....that's if Magnaflow even makes theirs anymore(I don't think it was a true dual anyway). The Spintech Mufflers, however, will probably piss off your neighbors. So you can either get your muffler of choice and fab your own exhaust, or get the Spintech setup and buy different mufflers for it....then sell the Spintech mufflers to help recuperate some cost. Magnaflows have a pretty good tone to them, and the Hooker Aerochambers sound great as well. Not too loud until you romp on it.

Bklynblaze
07-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks...I guess I'll avoid the Spintechs then. I was looking at the Magnaflow Dual Exhaust for the 98 RT 5.9L at their site. Does anyone happen to have this exhaust system and if so what are your thoughts? To loud, to low? Thanks again.

SB440R/T
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I think you would actually like the spintech system, I think you can buy it without mufflers. I think Rick on here sells the system. I just had my mufflers switched out for the magnaflows on the spintech system and I love it.

Bklynblaze
07-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Hmm...Is there anyway to contact Rick? I would love to talk to him and see if we can find something I would like.

SB440R/T
07-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Hmm, I am not sure if he post on here. I think he is on Delphi but I don't remember. Let me see what I can dig up.

Bklynblaze
07-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks ADakotaRTGuy, I appreciate that!

WeezyRT
07-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Rick's site.

http://www.truedualexhaust.com/

Five9Dak
07-03-2008, 04:02 PM
If I'm not mistaken the magnaflow system is a cat back, and these trucks came with single cats, so if you went that route, it would not be a "true dual" system. Spintech or a similar fabricated exhaust are you best best for true duals. If you can procure the spintech over the frame pipes, the rest any shop can fabricate. I fabricated mine myself after just buying the spintech over the frame pipes and tips.

uwntsumrtII
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
as mentioned, Spintech. they have a complete system (headers and all). Dynomax Ultra-Flow's sound the best to me. i would have put one back on my truck but they didn't have what i wanted at the time.

BryanRT360
I had my exhaust guy do the whole system. he only charged me 280$$ for True 3" duals from the collectors back. Of course I supplied the mufflers, x-pipe, cats, and 02 extensions:jester: so all said and done it was 700$

Bklynblaze
Thanks alot Weezy. I appreciate all of your help guys!

Hugh Jassole
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I think you would actually like the spintech system, I think you can buy it without mufflers. I think Rick on here sells the system. I just had my mufflers switched out for the magnaflows on the spintech system and I love it.

How did that work out for you ? How's the dog ?

SB440R/T
07-03-2008, 04:32 PM
How did that work out for you ? How's the dog ?

I love the mags. He is doing great. Somehow he learned how to go down steps so that is no good. But he is fat and happy with a new friend.

Hugh Jassole
07-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I love the mags. He is doing great. Somehow he learned how to go down steps so that is no good. But he is fat and happy with a new friend.

had no problem getting the new one to blend in ? I'm about to get another basset too.

SB440R/T
07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
A couple days of them barking at eat other. The new dog is just a greedy hound, haha. They play fight all the time though then they just relax. They lay on each other every now and then. Its cute.

Hugh Jassole
07-03-2008, 05:48 PM
A couple days of them barking at eat other. The new dog is just a greedy hound, haha. They play fight all the time though then they just relax. They lay on each other every now and then. Its cute.

way cool, I love the way the basset lays, funny as hell. did you get him fixed ?

SB440R/T
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Yup he is fixed already. Here are a couple more of the happy dogs.

Hugh Jassole
07-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Yup he is fixed already. Here are a couple more of the happy dogs.

Way cool, I'm glad you took him. That gives me a chance to rescue the one that I'm getting now. It worked out good for everyone.

SB440R/T
07-03-2008, 05:58 PM
True!

slvr03dakrt
07-04-2008, 01:03 AM
That has to be the worst threadjack I've seen in awhile:sign_hijack:

TurboBlew
07-04-2008, 01:38 AM
What's up guys? Love the site. I've picked up some good information reading through your threads. I am new to R/T's and can use your help. I just purchased a 1998 Flame Red Dodge Dakota R/T and I want to eventually within the next few months get a dual exhaust system for it. I'm looking for a system that has a nice tone to it but not to obnoxious that it wakes the neighbors. The muffler right now has a decent sound to it (stock I think) but I just want something that's alittle more powerful. Thanks for your help guys! :)

Btw, I love my 98 R/T and look forward to getting many years out of it. I now know what the big rave is about this truck!

Im about to remove a full stainless Borla exhaust from my truck. Stainless headers with 3/4" flanges, Ypipe, muffler, tubing, & slash cut tip. Its a 3" single system. Very good condition. If you're interested in a nice exhaust.

01dakotaR/T
07-04-2008, 02:43 AM
That has to be the worst threadjack I've seen in awhile:sign_hijack:

:jester::jester:

Mopar318
07-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Im about to remove a full stainless Borla exhaust from my truck. Stainless headers with 3/4" flanges, Ypipe, muffler, tubing, & slash cut tip. Its a 3" single system. Very good condition. If you're interested in a nice exhaust.

3/4" flanges? I think your confusing NASA headers with your borlas.:jester:

TurboBlew
07-04-2008, 03:48 AM
3/4" flanges? I think your confusing NASA headers with your borlas.:jester:

lol... ok.. maybe 5/8ths! :D They be thick!