PDA

View Full Version : This sucks!!!!

Twisted R/T
01-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I truely enjoy driving this truck, but like many of you I store my truck during winter months, and drive it very seldom in during prime driving season. Here is the break down... I drive it from mid April to mid November (7 months), I only drive it about 8 times per month ( a little more the Nats week) so about 56 times a year, most of which is under 20 miles at a time, so lets say I drive it 1120 miles per year. I'm 40, I got maybe 30 years of good driving ahead of me, so... 33,600 miles more. The truck has 64K on the clock right now. When I'm 70 my truck will have less than 100k on the clock, and one of my punk ass grand kids(don't have any yet) will end up fucking it up.
That said, I still can't bring myself to drive it in the salt, so I have come to a realization; I need to move to a warmer climate, or at least drive it more in the good months.
:finger: the grand kids, let them get thier own vehicle.
end rant

BTLFED R/T
01-30-2008, 06:51 PM
LOL I felt your pain!

MoparDrvn
01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
LOL I was expecting something totally different at the end of that post...

Twisted R/T
01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
LOL I was expecting something totally different at the end of that post...

I'm unpredictable, a loose cannon, and my mind wanders alot. Hell I'm gettin possessive of my truck, towards grand kids I don't have.:jester:

00RedRT
01-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Well funny thing is I drove my truck as a daily driver for 3 years and had zero problems with it. Got a daily driver so I could do more extensive mods to the truck and it became quite the garage queen for the last couple years. Well driving so much less frequently has caused a multitude of problems of which are resolved now. But I'm telling you that I drive this thing virtually every other day now to keep the seals fresh, the bushings from flattening out, etc.. and it just runs a lot better now. Letting them sit for any long period of time just seems to ruin them, so no more!:worky:

krusty_R/T
01-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Well, can you atleast go and start your truck? I can't, mines 600 miles away! LOL

BlueCCRT
01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah I was planning on getting mine out the other day when it was 50 some degrees but our roads were still covered in salt.

BTLFED R/T
01-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Well funny thing is I drove my truck as a daily driver for 3 years and had zero problems with it. Got a daily driver so I could do more extensive mods to the truck and it became quite the garage queen for the last couple years. Well driving so much less frequently has caused a multitude of problems of which are resolved now. But I'm telling you that I drive this thing virtually every other day now to keep the seals fresh, the bushings from flattening out, etc.. and it just runs a lot better now. Letting them sit for any long period of time just seems to ruin them, so no more!:worky:

I gotta agree there! Tranny went south, front and rear seals leaked, tranny pan leaked, rear end leaked, and I lost interest! All this new found excitement brings back memories! :sucks:

MoparDrvn
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM

never thought about that guess i need to drive mine more!:drive:

Five9Dak
01-30-2008, 10:42 PM
My fresh paintjob is covered in salt. I have hideous 16x7 wheels with snow tires mounted up, but I don't care, she still gets whipped as the daily and begs for more. These trucks definitely need to be driven. Mine has over 100k and is still going strong.

Jontoad
01-30-2008, 11:05 PM

i parked mine for 2 weeks and squirrells tried to eat all the wires. it wouldn't start and when i opened the engine all i saw was a bush. i had to rewire all my injectors, get a new optima red top, new spark plug wires, new throttle cable, new ground wire. gay. they got me back for cutting down their tree.

dak0ta_g33k
01-30-2008, 11:56 PM
mine sat on jackstands for 15 months while deployed. came out of hibernation fairly okay... just had to clean the IAC & wrap some cracked hoses on the evap canister. stock battery is still strong, but somehow my sub amp died. i had waxed it before storage, and after dusting it off, it looked like a new truck. thankfully no pest infestations aside from cobwebs

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/allannabas/ptruck/Picture8.jpg

Jontoad
01-31-2008, 12:10 AM
mine sat on jackstands for 15 months while deployed. came out of hibernation fairly okay... just had to clean the IAC & wrap some cracked hoses on the evap canister. stock battery is still strong, but somehow my sub amp died. i had waxed it before storage, and after dusting it off, it looked like a new truck. thankfully no pest infestations aside from cobwebs

i killed an amp last year by switching the left and right rca cables while the amp power was on because i noticed sound was comming out the wrong sides when i was playin halo. dumb move, doh! i got another of the same amp tho.

LITNGETR
01-31-2008, 01:00 AM
One picture is worth 1000 words.

dakotabluert98
01-31-2008, 01:31 AM
I truely enjoy driving this truck, but like many of you I store my truck during winter months, and drive it very seldom in during prime driving season. Here is the break down... I drive it from mid April to mid November (7 months), I only drive it about 8 times per month ( a little more the Nats week) so about 56 times a year, most of which is under 20 miles at a time, so lets say I drive it 1120 miles per year. I'm 40, I got maybe 30 years of good driving ahead of me, so... 33,600 miles more. The truck has 64K on the clock right now. When I'm 70 my truck will have less than 100k on the clock, and one of my punk ass grand kids(don't have any yet) will end up fucking it up.
That said, I still can't bring myself to drive it in the salt, so I have come to a realization; I need to move to a warmer climate, or at least drive it more in the good months.
end rant

iknow how you feel. i only put 800 miles on mine last year. my job has me on the highways alot and i always lose it if i hear a rock hit anywhere on it. 2 summers ago i hit a full 2 liter bottle of coke bouncing on the highway from some jagoff and know im paranoid,f'd up my whole front end so i dont drive it to work anymore. since i bought it i have only averaged about 2000 miles a year.

Jontoad
01-31-2008, 01:56 AM
how did it snow in your storage container. lol.

QwikKota
01-31-2008, 02:27 AM
end rant

Why do you think we put up with this oppressive heat?? I can drive mine every month of the year. The winter just makes it faster!:drive:

BlackDak59
01-31-2008, 03:08 AM
Why do you think we put up with this oppressive heat?? I can drive mine every month of the year. The winter just makes it faster!:drive:
Right you are good sir, Amen!:rockwoot:

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 03:14 AM
One picture is worth 1000 words.

Hibernation? :jester:

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 03:16 AM

.:jester:.

dak0ta_g33k
01-31-2008, 03:57 AM

the whitestuff in this pic..? it's just bedsheets... but it does snow here in Sierra Vista--not enough to need salt on the street though.

this is how the dak rested for 15 months... it was getting dark so i tucked her in for a long sleep.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/allannabas/ptruck/a434ce17.jpg

no pics of the layer of dust and cobwebs 15 months later... forgot to bring the camera

RTgrouchman
01-31-2008, 04:06 AM
Yeah, winter sucks!! Though I try to drive mine whenever I can.......if it sits more than a week, I atleast go out and start 'er up and let it run for awhile! We'll have salt and gravel on the roads well into Spring......bastards never clean it up! The bottom of my truck, and the rear fender flares are looking pretty bad......like they're sand blasted! Though it was like that in '04 when I bought it....other than that, not too bad for a 7 year old vehicle!

dak0ta_g33k
01-31-2008, 04:25 AM
four years ago i drove mine all the time in the snow when living in upstate NY. loved doing snow donuts but hated sliding into ditches and getting stuck in slushy parking lots

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/allannabas/ptruck/10e7529c.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/allannabas/ptruck/c4e6bc3c.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/allannabas/ptruck/66184bc6.jpg

Twisted R/T
01-31-2008, 11:25 AM

Believe me, if I had a choice I'd be somewhere that snow don't grow.

dak0ta_g33k
01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
which is why i chose AZ as my duty station. only catch is that i got to see more of Iraq and Kuwait first. hence the previous posts about the truck in storage. by the way, that is the only time it has sat indoors so far during my ownership

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 02:31 PM

HEHE Whose choice is it?

6-10" of snow tonight! For us anyway.

Hugh Jassole
01-31-2008, 05:06 PM
HEHE Whose choice is it?

Imagine how your life could be with another 6-10". You wouldn't need blocks on the pedals, to drive, anymore. :jester:

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Imagine how your life could be with another 6-10". You wouldn't need blocks on the pedals, to drive, anymore. :jester:

:finger:

Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!

chiller2484
01-31-2008, 05:20 PM

so does that mean another 125 posts tomorrow?:jester: i think you are averaging about 35 posts a day! :troll:

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
so does that mean another 125 posts tomorrow?:jester: i think you are averaging about 35 posts a day! :troll:

:finger:for counting! :jester:

I can't work! :(

GoFastGray
01-31-2008, 06:22 PM

I'd suggest coming to cali so you can drive 365 days out of the year. (although I drive two and walk to work :rockwoot: )

The only problem is, your truck might not ever see another DRTC meet :eek: :jester:

(J/K drtc reps :hail: :jester: )

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
I'd suggest coming to cali so you can drive 365 days out of the year. (although I drive two and walk to work :rockwoot: )

The only problem is, your truck might not ever see another DRTC meet :eek: :jester:

(J/K drtc reps :hail: :jester: )

:jester: Get started on a proposal now! It's the west coast's turn next year, and I'd really love to go to another one out that way, git r dun! :rockwoot:

GoFastGray
01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
:jester: Get started on a proposal now! It's the west coast's turn next year, and I'd really love to go to another one out that way, git r dun! :rockwoot:

I would have had one this year, but SIR never got 2008 prices for 40+ vehicles :finger: :jester:
I'll work on getting it done by end of this nats fo' sho! :bling:

BTLFED R/T
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
I would have had one this year, but SIR never got 2008 prices for 40+ vehicles :finger: :jester:
I'll work on getting it done by end of this nats fo' sho! :bling:

That's what we're hoping for actually. We would like to start announcing the next year at the end of the current year's meet. We don't just decide where it's going to be, it's all based on what proposals we get. At least now, we have a set rotation of W/C/E. So, anyone on the west coast that wants a meet close to home, the ball is in your courts! :D

GoFastGray
01-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Sweet! http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/images/smilies/more/basketball.gif