PDA

View Full Version : megasquirt info for newbs

skunkxracing
06-22-2012, 12:56 AM
For those interested. http://www.diyautotune.com/faq/megasquirt_efi_ecu_options.htm

Gives a bit of guidance on appropriate systems

Adobedude
06-22-2012, 02:34 AM
For those interested. http://www.diyautotune.com/faq/megasquirt_efi_ecu_options.htm

Gives a bit of guidance on appropriate systems

I've read that....Thats when I decided to go carbed. Then the FAST XFI entered my life. Still sitting in boxes but it's calling me like a crack pipe...

Dave

Dave

Dave

skunkxracing
06-22-2012, 02:37 AM
I've read that....Thats when I decided to go carbed. Then the FAST XFI entered my life. Still sitting in boxes but it's calling me like a crack pipe...

Dave

Dave

Dave

I'm curious, what made you go with the xfi over megasquirt or anything else?

Adobedude
06-22-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm curious, what made you go with the xfi over megasquirt or anything else?

Money...

FAST XFI, all the harnesses and dual sync distirbutor for 1300.00

And....The best tuner here doesn't tune with it.

EDIT: IF I can get the SCT tuned JTEC PCM to make me happy I'm seling the FAST. Not looking for fastest, just consistant WOT. And I'm there now, just need it to idle better.

grapejuice1998
06-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Money...

FAST XFI, all the harnesses and dual sync distirbutor for 1300.00

And....The best tuner here doesn't tune with it.

EDIT: IF I can get the SCT tuned JTEC PCM to make me happy I'm seling the FAST. Not looking for fastest, just consistant WOT. And I'm there now, just need it to idle better.

Short of your idle problem, your truck seems to be kicking some ass as far as consistency goes.

Adobedude
06-22-2012, 03:05 AM
Short of your idle problem, your truck seems to be kicking some ass as far as consistency goes.

No shit....

I have a secret weapon I'm putting on. A MSD two step with a momentary switch on the brake pedal. Now I can launch at the same RPM everytime without thinking about it, hard to hold it a 2400. I like to let the other guy stage, then I jump into the beam on the converter. You can see it on the shitty video I posted....Kills the other guys concentration to see me jump.

Chris wants some more info to help the idle...But I'm opening the TB blades a little too.

User
06-22-2012, 03:06 AM
No shit....

I have a secret weapon I'm putting on. A MSD two step with a momentary switch on the brake pedal. Now I can launch at the same RPM everytime without thinking about it, hard to hold it a 2400. I like to let the other guy stage, then I jump into the beam on the converter. You can see it on the shitty video I posted....Kills the other guys concentration to see me jump.

Chris wants some more info to help the idle...But I'm opening the TB blades a little too.

Cheater!

Adobedude
06-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Cheater!

Hardly...It's legit in the class I run. All the stock class racers do it.

User
06-22-2012, 03:11 AM
Hardly...It's legit in the class I run. All the stock class racers do it.

If I was next to you I would throw a banana at you!

Adobedude
06-22-2012, 03:15 AM
If I was next to you I would throw a banana at you!

Is that racist....?

I'm reporting you to MSNBC.

User
06-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Is that racist....?

I'm reporting you to MSNBC.

lol... unless you are black I don't see how that would be racist. You obviously never played mario kart! What a noooob!

wyotech_cuda440
06-22-2012, 03:25 AM
lol... unless you are black I don't see how that would be racist. You obviously never played mario kart! What a noooob!

Dude he's like 85, he never played the Nintendo, that's for his grand kids (ok, no kids, maybe his brother/sisters grand kids?) :jester:

Btw, I would use the purple spikey shell on his ass :finger:

User
06-22-2012, 03:27 AM
Dude he's like 85, he never played the Nintendo, that's for his grand kids (ok, no kids, maybe his brother/sisters grand kids?) :jester:

HAHAHAHAHA, everytime someone makes a post on Daves age, it goes from 50, 60, 70, 75, 80, now 85.....!!!! LOL!

He ages like 5 years every week.

Adobedude
06-22-2012, 03:31 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, everytime someone makes a post on Daves age, it goes from 50, 60, 70, 75, 80, now 85.....!!!! LOL!

I played Pong once.

User
06-22-2012, 03:33 AM
I played Pong once.

beer pong?

BLKDAK
06-22-2012, 04:23 AM
:nana:You can catch more RTM owners with a taco than a banana.

White Turbo
06-22-2012, 06:10 AM
85 !!!

:laughing:

Dave's aging in dog years.

Five9Dak
06-22-2012, 11:59 AM
He's going to shatter his hips when he sprays it.

Adobedude
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
beer pong?

The pong video game...I think it was the very first video game ever made.

FYI: I was born before color TV too.

:rockwoot:

krs1r/t
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
:nana:You can catch more RTM owners with a taco than a banana.

you better try something!!! rtm ftw! beer would probably work the best!!!

grapejuice1998
06-22-2012, 04:38 PM
No shit....

Kills your consistency a little bit, if you dont stage in the same spot each time. I light the first one. Let my opponent liht theirs, then I bump the second light in and get ready for the tree.

White Turbo
06-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Kills your consistency a little bit, if you dont stage in the same spot each time. I light the first one. Let my opponent liht theirs, then I bump the second light in and get ready for the tree.

Same here.
I'm always first in.
I don't look at my opponent after I check their dial-in in the staging lanes.
Could care less what they're doing, doesn't bother me.

It's all about the tree, once I'm staged.

Adobedude
06-22-2012, 09:43 PM

I do stage in the same spot every time...I bump in on the converter, done it a couple years now....Drag racing is not a standing start race.

If your bracket racing a slower car by 6 seconds or more, you better watch the other guy, hard to stay on the converter for 6 seconds. I see his green and count 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi...etc, as soon as it's close I bring it up and wait.

Funny...A few guys in the Mopar club are leaving before me now for the first time with the 408...I do love to play chase.

User
06-23-2012, 02:04 AM
The pong video game...I think it was the very first video game ever made.

FYI: I was born before color TV too.

:rockwoot:

Yeah I know what pong is, was just going out on a LIMB thinking you might have invented beer pong.

Yeah i had an Artari and played that game, along with cowboy and some other shit.

You have been around before A LOT of stuff. :jester:

Cellphones, microwaves, rocks....

Adobedude
06-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Yeah I know what pong is, was just going out on a LIMB thinking you might have invented beer pong.

Yeah i had an Artari and played that game, along with cowboy and some other shit.

You have been around before A LOT of stuff. :jester:

Has been pretty cool to see everything come about and where we are.

I saw it all:
Microwaves
Cell phones
The wheel.
Color TV
Led Zepplin
Computers
Civil Rights. :nono:
Seat belts.
Japanese car invasion.

I went through the suspension wars on Motocross bikes in the 70's, went through it again on Mountain bikes in the 80's - 90's...I suspect they are still fucking with it.

User
06-23-2012, 02:27 AM
Has been pretty cool to see everything come about and where we are.

I saw it all:
Microwaves
Cell phones
The wheel.
Color TV
Led Zepplin
Computers
Civil Rights. :nono:
Seat belts.
Japanese car invasion.

I went through the suspension wars on Motocross bikes in the 70's, went through it again on Mountain bikes in the 80's - 90's...I suspect they are still fucking with it.

Ahh, I love Led Zepplin. I wish I could of been around when computers came out, I grew up using DOS on my dads computer, and new simple commands, but in 90+ we are had home PCs. Floppy disks, and DOS. I miss those days.

Yeah I'm going on 26 and already feel like I have seen a lot of shit come and go. I feel old...

Adobedude
06-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Ahh, I love Led Zepplin. I wish I could of been around when computers came out, I grew up using DOS on my dads computer, and new simple commands, but in 90+ we are had home PCs. Floppy disks, and DOS. I miss those days.

Yeah I'm going on 26 and already feel like I have seen a lot of shit come and go. I feel old...

Nothing like being stoned on your ass and having some guy say hey man...Check this out man...It's Led Zepplin man...Never heard of em but I think it's pretty heavy....Pop it in your deck man (8 track).

I minute later....Holy fucking shit!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

User
06-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Nothing like being stoned on your ass and having some guy say hey man...Check this out man...It's Led Zepplin man...Never heard of em but I think it's pretty heavy....Pop it in your deck man (8 track).

I minute later....Holy fucking shit!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

You always have me rolling, with your comments. Shit's funny, but anyone that smokes or use to smokes can relate. Even today someone gets stoned they ALWAYS say man or dude like 15 million times!

Anyways, yeah they rock! Gonna listen to some when I get home now.

Sick 660r
06-23-2012, 04:35 AM
yeah i know what pong is, was just going out on a limb thinking you might have invented beer pong.

Yeah i had an artari and played that game, along with cowboy and some other shit.

You have been around before a lot of stuff. :jester:

lmfao!!!

Hugh Jassole
06-25-2012, 08:16 PM
both you dorks spelled it wrong, it's ZeppElin

Adobedude
06-25-2012, 10:50 PM
both you dorks spelled it wrong, it's ZeppElin

Those guys are good too....

Five9Dak
06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3t9GfAEb8

Sick 660r
06-27-2012, 05:24 PM
check out the turbo angle.

Filthy Filbert
06-28-2012, 04:54 PM

85 !!!

:laughing:

Dave's aging in dog years.

He's going to shatter his hips when he sprays it.

Guys, It's Einsteins theory of relativity! don't you remember that class? The closer to the speed of light you get, the faster time moves. Dave is going so fast now, he's aging quicker than the rest of us.

grapejuice1998
06-28-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3t9GfAEb8

I like how the dog hauls ass when he hears the fuel pump start running. He knows what's next.