PDA

View Full Version : Platinum's 1st night out, this year

Hugh Jassole
06-30-2008, 03:55 PM
:rockwoot:
On platinum's 1st weekend out this year it took 1st place in "Special Interest Vehicles / Trucks 1988 and up" at the big local cruise night. This was a fan voting thing and I was up against SRTs, Chargers, a Viper, new and fox bodied Mustangs, and ricers. Kind cool, considering the viper was sweet and there were 1/s dozen different SRT types there. Is it just me or, are even the nicest new breed Mustangs just plain ole' boring. The was one SN95 Cobra ther that was all done up in stain/flat paint that I particularly liked, but the the whole they were all just boring. Still though that's 4 for 4 1st place finishes, in the last 4 shows going back to last year. I've got another new front end treatment in the works too, we'll see if that bares fruit too. Time will tell.

1FASTASSR/T
06-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Good job bro:rockwoot:
Did you get to run her out at least one time on the way home to make her feel better???

Hugh Jassole
06-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Good job bro:rockwoot:
Did you get to run her out at least one time on the way home to make her feel better???

wassup my bald brotha ! No, but i did race a new mustang GT on the way to work friday. Let's just say it wasn't pretty for the Mustang. 1500 miles on the new engine and it feels like it's starting to loosen up a bit. I'm really impressed on how this 1/2 assed build came together. Now if I could just get the thing tuned :rockwoot:

Jimbarrt
06-30-2008, 06:33 PM
4 for 4? What did you do, pay for fan votes, or stuff the ballot box yourself. lol

Seriously, congrats man, must be nice to be back on the road again. You takin it to nats?

Hugh Jassole
06-30-2008, 06:50 PM
4 for 4? What did you do, pay for fan votes, or stuff the ballot box yourself. lol

Seriously, congrats man, must be nice to be back on the road again. You takin it to nats?

No nats for me, no $$$$. Yes, it is nice to see it on it's wheels and running on it's own power again. I still give you props for the chin spoiler idea :hail::rockwoot:

BryanRT360
07-01-2008, 02:41 AM
:gayflag::finger: One of these days I'll come up and join ya..
I think I'm gonna put ol' blue back on the road in the next couple of weeks:rockwoot: btw Congrats on 1st, glad to see all your hard work and dedication is paying off:biggthumpup:

Hugh Jassole
07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
:gayflag::finger: One of these days I'll come up and join ya..
I think I'm gonna put ol' blue back on the road in the next couple of weeks:rockwoot: btw Congrats on 1st, glad to see all your hard work and dedication is paying off:biggthumpup:

yeah, register it and come up. we have some pretty decent turnout at these things. Lot's of nice rides. :rockwoot:

NH_TAZ
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
:rockwoot:
On platinum's 1st weekend out this year it took 1st place in "Special Interest Vehicles / Trucks 1988 and up" at the big local cruise night. This was a fan voting thing and I was up against SRTs, Chargers, a Viper, new and fox bodied Mustangs, and ricers. Kind cool, considering the viper was sweet and there were 1/s dozen different SRT types there. Is it just me or, are even the nicest new breed Mustangs just plain ole' boring. The was one SN95 Cobra ther that was all done up in stain/flat paint that I particularly liked, but the the whole they were all just boring. Still though that's 4 for 4 1st place finishes, in the last 4 shows going back to last year. I've got another new front end treatment in the works too, we'll see if that bares fruit too. Time will tell.

Congrats on the 1st place there Don. It must feel good to have the truck finished and on the road. Take it easy!

Hugh Jassole
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Congrats on the 1st place there Don. It must feel good to have the truck finished and on the road. Take it easy!

thanks, how ya been, where ya been ?