PDA

View Full Version : 400lph intank pump

perfinj
06-06-2012, 02:43 AM
For you guys out there that are building a boosted application you may want to check this out. Walbro now makes a 400 LPH intank fuel pump. We have started using them in our fuel systems and on our boosted trucks. They will support up to 750 RWHP.

Duner
06-06-2012, 02:50 AM
For you guys out there that are building a boosted application you may want to check this out. Walbro now makes a 400 LPH intank fuel pump. We have started using them in our fuel systems and on our boosted trucks. They will support up to 750 RWHP.

Way cool.

Have you done anything special to keep from running the basket dry by sending more fuel than can feed into it?

perfinj
06-06-2012, 03:16 AM
The pump is in the fuel pump assy but don't forget the sock is at the bottom of the assy. So the bucket has nothing to do with the fuel delivery. The fuel is pulled through the sock.

dakrt23
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
At what HP point do you need to upgrade to a return style system? And at what point do the rails need to be upgraded?

perfinj
06-07-2012, 02:39 AM
I am not gong to say there is a certain power number because I will have someone comment that they had a truck work at the power level but typically 425-450 whp is the cutoff. Fuel systems can be causing problems and someone not even know. So it is not an area to skimp on and say well later I will do it. It should be done before the big mods. Now keep in mind that N/A applications are different. In a boosted application you are trying to target an richer AFR so there is more demand on the system. Typically N/A trucks don't need to have more than a fuel pump installed and the factory system can support it. If you have some questions please call me (302) 858 - 5145.