PDA

View Full Version : Durango audio upgrade

plymouthrr1985
05-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Just got done installing new Kicker 6.5s and tweeters with crossovers in the front and 6.5s in the rear door panels of my '00 Durango R/T. I'm doing a new head unit this weekend and will be doing a amp/sub in the near future. My question is would it be better to bypass the factory infinity amp, or just take it out entirely and replace all the wiring?

yellowdak360
05-30-2012, 10:54 PM
The factory amp is 2ohms it will ruin your new speakers! so just disconnect the factory amp and hook the main speakers up to the head unit until you get the time and money to amplify everything

plymouthrr1985
05-31-2012, 10:33 AM
What's a good replacement amp for the factory that is 4ohm?

KicknAsphlt
05-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Bypass the infinity amp -- you'll get more power out of the built-in amp of the deck anyway, the infinity was designed at only about 13W/channel due to the low wattage of the factory head unit. The catch is though, you'll need a bypass harness if you take the infinity out of the loop...otherwise, your speakers won't work.

yellowdak360
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Bypass the infinity amp -- you'll get more power out of the built-in amp of the deck anyway, the infinity was designed at only about 13W/channel due to the low wattage of the factory head unit. The catch is though, you'll need a bypass harness if you take the infinity out of the loop...otherwise, your speakers won't work. I suppose thats easier than re wiring a whole durango :) Long time no see. what you got done to the supra lately? I remember when you first got it

KicknAsphlt
05-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Just got it running again a few weeks ago, but the oil pressure gauge decided to start reading zero.....so I need to troubleshoot that still...been parked since that happened. :fml