PDA

View Full Version : Chevy SS, Me and 35w

User
06-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Got off work and got a wild hair up my ass to take the back roads home cuz i decided to do some cornering down 407 to Justin, and i saw a nice Lowered Black SS Pull on the highway, went past him and i saw him coming up on my ass so i turned O.D off and Opened it up, he had a good 20 or 25 miles per hour on me and i cought right back up to him, my truck tops out at about 150 im guessing with the stock 3.92s, maybe lower due to the tires being 1 in smaller then stock so maybe 4.0s? Whatever.

Anyways, hes about 2 links behind me going about 120 and then he is on my ass.. in a heartbeat i was fucking amazed, ive raced ss's before and they shut down way before 120 and i kill them. This one was being a bitch lol.. but fun none the less. I got over and slowed down and he got in front and did the flashing lights thing.. like he won.. or something.

so he slows down and runs me again this time i try to get him below 60mph so i can open up in 2nd and rip him at the start. Got him down to 55 and dropped into 2nd and Launched it i pulled about 1 or 1.5 truck on him and he never cought back up, we both topped the trucks out it was amazing we where going the exact same speed he wasn't gaining on me or loosing any thing between me..

We pulled over about 15 miles past my exit in Denton and talked, first thing i asked was is he had juice. He said no, and seemed like the person that would lie. But w/e. No way in hell you can get on my ass from 2 or 3 links back in like 2 secs without it..

but he said he had a tune and a chip or something and thats it.. which in my head i called bullshit, but he was amazed my little truck beat him, i was amazed he kept up with me. But he he turned out to be a nice guy and just out cruising like i was and we had a little fun.

side note.. there was no traffic on the hwy 35 is usually dead at 1am in the morning, nice long straight highway, also i was watching my gas go down on the needle lol.. 150 miles an hour and i only get like 200 a tank so that means i could burn almost my whole tank in one hour going 150 but would never do that.. unless i wanted my truck to blow up.

So ya it was cool he gave me a run, ive raced SS's before and they where slow.. or didn't try..