PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Rear bumpstops?

DrewzR/T
06-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Well my drop is finished and damn do I need new bumpstops bad. Im runnin hotchkis coils up front with a little less than a half coil cut out. The rear is hotchkis leafs with a 2 inch block w/ QA1's all around. Tires are 255/50 in front and 275/50 in back. I cut the hotchkis stops in half in front and didnt get the hotchkis stops for the back. So I cut the stockers as much as I could. I only have maybe 2 inches of travel front and rear. Looks mean as F*Ck though!:burnout:

Gettin front pancake stops for the front is easy but the rear is a different story?

Does anybody make a bumpstop for the rear? If not I might have to c notch it.:jerkit:

Sick 660r
06-28-2008, 04:56 AM
my rear is the same as yours except a 1" block and I cut the bump stops that came with the hotchkis kit. My stops are only about 1/2 of an inch and I only have a couple inches of travel. Sounds like you may need a c notch. Got any pics of the drop?

DrewzR/T
06-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Just went out and snapped a few. Thinkin about it, I might not need a notch after all. If I can get 1/2 inch bumpstops i'll probably be ok. It doesnt bottom out unless I hit a pretty big bump.

99dakRT
06-29-2008, 12:16 AM
damn man!! your truck looks awesome:rockwoot:

Sick 660r
06-29-2008, 12:31 AM
strange... I only have a 1" block but I have less travel than you. Just cut those bump stops down. Truck looks good!!!

DrewzR/T
06-29-2008, 08:11 AM
damn man!! your truck looks awesome:rockwoot:

Thanks. It isn't done yet though!:nono::biggthumpup:

strange... I only have a 1" block but I have less travel than you. Just cut those bump stops down. Truck looks good!!!

Thx. Those are the stockers and the metal support is raised on the bottom side of it, so I dont wanna take it to close to the metal. Maybe i'll try an find some hotchkis stops to trim up.

DJM also makes one for the ram which look really similiar. Might pull it off a buddys truck and check it out.

Five9Dak
06-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Looks good,

Your truck is damn near a clone of mine, change the wheels, tonno to a hard one, shave the hood emblem and get the normal one piece headlights and they'd be identical.

DrewzR/T
06-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Looks good,

Your truck is damn near a clone of mine, change the wheels, tonno to a hard one, shave the hood emblem and get the normal one piece headlights and they'd be identical.:biggthumpup:

I'll soon have a smoothed cowl hood and Innovations tonneau. :woot:

I'm still stuck on wheels. I like these but I wouldnt mind 18's, but the selection for our trucks stink unless you have a few grand to drop.

krusty_R/T
06-30-2008, 01:25 AM
I have hotchkis and QA1s and I run with no rear bumpstops. I've never hit the frame rail once. Just keep the QA1s set stiff enough :)

John
06-30-2008, 03:07 AM
I tried cutting the stock ones in half for the rear... didnt do anything when I realized that they werent rubber all the way through. So I got a set of rectangle ones from beltech that are maybe 3/4" and they work great. I hit them sometimes but they are much better.

DrewzR/T
06-30-2008, 02:04 PM
I have hotchkis and QA1s and I run with no rear bumpstops. I've never hit the frame rail once. Just keep the QA1s set stiff enough :)

w/ 2 inch blocks?:D

DrewzR/T
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
I tried cutting the stock ones in half for the rear... didnt do anything when I realized that they werent rubber all the way through. So I got a set of rectangle ones from beltech that are maybe 3/4" and they work great. I hit them sometimes but they are much better.

Yeah I noticed it when I flipped em over. So trimmin the stockers even more is outta the question.

How low are you? I might try out the belltechs or DJM stops for shits and giggles.

krusty_R/T
06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
w/ 2 inch blocks?:D
1in blocks

Hugh Jassole
06-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Just went out and snapped a few. Thinkin about it, I might not need a notch after all. If I can get 1/2 inch bumpstops i'll probably be ok. It doesnt bottom out unless I hit a pretty big bump.

Weird, I just did Hotckis springs front & rear and my stance is very much like yours. I didn't block or cut anything. I have adeqaute travel in the rear, with the hotchkis stops, it's the fronts I'm a bit concerned with. I have Hotchkis stops in front, uncut. I drove it pretty hard this weekend too, big bumps and such, no issues with rubbing or suspension bottoming out. I'm using shitty shock too. Go figure

John
06-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah I noticed it when I flipped em over. So trimmin the stockers even more is outta the question.

How low are you? I might try out the belltechs or DJM stops for shits and giggles.

I only have 2 inch blocks on the stock r/t leafs. I had 3 inch blocks in at one point, but to do that again I would want a c-notch. Try out the small universal bump stops though. They are like $15 a pair.

DrewzR/T
06-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Weird, I just did Hotckis springs front & rear and my stance is very much like yours. I didn't block or cut anything. I have adeqaute travel in the rear, with the hotchkis stops, it's the fronts I'm a bit concerned with. I have Hotchkis stops in front, uncut. I drove it pretty hard this weekend too, big bumps and such, no issues with rubbing or suspension bottoming out. I'm using shitty shock too. Go figure

Rub it in why dont ya!:biggthumpup:

I only have 2 inch blocks on the stock r/t leafs. I had 3 inch blocks in at one point, but to do that again I would want a c-notch. Try out the small universal bump stops though. They are like $15 a pair.
yeah thats as low as I am right now. Guess i'll try em and see what happens.