PDA

View Full Version : Older trans vs. newer trans (46re)

2k1AmberR/T
05-14-2012, 12:06 AM
MSaine - How difficult is it to install an older transmission (pre 2000) into a newer truck (2001 model year Dakota)? I know the gear selectors are different...I have a feeling something with the valve body and/or wiring is also different. Is it possible though, if I had both transmissions on my garage floor, to swap components and make the older transmission successfully function in my newer truck?

I know you're in business to sell transmissions, not help people fix their shit for free...but you are the best person to ask and I'm in a shitty situation. Perhaps this information may help others in the future as well. Thanks for any input/advice you can give.

Adobedude
05-14-2012, 12:08 AM
MSaine - How difficult is it to install an older transmission (pre 2000) into a newer truck (2001 model year Dakota)? I know the gear selectors are different...I have a feeling something with the valve body and/or wiring is also different. Is it possible though, if I had both transmissions on my garage floor, to swap components and make the older transmission successfully function in my newer truck?

I know you're in business to sell transmissions, not help people fix their shit for free...but you are the best person to ask and I'm in a shitty situation. Perhaps this information may help others in the future as well. Thanks for any input/advice you can give.

Shoot him an email...He's not on here that much.

RTchas
05-14-2012, 04:10 AM

It Can be done but wire plug is differant, I know Ironsport1000 looked into it because we sold the 2002 tran's to Lowpatrol and it was going to need a wire adapter plug which is avalible aftermarket.:idunno:

Jason what's up with the parts you asked for Im sitting on them waiting for your reply? Sent you pic's months ago in PM:fml: