PDA

View Full Version : Getting an idea.....

yellart
04-25-2012, 11:53 AM
....if anyone might be interested in a highly modded 99 SY CC, Vortec SC'd, Accel DFI, (have a spare wiring harness if you want to go the SCT route), built motor, lots and lots of extras, lots and lots of spare/original parts, too much to list right now but view "my garage" for a nearly complete list - I updated it with as much as I can remember right now. 105k on the body, 5k on new motor.

back in her glory days http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/9VYARMZ111LG.html

Wish I didnt really have to list it FS, but have come to terms with priorities and I just cant get her up any higher on the list. :(

Entertaining any reasonable offers....

dakrt23
04-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Bummer to hear chris... hopefully you can get back in the game again soon.

Bump for a good guy and a clean nicely modded truck...

White Turbo
04-25-2012, 10:11 PM
*Bump for a good guy*

Hey Chris,

If you're definately selling Yella, you can post another thread in For Sale now.
We bent the rules for ya. :biggthumpup:

Or you can have us move this thread over there for you, if you like.

All we ask is that you list an "asking price" for it.

Danno
04-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Ditto to what Kevin said,

I will also add that Chris never did anything by half measures, everything on that truck was done right ( or as right as it could be when it was done :P )

Danno

yellart
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Bummer to hear chris... hopefully you can get back in the game again soon.

Bump for a good guy and a clean nicely modded truck...

I'm not out of the game YET!! LOL If I get it running I might just stay with it...even though that would be detrimental. Too many horses in the corral atm. LOL

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D

yellart
04-26-2012, 09:38 AM
*Bump for a good guy*

Hey Chris,

If you're definately selling Yella, you can post another thread in For Sale now.
We bent the rules for ya. :biggthumpup:

Or you can have us move this thread over there for you, if you like.

All we ask is that you list an "asking price" for it.

I actually think the "feeler" section is good for now. I am not even sure what to ask for her. I had an idea, then looked around for what others are going for, and that changed my mind a bit. I've modified the figure in my head and started second guessing selling it again. I'm not desperate at this point, but getting that iron out of the fire and having some extra cash for some higher priorities would be nice right about now. Does the term wishy-washy come to mind?? rofl

yellart
04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Ditto to what Kevin said,

I will also add that Chris never did anything by half measures, everything on that truck was done right ( or as right as it could be when it was done :P )

Danno

LOLZ....there was a time I am sure you were sick of hearing from me calling to make sure I was doing everything correctly!

Thanks Danno!

Five9Dak
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Whoever gets this, please don't put SCT on it. haha.

01dodgedakota
04-26-2012, 03:56 PM

he said its got a standalone, so why would you even consider sct on it?

KicknAsphlt
04-29-2012, 05:26 AM

What's your beef with sct? This isn't the first thread I've seen you hammer on it.

he said its got a standalone, so why would you even consider sct on it?

Emissions? You can't legally pass emissions and register the vehicle with a standalone....something to keep in mind if the potential buyer is in an emissions-regulated area.

01dodgedakota
04-29-2012, 12:36 PM
What's your beef with sct? This isn't the first thread I've seen you hammer on it.

Emissions? You can't legally pass emissions and register the vehicle with a standalone....something to keep in mind if the potential buyer is in an emissions-regulated area.

well if the harness isnt hacked all to hell it shouldnt be hard to turn it back to stock long enough to pass emissions and then put the blower and standalone on it, makes me glad i dont gotta deal with that shit like that, i can trip every check engine code on my truck and noone'll give a shit

BluRT00
04-29-2012, 03:48 PM

Justin he is just a angry black RC owner. I believe it is little man syndrome, cause us CC guys all seemed laid back.

yellart
04-30-2012, 11:33 AM
well if the harness isnt hacked all to hell it shouldnt be hard to turn it back to stock long enough to pass emissions and then put the blower and standalone on it, makes me glad i dont gotta deal with that shit like that, i can trip every check engine code on my truck and noone'll give a shit

Well the harness is altered to accomodate the DFI harness, but I have a spare complete wiring harness. So, a buyer would have the choice of keeping the current set-up with standalone Accell DFI tuner or go back to stock harness and use an SCT if they need to.

BTT

Five9Dak
04-30-2012, 11:52 AM

A standalone can pass plug in OBDII emissions if the JTEC still thinks it's running the motor. :jester:

The OP mentioned the buyer possibly switching the truck back to SCT. I think that would a be sin to downgrade what is on the truck and possible roach the motor in the process.

I think SCT is great- for NA and nitrous combos.

yellart
04-30-2012, 12:02 PM
A standalone can pass plug in OBDII emissions if the JTEC still thinks it's running the motor. :jester:

The OP mentioned the buyer possibly switching the truck back to SCT. I think that would a be sin to downgrade what is on the truck and possible roach the motor in the process.

Well there's lot of ways around emission testing. I havent had to worry about it here where I live so far. BUT my point is that a buyer would have the choice of how they want the truck configured.

KicknAsphlt
04-30-2012, 07:59 PM

But what makes it bad for boost?

yellart
05-02-2012, 07:03 PM
But what makes it bad for boost?

Was wondering the same. I have heard mention several times that the SCT isnt good for blown apps. Is there any truth to that or do we just hve some haters?

I can see some pro's going with SCT - less headache for daily drivability, not as steep a learning curve as the DFI is. etc. Of course a DFI will have complete tunability at all times, although that is sometimes part of the downfall (especially for someone not wanting to have to jack with the program very often).

Would like to hear some elaboration of why SCT is not beneficial for blown apps.

mtlcafan79
05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
The factory PCM fuel maps don't have a lot of resolution. When you have to spread them out across a 2 bar map it gets even worse. I think it's only 7 rows to cover from full vacuum to 15psi in that case. The factory PCM is slow to let go of closed loop too. It works for most boosted setups, but there are certainly better options.

BryanRT360
05-02-2012, 07:22 PM
How many boosted guys are passing ObdII testing anyway? Mine wont. My open loop tune is a non brainer but my closed loop tune refused to go to ready status.

yellart
05-08-2012, 09:39 AM
It works for most boosted setups, but there are certainly better options.

So either way, I have a standalone tuner on the truck - and if someone wanted to go with an SCT, I have the spare complete wiring harness as well. So a buyer would have their choice of which to use.

Still available.....BTT