PDA

View Full Version : new wheel studs?

slvr03dakrt
06-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Well looks like I'm going to put some new wheel studs in the rear axle of the r/t:jerkit:its not looking like to much fun. does anyone know where I can get a good set that will last awhile since I'm chaning tires when I go to the track.

2k1AmberR/T
06-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I got some Moroso studs from summit...

DrewzR/T
06-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I just went to napa.

slvr03dakrt
06-21-2008, 02:18 AM
I got some Moroso studs from summit...

I was looking at those on summit do you have the part number or the length and the knurl diameter (The part that presses in the flange).

SB440R/T
06-21-2008, 03:01 AM
Well looks like I'm going to put some new wheel studs in the rear axle of the r/t:jerkit:its not looking like to much fun. does anyone know where I can get a good set that will last awhile since I'm chaning tires when I go to the track.

What are you putting on that you have to change the studs on them?

slvr03dakrt
06-21-2008, 05:10 PM
What are you putting on that you have to change the studs on them?

Just some r/t wheels I have one stud thats broke and another that the threads are all jacked up on so I'm going to do both sides. It looks like the previous owner replaced a few of them with some autozone pos that are a half inch shorter that the few orginals that he left in there so I'm going to do them all sometime soon.

grapejuice1998
06-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Just some r/t wheels I have one stud thats broke and another that the threads are all jacked up on so I'm going to do both sides. It looks like the previous owner replaced a few of them with some autozone pos that are a half inch shorter that the few orginals that he left in there so I'm going to do them all sometime soon.

When you do get them straightened out ( I used Mopar replacements), be sure and use anti seize on the threads. Also, try not to drag the rim off/on the studs, because that piles aluminum shavings into the threads and galls them. Also, "back" the lug nut until you feel it bump into the threads, then start it a couple turns before you wrench it tight.

slvr03dakrt
06-21-2008, 07:09 PM
When you do get them straightened out ( I used Mopar replacements), be sure and use anti seize on the threads. Also, try not to drag the rim off/on the studs, because that piles aluminum shavings into the threads and galls them. Also, "back" the lug nut until you feel it bump into the threads, then start it a couple turns before you wrench it tight.

yep i usually do all of that