PDA

View Full Version : Calling Sam

Rigeldust
06-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Hello all,
I need your help and advice.
A few months ago I got in on a GB for some PPH headers. It took some doing but we got some people together and got it pushed through. I had spoken to Sam a few times before the order went through and everything seemed great. He told me that the headers would be perfect for me and no problem to install. In fact they were made for my truck a 2000 Dakota. I should be able to do it myself. We talked for 30 min. easy. Our conversation went so well I thought hey Ill order a M1 from him to. So I did.

About 10 days later some of the other guys were starting to wonder where there headers were. Sam had told us that it would be a real fast turn around. So I called him. He told me not to sweat it that they were just shipped. Well I got mine. But the other guys did not. Also mine said Doug T headers on em. I called Sam again. Something went wrong with the other shipments so it will be a few more days to a week before they will get theirs. Also he tells me not to worry that they were the same thing and will work just the same. Hummm. Well Im trusting. Why would I not trust him at this point? But I tell him that the others my not believe him. So I take em to a shop and tell them to put em on. I get a call back with the shop telling me that they don't fit. What? How do they not fit. Its the Y pipe The trany is in the way. Now Im not happy with this news. Im going to go down to the shop and check it out myself. Sure enough the Y pipe does not fit. Ill call Sam. He picks up. I explain to him that they don't fit. Well they may need to trim the lip on the trany he tells me. No No No they would have to cut into the trany to get em to fit. Humm. He tells me that he will call me back. HE DOES. The Y pipe that I have is for a pre 2000 truck he informs me. Well what can we do I ask. Again he tell me not to worry he will iron it out and he will find a way to make it work. Ah ok. Thats when I look online and did a search for the part number. Its at summit for $70.05 cheeper and it also clearly states that its for 1996- 1999 Dakota. I call him again. I not happy now. I inform him of this information. But do they have it in stock. No. Did you? No. They can get if sent to me within a week (I called Summit). oh. Well Ill match their price he tells me. Good. What about the Y pipe. Sam said that HE will take care of it. And where is my M1 I ask. The guy that sends it out had something going on and just got back. It should be there within a week. Its in Fla. Hummmm.

A week passes. Sam wont answer his phone. This is my transportation. So I tell my shop to just do it. Do what? Ahhh Well since your there and it would be a bitch to fab a Y pipe do true duals. Now I don't expect Sam to have any responsibility in that choice. Its just where I was at the time. I want to do the right thing when it comes to my truck. That seemed to be the right way to go.

For the next month no Sam. He wont answer his phone. He wont respond to texts. Nothing. And ... no M1

So a few days ago I submitted a dispute with PayPal on the M1. The same day the M1 was shipped. With a note saying that the install kit was on back order. They just received it the day before.

So I ask. What should/can I do?
Can someone call Sam for me? I think he has my number blocked.

Im a stay at home dad. This is the first time in the last 8 years I've been able to spend any money on my truck. I will never get rid of her.

Thank you for your time and any help you might provide.

slvr03dakrt
06-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Hmm i've never dealt with him but some of the other vendors seem to be on top of their game.:goodluck:

Rigeldust
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks

Jontoad
06-19-2008, 07:55 AM
sorry to hear your having troubles. i haven't bought anything from him for a while but i used to buy stuff from sam all the time. hell i got 2 sets of brakes, a cervinis hood, ss grill shell, ect... from him with no problem. even had the hood and grill shell fast for when my truck was in the body shop from some lady hitting the front end.

back then he was on the forums a lot and seemed to be one of the vendors who cared about his rep. it seems he has slipped quite a bit in the last year or two. its quite sad to see that happen.

Hugh Jassole
06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigeldust http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1310410#post1310410)
Hello all,
I need your help and advice.
A few months ago I got in on a GB for some PPH headers. It took some doing but we got some people together and got it pushed through. I had spoken to Sam a few times before the order went through and everything seemed great. He told me that the headers would be perfect for me and no problem to install. In fact they were made for my truck a 2000 Dakota. I should be able to do it myself. We talked for 30 min. easy. Our conversation went so well I thought hey Ill order a M1 from him to. So I did.

About 10 days later some of the other guys were starting to wonder where there headers were. Sam had told us that it would be a real fast turn around. So I called him. He told me not to sweat it that they were just shipped. Well I got mine. But the other guys did not. Also mine said Doug T headers on em. I called Sam again. Something went wrong with the other shipments so it will be a few more days to a week before they will get theirs. Also he tells me not to worry that they were the same thing and will work just the same. Hummm. Well Im trusting. Why would I not trust him at this point? But I tell him that the others my not believe him. So I take em to a shop and tell them to put em on. I get a call back with the shop telling me that they don't fit. What? How do they not fit. Its the Y pipe The trany is in the way. Now Im not happy with this news. Im going to go down to the shop and check it out myself. Sure enough the Y pipe does not fit. Ill call Sam. He picks up. I explain to him that they don't fit. Well they may need to trim the lip on the trany he tells me. No No No they would have to cut into the trany to get em to fit. Humm. He tells me that he will call me back. HE DOES. The Y pipe that I have is for a pre 2000 truck he informs me. Well what can we do I ask. Again he tell me not to worry he will iron it out and he will find a way to make it work. Ah ok. Thats when I look online and did a search for the part number. Its at summit for $70.05 cheeper and it also clearly states that its for 1996- 1999 Dakota. I call him again. I not happy now. I inform him of this information. But do they have it in stock. No. Did you? No. They can get if sent to me within a week (I called Summit). oh. Well Ill match their price he tells me. Good. What about the Y pipe. Sam said that HE will take care of it. And where is my M1 I ask. The guy that sends it out had something going on and just got back. It should be there within a week. Its in Fla. Hummmm.http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/images/smilies/dunno.gif

A week passes. Sam wont answer his phone. This is my transportation. So I tell my shop to just do it. Do what? Ahhh Well since your there and it would be a bitch to fab a Y pipe do true duals. Now I don't expect Sam to have any responsibility in that choice. Its just where I was at the time. I want to do the right thing when it comes to my truck. That seemed to be the right way to go.

For the next month no Sam. He wont answer his phone. He wont respond to texts. Nothing. And ... no M1

So a few days ago I submitted a dispute with PayPal on the M1. The same day the M1 was shipped. With a note (from Sam) saying that the install kit was on back order. They just received it the day before.

So I ask. What should/can I do?
Can someone call Sam for me? I think he has my number blocked.

Im a stay at home dad. This is the first time in the last 8 years I've been able to spend any money on my truck. I will never get rid of her.

Thank you for your time and any help you might provide.

Scott

Hmmmmm, I talked to Sam last night. Your story came up. Didn't know it was you though, he didn't mention any names. Seems to me that if you'd stop dicking with him via paypal, you'd get your parts. He also said that the customer in the story was also trying to hold him liable for $370 that was paid for a dual setup. Release the funds, so he can pay his suppliers and your parts will be shipped. That's the long and short of it.

You're being a dick through paypal has caused your delays more so than anything Sam has or hasn't done/said. He offered to ship your M1 back, to him, free of charge, and powdercoat it for you. Again, free of charge, to make up for the delay on shipping the install kit. You demanded a free set of powdercoated valve covers instead. Are you friggin' high ? You were offered a refund on the y-pipe, after YOU decided to go tru-dual. You, in turn demanded the $370 it cost you to have the dual system built.

Your unreasonable expectations and pissing via paypal have caused you the situation you're in. I know you wouldn't make the same demands of Summit or Jegs. They'd laugh in your face. If your project was delayed, on your daily driver, then shame on you for taking it apart without having all the parts in hand. Instead you come on here and twist the story, to make yourself look better. Lie about your expectations(as expressed in your 1st post). And, now try and hold Sam hostage by making monetary demands, that you are in no way entitled too. Oh, and you neglected to mention the refunds and and extra services that Sam did offer you. You sire are a liar, and an ass. Screw you and your gay neon lit exhaust tips. Tell the truth next time

slvr03dakrt
06-19-2008, 04:47 PM
damn thats intense you just got :owned:

grapejuice1998
06-19-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm smelling smoke already. Flames are sure to burst forth at any moment!

Hugh Jassole
06-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Nah, I already dressed him, and the other haters, down on Steve's sight. I'm growing bored with it now. I've said my piece, and I'm onto other things. Damn ADD :jester:

Rigeldust
06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Im not going to respond.
Steve's site has it down.
I never lied about anything.
try to calm down.

dakotabluert98
06-19-2008, 10:16 PM
one question i have is , why doesn't Sam take out some time in his busy schedule to address on the forum a lot of the questions people have. since he is so hard to get a hold off making a statement on the site might help calm things down. just my 2 cents.

01slvr59rt
06-19-2008, 11:30 PM
one question i have is , why doesn't Sam take out some time in his busy schedule to address on the forum a lot of the questions people have. since he is so hard to get a hold off making a statement on the site might help calm things down. just my 2 cents.

I've ordered from him years ago without any problems. BUT...this shit is crazy. So many people are getting screwed over big time. The 2 or 3 people who actually got what they ordered recently are lucky, or Sam just doesn't want to piss them off or lose their friendship...who knows or cares. He is showing that he basically doesn't give a rats ass about his customers. It's time to report him to the BBB for starters. I could go on and on, but it will just upset people who choose to defend him. I don't care what they have to say even though they may reply to my post. How can you defend somebody who has taken money from someone and just plain out ignores there responsibility. If he is too busy to run his little parts company then shut it down or hand it over to someone else to run. Sorry, I'm just fed up with all the posts with good/honest people getting screwed over without any reasoning.

dakotabluert98
06-20-2008, 12:10 AM
I've ordered from him years ago without any problems. BUT...this shit is crazy. So many people are getting screwed over big time. The 2 or 3 people who actually got what they ordered recently are lucky, or Sam just doesn't want to piss them off or lose their friendship...who knows or cares. He is showing that he basically doesn't give a rats ass about his customers. It's time to report him to the BBB for starters. I could go on and on, but it will just upset people who choose to defend him. I don't care what they have to say even though they may reply to my post. How can you defend somebody who has taken money from someone and just plain out ignores there responsibility. If he is too busy to run his little parts company then shut it down or hand it over to someone else to run. Sorry, I'm just fed up with all the posts with good/honest people getting screwed over without any reasoning.

i'm also one of the many that didn't get what i ordered, instead of dicking around. i just had my money returned went with summit and got my shocks in 2 weeks. waited 6 months from Sam ,was only able to get a hold of him twice in 6 months and had enough of the games. i'm not gonna bash him but don't take my money if you cant deliver.

2slowRT
06-20-2008, 02:15 AM
I can't believe it's the same BS almost 5 years later. I waited over a year for a set of mopar headers from Sam. It was the same lie every week. If the headers are on backorder just be honest w/ me Sam!!!, don't get my hopes up saying they will be shipped this week. If he can't handle the business(5yrs later) it's time to shut down the shop.

Rigeldust
06-20-2008, 02:56 AM
I can't believe it's the same BS almost 5 years later. I waited over a year for a set of mopar headers from Sam. It was the same lie every week. If the headers are on backorder just be honest w/ me Sam!!!, don't get my hopes up saying they will be shipped this week. If he can't handle the business(5yrs later) it's time to shut down the shop.

Its kinda funny you say that.

I called Sam's wholesaler today and he said that the part Sam said was on backorder turned out to be on the shelf and had been for the last few months.

Rigeldust
06-20-2008, 04:57 AM
Im going to delete this thread.

Its not right for this site.

Im sorry I brought this shit here. but I did get results. I filed with PayPal and Sam called me back. cool Thanks for all your help. Its still not done. Ill help anyone else if I can.

This thread will be deleted after 3 posts.