PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump dissaembly

Kingst3r
03-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Try to take my fuel pump housing apart to upgrade the pump inside the housing. Following this thread

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52197&highlight=holly+pump

Now I am stuck at getting the inner sleeve from the outer sleeve. It says go from the bottom? I can see where it seperates from the top, but not from the botttom, and I cant see the clips? Any pictures, the orginal ones were deleted and if I can see it I can probably do it. Anyone done this and can help me?

Kingst3r
03-21-2012, 03:33 AM
Where the boosted guys at?!?!

I know some of you guys have done this! I am stuck at removing the inner sleeve. It feels like I am unclipping it but it wont budge. Do I slide it up or down? Need some help, I have been fussing with it for HOURS!!

Kingst3r
03-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Nobody?!?!?!

krs1r/t
03-21-2012, 09:23 PM
it is a horribles setup that fuel canister! i did it years ago didnt like the way it was got pissed off! and bought a fuel cell!!!

krs1r/t
03-21-2012, 09:24 PM
i cant remeber how it went enough to help u out! ill try and pick my brain

Kingst3r
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks buddy, this thing is a PITA!!

Kingst3r
03-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Got it apart!! What a PITA! It required a little more modification and creativity than I thought. I put the pump in, but it doesnt stick out through the bottom of the basket hole like the stock or other walboro pump. I did some modification and I got the pump in and secure, but the pump inlet is just inside the basket, around an inch. I thought this wouldnt be a problem, except I might have to not let the gas get as low because my pick up isnt as low. However, I just thought to myself, does the basket float on the surface of the gas? If it does, I have to modify it again because the pick up wont be in the gas. But I am almost positive the fuel pump runs submerged in gas because it help cools it.... Will my pump work the way it is? How come the wires and sensors dont get messed up being submerged?

Kingst3r
03-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Any insight on this, I wanna make sure my pump will work.