PDA

View Full Version : WTF does not make any sense

Red Monster
03-15-2012, 10:29 PM
so i put the SCT tune to race program and when i come to a stop it dies and other thing i notice my oil gauge stopped working then i remembered the Chris said with the Race tune you might have to use 93 so i put $50 in and everything worked including the oil gauge
can someone please explain why 93 had a reason to work with the oil gauge WTF

AmberFireDaK
03-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah I can explain.... they are completely unrelated issues lol

Red Monster
03-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah I can explain.... they are completely unrelated issues lol

i know that but before i put the tune in my oil gauge was working
then when i tuned it it stoped working
i put 93 in and the trucks stopped dying and the oil gauge worked again

grapejuice1998
03-15-2012, 11:47 PM
It must be a coincidence.

The truck doesn't have an octane sensor and even if it did, it wouldn't be tied in with the oil pressure gauge. :biggthumpup:

Red Monster
03-15-2012, 11:56 PM
It must be a coincidence.

The truck doesn't have an octane sensor and even if it did, it wouldn't be tied in with the oil pressure gauge. :biggthumpup:

i knew it wouldnt been connected
it will be just one of those things ill never know why

AmberFireDaK
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
i knew it wouldnt been connected
it will be just one of those things ill never know why

We told you why... pure coincidence...

Try and replicate the circumstances and see if the problem returns.....

Intense RT
03-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Disconnect the oil pressure sender, pull the top plastic piece off...it's held on by and o ring...there might be oil in there. I had erratic readings once...would slowly go from 60 ish down to zero over the course of 20 miles.

There was plenty of oil, nothing broke. I got to the point and figured out that while I was going down the hwy (it was a 1400 mile road trip) if I would put it in neutral, turn the ignition off and turn it right back on, cruise down to a slow speed and put it back in Drive...it would work again.

Not exactly the same, but it's something to check for. Mine had oil dripping off the inside when I took the top off.

wyotech_cuda440
03-16-2012, 12:48 AM
I think its normal for the oil pressure to read zero when the engine dies..... :nana:

Red Monster
03-16-2012, 01:12 AM
I think its normal for the oil pressure to read zero when the engine dies..... :nana:

the oil gauge will say when i stop it goes to zero and when i get back up to speed it will max out.
repeat it
its back to normal so im not worry about it
just didnt understand what happened

wyotech_cuda440
03-16-2012, 01:34 AM
the oil gauge will say when i stop it goes to zero and when i get back up to speed it will max out.
repeat it
its back to normal so im not worry about it
just didnt understand what happened

I was just fukin with you :finger:

Red Monster
03-16-2012, 01:39 AM
I was just fukin with you :finger:

ya i know