PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Bearing Going Bad?

Axiom
06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
What are the symptoms of a bad wheel bearing or hub?

slvr03dakrt
06-11-2008, 11:28 PM
hhmmm sometimes they will pop when going slow in a parkinglot with the wheel turned all the way or you will get a little shimmy and shake in the steering wheel out on the highway. You can check them by jacking the front up and with the tire on grab it and try to move it side to side or up and down.

BryanRT360
06-12-2008, 02:05 AM
thread jack

I know you got the 408 together, Did you post vids yet? I wanna hear that kitten purr:burnout:

slvr03dakrt
06-12-2008, 02:44 AM
thread jack

I know you got the 408 together, Did you post vids yet? I wanna hear that kitten purr:burnout:

hmmm yea i know I'm slacking. I've been working alot at work. I think i put in 65hours last week. I'll try to get it posted soon.

BTLFED R/T
06-12-2008, 05:29 AM
hhmmm sometimes they will pop when going slow in a parkinglot with the wheel turned all the way or you will get a little shimmy and shake in the steering wheel out on the highway. You can check them by jacking the front up and with the tire on grab it and try to move it side to side or up and down.

You just described how to check for a bad ball joint and tie-rods. :jester:

Axiom
06-12-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm hearing a grinding noise from my front end only when I'm moving. The brakes look fine so I'm thinking wheel bearing.

red R/T
07-10-2008, 07:03 PM
you can ride down the road and turn the wheel side to side and that will put a load on the bearings . that should tell you which one is bad.

if you need bearings the for them should be set 49. if you dont have a press you have to get the hub and bearings