PDA

View Full Version : Replacement of A arm bushings

prestonmccord
02-20-2012, 08:08 PM
LMC TRUCK has a Polyurethane Bushing kit for the Rack and Pinion for $19.95 well worth the money my steering got alot tighter. They also have a Polyurethane bushing kit for the upper and lower a arms both sides for $69.95. Now for the removal of the old bushing after you get the a arms off they will most likely be stuck i tried alot of different things to get them out and they didnt move at all. What finally did work was burning the bushings out with a torch and hiting them with a hammer if you drill holes in them first they will burn out faster. i had them all out in about 15 min. I bought new top a arms so i didnt have to do anything with those. For the installation of the new bushings just grease them up real good and then just side them in or hit them with a hammer if you have a hard time getting them to go in. I posted this because i wasted a whole day working on the bottom a arms and i wanted to save anybody doing this a lot of time and work.

sunike32
02-20-2012, 08:59 PM
I see that was your thread from last week, inquiring about replacing the CA bushings. I take it you had trouble with them and then posted that thread? Either way, glad to hear you got it all taken care of, I'm sure it tightened the front end up. When I installed my Hotchkis kit, I also did MOOG upper/lower ball joints and ES poly CA bushings. It was a night and day difference!

Did you replace with rubber or poly bushings?

prestonmccord
02-24-2012, 03:03 AM
poly and it did make a huge difference the stock bushings were in really bad shape to.