PDA

View Full Version : transmission question

5.9 slowkota rt
06-11-2008, 04:30 AM
i have a 2000 cc rt and was wondering who you guys would have do a transmission. i have seen fastman and dr. evil mentioned. does anyone have a transmission from either company and if so how do you like it. i had the stock tranny rebuilt at 26k miles by the tranny tech at the dealer i used to work for it lasted about 40k miles then took a shit with the nitrous. after that i took it to a guy that the old southeast r/t president john m. recommended. i had nothing but problems with that tranny and the guy wouldnt do anything to help me out and it lasted less than a year without the nitrous. next i had a tranny tech at another dealer that a friend of mine worked for do the tranny and that trans kept breaking the second gear apply strut and finally took a shit after about 8 months. now i have a used tranny from the junk yard and thats tranny feels like its about to go. any help would be appreciated i want something thats gonna last this time.

BTLFED R/T
06-11-2008, 04:38 AM
You should have a good local shop do a performance build on it. Unless you're close to one of the transmission builders you named, it isn't worth it. If you have problems you have to dick with removing, shipping, reinstalling.

slvr03dakrt
06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
As mentioned find a local builder that does tf 727 mopar race transmissions on a regular basis. He will know all the little tricks to make it survive. I had a guy do mine locally and thats what he specializes in is tf727 race trannies. He told me the insides are close to the same with an overdrive unit attached to back of the tranny along with all of the electronic sensors. So far I have around 30k on mine and its still going strong.

5.9 slowkota rt
06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
are there any guys here from tampa that know of a good tranny shop

BluRT00
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
are there any guys here from tampa that know of a good tranny shop

I dont know if there is anyone in Tampa thats on this site to be honest. As for transmission rebuild, I had mine done by a friend in West Palm Beach. Granted it took him 2 weeks to do it. Master transmission tech at a Dodge dealership. So far the 2800 msaine tc, transgo shift kit on hardest setting, kevlar band clutches have lived 30 k miles. The last 5 k have been hit with a Paxton novi 2000 S/C. Still running hard, and I race it at strip more and more, and do stop and go driving with it. We will have to meet up some day, would like to see you're truck. Dan

5.9 slowkota rt
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I dont know if there is anyone in Tampa thats on this site to be honest. As for transmission rebuild, I had mine done by a friend in West Palm Beach. Granted it took him 2 weeks to do it. Master transmission tech at a Dodge dealership. So far the 2800 msaine tc, transgo shift kit on hardest setting, kevlar band clutches have lived 30 k miles. The last 5 k have been hit with a Paxton novi 2000 S/C. Still running hard, and I race it at strip more and more, and do stop and go driving with it. We will have to meet up some day, would like to see you're truck. Dan

sounds good do you mind talking to your friend and finding out how much to do a rebuild. i head to west palm every couple of weeks for work.