PDA

View Full Version : turn signal removal help

DakRat33
06-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok, so I got a set of the ccfl led one piece headlights that I was getting ready to install today

My prob is that I can't get the turn signal bulbs out of the stock headlight assembly to be able to use what I need in the new ones

Without taking the adjuster bracket off, does anyone have a trick to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

dakotabluert98
06-11-2008, 01:10 AM
you should just have to turn the connectors to get them out.

oogieboogieX
06-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Ok, so I got a set of the ccfl led one piece headlights that I was getting ready to install today

My prob is that I can't get the turn signal bulbs out of the stock headlight assembly to be able to use what I need in the new ones

Without taking the adjuster bracket off, does anyone have a trick to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Assuming you are talking about a 97-04, sounds like you removed the whole headlight/corner lens assembly...

You only need to remove the screw holding the corner to the headlight, it's a T-10 torx bit, and it's located in the lower outside corner of the headlight. Then, carefully slide the corner lens off. It has 3 clips that align and hold the corner to the headlight. Then you can twist and remove the turn signal bulbs.. sometimes they take a bit of a crank to get them out.

The headlight itself does not have to come off, you can leave the 3 bolts that hold it alone.

I have found with some clear corners that the side marker lamp may need to be changed, as not all the clear corners out there use the same hole design.

DakRat33
06-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Assuming you are talking about a 97-04, sounds like you removed the whole headlight/corner lens assembly...

You only need to remove the screw holding the corner to the headlight, it's a T-10 torx bit, and it's located in the lower outside corner of the headlight. Then, carefully slide the corner lens off. It has 3 clips that align and hold the corner to the headlight. Then you can twist and remove the turn signal bulbs.. sometimes they take a bit of a crank to get them out.

The headlight itself does not have to come off, you can leave the 3 bolts that hold it alone.

I have found with some clear corners that the side marker lamp may need to be changed, as not all the clear corners out there use the same hole design.

That's what I wanted to know...thanks....that t10 bolt is what I guess I had to look for...thanks...now I can get the plug/socket out to transfer over to the new one-piece assembly

Thank you

Jimbarrt
06-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Don't forget to add blinker fluid!