PDA

View Full Version : Front spindle/knuckle

gk1198s
02-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, I'm in need of some help again. Anyone that knows where I can get a good deal on a new passenger side spindle/knuckle would be greatly appreciated. The kid I bought my truck off of stripped out the original one with a caliper bolt and the damn caliper fell off this morning while my girl was driving it. Thank god she thought to hit the parking brake or we could have been in another accident! I need help finding some parts as the shop want's like $1,000 just to buy the spindle and caliper.

GoFastGray
02-13-2012, 09:14 PM
9mm helicoil at napa, kit sells for ~$50
I have a few of the helicoils left (just have to find them).
You can borrow the kit if you want, just have to find someone to drill/tap/helicoil the spindal for you. I used one on my '97 beater, worked fine.
I guess it's a somewhat common bolt that strips.

gk1198s
02-13-2012, 09:16 PM
9mm helicoil at napa, kit sells for ~$50
I have a few of the helicoils left (just have to find them).
You can borrow the kit if you want, just have to find someone to drill/tap/helicoil the spindal for you. I used one on my '97 beater, worked fine.
I guess it's a somewhat common bolt that strips.

Thanks but it looks to me like the spindle hole was enlarged quite a bit. The shop doesn't want to take the risk to retap the hole and install a larger bolt. I've never used one before so i don't know how big you can go.

SynRG
02-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Best bet would be at a pull it yard like Sun Valley Pick your part.