PDA

View Full Version : Billet Radiator overflow & Washer Bottles

WhiteRT
06-05-2008, 05:42 AM
I am working on a magnum specific setup for both units....

It is mainly for the 00-up guys who want to ditch that hideous black shroud provided by ma mopar :biggthumpup:

The radiator side will be equipped with all necessary hardware and fittings....fully polished 6061 aluminum

The washer bottle side will have a machined oring top to pull on and off for filling.....it will retain stock pump, sensor & wiring....fully polished 6061 aluminum....

MY QUESTION IS - any interest in this??? I am going to do a set for my truck and for my buddy steven's truck - but after that I could make them in batches if we get enough people - just seeing if there is any interest off the bat...

Todd

00RedRT
06-05-2008, 05:51 AM
If this is the same radiator that Steven and I discussed last fall then count me in!:biggthumpup: I won't need the washer bottle though since I don't even have any wipers on the truck.:jester:

WhiteRT
06-05-2008, 05:54 AM
If this is the same radiator that Steven and I discussed last fall then count me in!:biggthumpup: I won't need the washer bottle though since I don't even have any wipers on the truck.:jester:

I think you misread the subject, hehe

Its billet bottles for both sides....to ditch the shroud.....

Only sold in sets LMFAO - j/k.....

I think steven is doing the custom shrouds with the digital spal controller and spal 2300 cfm fan first - before he moves to the radiator.....you would have to ask him for certain though....

Todd

00RedRT
06-05-2008, 06:00 AM
I think you misread the subject, hehe

Its billet bottles for both sides....to ditch the shroud.....

Only sold in sets LMFAO - j/k.....

I think steven is doing the custom shrouds with the digital spal controller and spal 2300 cfm fan first - before he moves to the radiator.....you would have to ask him for certain though....

Todd

Oh:jester:, I'll chalk it up to being sleepy. I saw the title Billet Radiator and glossed over the rest. Had you said "Overflow & Washer Bottles" I wouldn't have even opened the thread.:D

My shroud got ditched 5 years ago, and been running a polished aluminum overflow.

Just need a nicer radiator someday, and Steven's version is about as nice as they come!:woot:

WhiteRT
06-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Oh:jester:, I'll chalk it up to being sleepy. I saw the title Billet Radiator and glossed over the rest. Had you said "Overflow & Washer Bottles" I wouldn't have even opened the thread.:D

My shroud got ditched 5 years ago, and been running a polished aluminum overflow.

I did on the other sites.....chalk it up to being sleepy.....

I looked at every overflow I could find - 99% of them looked like garbage and/or didnt hold enough fluid.....so I had to resort to making my own.....just like everything else with these damn trucks - nothing out there looks that great....bummer sometimes....

Todd

Siciliano15
06-05-2008, 03:08 PM

It is mainly for the 00-up guys who want to ditch that hideous black shroud provided by ma mopar :biggthumpup:

The radiator side will be equipped with all necessary hardware and fittings....fully polished 6061 aluminum

The washer bottle side will have a machined oring top to pull on and off for filling.....it will retain stock pump, sensor & wiring....fully polished 6061 aluminum....

MY QUESTION IS - any interest in this??? I am going to do a set for my truck and for my buddy steven's truck - but after that I could make them in batches if we get enough people - just seeing if there is any interest off the bat...

Todd

i might be interested in this. wat would be the approximate cost?

Opie
06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
yeah me too wondering the cost though

Rigeldust
06-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Humm I need to think about this one?:angrywife: I might be in on this.

BluRT00
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM

Todd

I am interested in the washer bottle. How would this work? You tool up the washer bottle, and I can just transfer over the stock components from the stock plastic 00+ pump ect..? If so name the price, cause I don't have a washer bottle setup, and I personally think the oem 99 and older look like crap. Dan

WhiteRT
06-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I am interested in the washer bottle. How would this work? You tool up the washer bottle, and I can just transfer over the stock components from the stock plastic 00+ pump ect..? If so name the price, cause I don't have a washer bottle setup, and I personally think the oem 99 and older look like crap. Dan

As far as pricing - I dont want to guestimate yet until I have all the parts and I am going to have to tool up the lathe.....

Billet Specialties makes one that needs some extras to make it work for around 100 bux - I am gonna try to stick it under that for each setup.....

And Dan - yes you would just unplug your stock pump and sensor slap it in the new bottle and rock and roll.....I am going to try to make it 100% bolt on with no modifications needed....

Todd

stevenz1inoc
06-05-2008, 07:02 PM

Just need a nicer radiator someday, and Steven's version is about as nice as they come!:woot:

I have been holding off on doing a radiator because of the cost involved however I know a few people are interested. I was going to look into it awhile back for Jason but I got so busy I didnt. It might take me a few weeks to get a price figured out and the options people would want but I can get something together if you are serious about needing one. Now that things have slowed a little for me here at the shop I have some time to play.

BluRT00
06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
As far as pricing - I dont want to guestimate yet until I have all the parts and I am going to have to tool up the lathe.....

Billet Specialties makes one that needs some extras to make it work for around 100 bux - I am gonna try to stick it under that for each setup.....

And Dan - yes you would just unplug your stock pump and sensor slap it in the new bottle and rock and roll.....I am going to try to make it 100% bolt on with no modifications needed....

Todd

Can't wait to see you're product, cause you do awesome work. Dan

Siciliano15
06-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Todd

if it is around $100 when all said and done for the kit then id def be down for that.

WhiteRT
06-05-2008, 09:24 PM
if it is around $100 when all said and done for the kit then id def be down for that.

NO NO - per bottle - and I dunno if that is the correct price at all.....

I will just have to see what I have in it between time, materials and tooling....

Todd

Siciliano15
06-05-2008, 09:44 PM
NO NO - per bottle - and I dunno if that is the correct price at all.....

I will just have to see what I have in it between time, materials and tooling....

Todd

oh ok well i may be down for it anyways well just wait and see i guess. def wanna clean up the engine bay a little bit

1LoudRT
06-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Count me in- I'm also looking for an aluminum fan shroud set-up

SniperRT01
06-07-2008, 07:17 PM
im interested in this

DakRat33
06-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Not sure if I already responded to this...but...I am definitely interested in this. Let me know

Jason

Todd

Five9Dak
06-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Why no love for 98-99?

WhiteRT
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Why no love for 98-99?

I dont have one to mock one up and I really dont want to get too creative redoing everything in a kit form.....

If you guys want to buy and figure out how to hook up the washer bottle thats your own deal - it would involve lengthening wires or coming up with a way to mount to the fire wall....the over flow should work the same on either model I would assume...

Todd

rattler360
06-11-2008, 02:41 AM
i had my own custom radiator built by c&r racing back in 2003, direct bolt in for 1998 and 1999 dakota and durango with 16 inch spal fan

5.9 R/T
06-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I might be intrested too in that... I'll just wait to see the final product and cost, but I'm intrested

Five9Dak
06-12-2008, 02:27 AM
i had my own custom radiator built by c&r racing back in 2003, direct bolt in for 1998 and 1999 dakota and durango with 16 inch spal fan

Did they keep the dimensions on file?

NH_TAZ
06-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Did they keep the dimensions on file?

I was going to ask him the same thing and then I saw your post!

stevenz1inoc
06-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I was going to ask him the same thing and then I saw your post!

This isnt meant just for you but for everyone who is interested in custom radiators.

There really isnt a need to spend a bunch of money and have a new all aluminum radiator made for your truck unless you are just looking for a "cool factor". Our stock radiators are more than enough unless you have an extreme engine that needs extra cooling like a S/C in a hot climate or a 408 pushed to the extreme or some other high HP situation.

If you want to save cash and get a lot more cooling from your stock radiator just make or buy a better shroud with a good fan, pull the stock mechanical fan and stock electric fan and you will be good to go.

rattler360
06-13-2008, 03:11 AM
it should still be on file, i was going to market them originally, im doing a 408 with a turbo that why i went for it, plus being a little different

badbluedak
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
i would like to see the final product first and how much it cost but im interested

rattler360
06-16-2008, 02:09 AM
i can post pics, but i really dont have to time to start selling them

Sick 660r
06-19-2008, 12:55 AM
any updates? Im definitly interested!

WhiteRT
06-19-2008, 01:53 AM
any updates? Im definitly interested!

If you are talking about the bottles, the prototypes will be in a couple weeks - then installed and ran for a bit to make sure everything is good - after that I can start making them....

Todd

Sick 660r
06-19-2008, 01:58 AM
If you are talking about the bottles, the prototypes will be in a couple weeks - then installed and ran for a bit to make sure everything is good - after that I can start making them....

Todd

I was actually talking about the rad and fan.

1LoudRT
08-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Any Updates on the bottles- I would love to see/ buy a set! :wazzup:

y2krtaf
08-04-2008, 01:22 PM

Todd
Any word brother?

Moparguy85
08-20-2008, 11:13 AM
I would be in for it! Cant wait to see them

SniperRT01
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
any word on these things yet?

WhiteRT
09-08-2008, 09:23 PM
any word on these things yet?

There is a post on dak-dur that I did in my vendor section....

I would need 15 prepaid people to get in on these before I could do them....

5 people have signed up so far in the last 24-36hours....

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61329

Todd

Siciliano15
09-09-2008, 10:39 PM
There is a post on dak-dur that I did in my vendor section....

I would need 15 prepaid people to get in on these before I could do them....

5 people have signed up so far in the last 24-36hours....

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61329

Todd

So $250 for both the coolant overflow and washer reservoir? Will the washer one have the connection for the sensor that determines if it is low? Lastly, will this include mounting brackets/hardware for the install or no? I am very interested in this setup.

WhiteRT
09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
So $250 for both the coolant overflow and washer reservoir? Will the washer one have the connection for the sensor that determines if it is low? Lastly, will this include mounting brackets/hardware for the install or no? I am very interested in this setup.

Yes - 250 for both

The washer one will have provisions to insert your stock pump and stock float sensor....

They will come with welded on tabs for mounting - Best way to do it will be to mount to the under side of the rad support so that is how I will try to set it up if we get it off the ground....

If you are interested register on dak-dur and go to my vendor forum and do the poll....

Todd

Siciliano15
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Yes - 250 for both

The washer one will have provisions to insert your stock pump and stock float sensor....

They will come with welded on tabs for mounting - Best way to do it will be to mount to the under side of the rad support so that is how I will try to set it up if we get it off the ground....

If you are interested register on dak-dur and go to my vendor forum and do the poll....

Todd

ok cool thanks. ill go over there and go on the poll.