PDA

View Full Version : All Div 4 Members Please Read

bob97sst
10-31-2011, 07:11 AM
All,

For those of you who don't know me. I am one of your Div 4 Reps. I am very active in the local DFW Dak scene (meets, drag racing).

I plan to use this post for 2012 planning purposes.

*****************************North Texas Area***********************
DFW - Nationals
I have been talking with various parties about possibly hosting the DRTC Nationals in DFW. Would like to see how many Div 4 folks would attend if the price was reasonable? Would you prefer a Dak/Dur only events or piggyback larger Mopar events?
If interested in bidding for 2012 or future, people need to post up interest. If there is not enough interest from fellow Din 4 members this will be removed.

Austin/OKC - Road Trips
In 2012 I plan on making a couple of road trips to any place within a day's drive. Goal will to go convoy style and roll with a couple locals and hopefully pick up a few folks on the drive. Could be worked into any local car/truck shows or racing events.
This is new for 2012. Austin Heat Wave and some AutoX in OKC are the current front runners.

Grapevine, TX - DFWDakotas/DFWRam hosted Mopar Lake Meet - Everyone is invited!
Mopar Meltdown 2011 - Combined with another local Dodge truck club we hosted a Mopar Lake Meet and had around 100 vehicles. This was the third year of this event and are planning to double again next year!
I am always at this event.

Ennis, TX - Mopars at the Motorplex
One day of Mopar on Mopar action, drag racing or SnS style!
Lots of great racing and Mopars to be seen. I have attended this the last 3 years.

DFW - Texas Muscale Car Club Challenge
Come join the Cowtown Mopars racing team for some excellent drag racing against Fords and Chevys. Season is 10 events spanning from late spring through late fall at various 1/8 and 1/4 tracks in the DFW area.
You can usually find me here racing the 01 Dak. Attended 6 of the 10 races this year and plan to hit all 10 in 2012.

Justin, TX - Lapse for Charity
Two sessions (Spring and Fall) usually team up with DFWRams and get to run before public as a club. Charity event for Children's Charity costs $10 per lap.
It is a beautiful sight watching 20+ sweet Dodge Trucks take lapse on TMS. I have particiapted in this 5 times over the last 3 years.

Garland, TX - Southwest Mopar Mini-Nationals - Judged classes.
This event is put on by Dallas Mopar brings in over 200 show quality Mopars from the Southwest region. It is setup in a massive city park, so there are things for the kiddos to do in the late summer timeframe.
Long running event but new for me in 2012.

Other Ideas
This is where you reply! :D

OKC
AutoX
More details to come....

Other Areas
Tell us about events in your area!
************************************************** ************************************************** ******

Regards,

Bob

jjones
10-31-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm down for whatever DFWdakotas schedules. Will travel for Dakota meets!!!

dakfink
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Just a suggestion.

I'd be in for this IF I were home enough.

Get in with the DFW Muscle Car Racing group.

They have monthly races through the spring and fall at different tracks up and down I-35 that I know of. And they are made up of all Brands of Muscle Car clubs.

I know Dallas Mopars and Cow-Town Mopars are part of it.

grapejuice1998
10-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Just a suggestion.

I'd be in for this IF I were home enough.

Get in with the DFW Muscle Car Racing group.

They have monthly races through the spring and fall at different tracks up and down I-35 that I know of. And they are made up of all Brands of Muscle Car clubs.

I know Dallas Mopars and Cow-Town Mopars are part of it.

Are referring to the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge? It is a series of races. It's not a club unto itself.

http://www.tmccc.org/

bob97sst
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
JJ - Always great to hear your enthusiasm. Looking at having DFWDak and DFWRam roll to Austin Heat Wave with 10-20 trucks in 2012. My 01 RC Dak should be finished with the supercharger, complete re-paint, fresh interior and the pile of billet goodies I have been waiting for racing season to wrap up to install.

DakFink - Yes, I also believe you are referring to Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge.Currently the DFWDakotas club is racing under the Cowtown Mopars club banner and they have won the last 9 years. We are on pace for win 10. I am hopeful to place in the top 5 for my class, Street Muscle.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will add it to the list.

Keep em coming!

bob97sst
11-02-2011, 08:13 PM
All,

I have updated the list with a couple new events for the DFW area.

I am sure other Div 4 metro areas have Mopar type and/or racing events. Please let me know what is going on in your area so we create a master list of events that are opportunities for us to show, race, and talk about our trucks with fellow Dak/Dur or Mopar fans. I want to start with events to you all are attending now or plan to for 2012.

Can I get a roll call of members who are active in their local scene?

jjones
11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Well as for the members around here that I'm aware of:
-Josh (jjones)
-Gilbert (Turbo r/t)
-Chris (Centex_R/T)
-Jake (408rt)

As for local shows, Every weekend there are shows in Cedar Park (183 & 1431) and @ Cabelas in Buda. Very good turnouts just on complete opposite ends of the Greater Austin area. Nothing planned anytime soon in the Mopar world that I know of.

User
11-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm always done Bob, just waiting to wrap up my truck.

razman131
11-03-2011, 02:11 AM
ill be back in tha area summer/late 2012. most likely the Houston area depending on work.

dakfink
11-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Are referring to the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge? It is a series of races. It's not a club unto itself.

http://www.tmccc.org/

That would be it.

I only new about them because a guy I used to work with (Dalls Mopar Club; Wayne Taylor) invited me to one of their events in Kennadale back in 2000-2001

bob97sst
11-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Any members in AR, LA, NM?

User
11-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Isn't Adobe from NM?

chief
12-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I'd be interested in the Grapevine Lake meet - it's close to home. Like the idea of the Nationals here.

Mike

grapejuice1998
12-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I don't think there will never be a Nationals in the DFW area.

MoparDrvn
12-29-2011, 05:12 AM
I don't think there will never be a Nationals in the DFW area.

We just need to dig up more inactive members! I know there are a lot of r/t guys between la TX ok

grapejuice1998
12-29-2011, 02:22 PM
We just need to dig up more inactive members! I know there are a lot of r/t guys between la TX ok

That really has very little to do with it. It's the planning that never gets done. I put together a proposal for DFW back in '04, but Baytown won because they piggybacked the meet with the HMCCC meet.
These days there is always talk of a DFW Nats, but nobody ever follows through with it. That's why I don't believe there will ever be one.