PDA

View Full Version : Need a good front end shop in ATL

Dave3240
10-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Anyone recommend a good shop to do the front end on my R/T? Don't have time, tools or location to do it myself, and it ain't gonna last 'til I can get it back home. Will be in town for 4-5 days. Firestone & Expert Tire both declined to install my new Moog ball joints & bushings...guess they're not interested if they can't mark the parts up 100%.

I'm seriously paranoid it's gonna pop a ball joint @ speed soon.

MikeEast
10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
If you have the parts, time and expertise to be able to do the job, I have the location, probably all the tools needed and enough beer to fuel the job.

There's also a shop in Cumming (Clanton Fast Brake I think is the name on the sign) give Dennis a call, he's done all the stuff I didn't want to on my Van/Magnum/Dakota...

Mike

Intense RT
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Anyone recommend a good shop to do the front end on my R/T? Don't have time, tools or location to do it myself, and it ain't gonna last 'til I can get it back home. Will be in town for 4-5 days. Firestone & Expert Tire both declined to install my new Moog ball joints & bushings...guess they're not interested if they can't mark the parts up 100%.

I'm seriously paranoid it's gonna pop a ball joint @ speed soon.Exactly. They can't fuck ya hard on parts markup which is most of the markup anyway. Not to mention they just want quick/ easy money more than likely and ball joints don't count.

Dave3240
10-14-2011, 05:54 PM
If you have the parts, time and expertise to be able to do the job, I have the location, probably all the tools needed and enough beer to fuel the job.

There's also a shop in Cumming (Clanton Fast Brake I think is the name on the sign) give Dennis a call, he's done all the stuff I didn't want to on my Van/Magnum/Dakota...

Mike

Hey, thanks a MILLION for the kind offer. The truck's gonna be down for at least a couple days, as I have to overnight the LCA bushings to NC & back in order to avoid doing business w/ DJM Suspension (and obtain a part number for others who have these arms). I'm motelling it, as I'm on a rollout for a nat'l chain at this time, so I need to put it in a shop close to a motel and wait for it. Your offer is much appreciated, though. It's that kind of thing that makes these forums such a valuable resource and community for members. Rep to ya.

Stopped @ a local shop in Birmingham; dude behind the counter quoted $1000 labor using my parts for U/L BJs, U/L CA bushings, I/O TR ends. Sounds high to me; especially considering the $400 quote I got in MS @ my brother's favorite alignment shop.