PDA

View Full Version : cant find a valet switch or button.

rtcrazy
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
I wanted to put my alarm in valet the other day and I can't find a switch anywere. I bought the truck with it what can I do ?

SinCity R/T
10-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I wanted to put my alarm in valet the other day and I can't find a switch anywere. I bought the truck with it what can I do ?

There's not much you can do except dig into the dash to get to the head unit and then trace the wires. It's possible that the previous owner didn't have a valet switch installed, or else it's buried somewhere that you can't find it. It's also possible that the alarm head unit doesn't have valet capability - would have to look that up in the owner's manual of the alarm system. Do you know the make/model of the aftermarket alarm?

rtcrazy
10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Pretty sure its AEI brand that makes hornet and viper alarms.

mabrt03
10-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Pretty sure its AEI brand that makes hornet and viper alarms.

I`ve had Viper Alarms for 15 yrs. and I believe there may also be a Key On/Off sequence that will put it in Valet also. Go to their website and look for info. ??

Barretta !

blackknight
10-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Yea try turning the key on then push the unlock button on the alarm it should put it in valet mode

rtcrazy
10-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the info ill try it out. While we are on the alarm subject every once in a while when remote start the truck it starts then shuts off and starts again, sometimes it repeats it a couple times. Any one know about this.

WicKed R/T
10-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Sounds like you may not be getting a good tach signal. Check the wire from the alarm that connects to your coil wire. The only reason I say that is because I had a similar problem with my remote start alarm. In my situation, the installer did the install for a 4.7 truck and hooked up the signal wire to my injector wire :rtfm:

BTW, did you check under the steering column for the switch?

rtcrazy
10-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Ya I checked everwere I'm going take the dash apart tonight.

rtcrazy
10-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I tried lock unlock lock and it put my alarm into valet. So wicked/rt your saying there should be a wire running to my coil right for the remote start?

WicKed R/T
10-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Yea, there should be a wire that picks up a signal from your coil wire to let the brain know that the truck is actually running. I have a Python alarm (also made by DEI) so they should be similar if yours is also made by them. If you can figure out exactly which one you have, you should be able to download an owner's manual from their site. www.directed.com

lowpatrol
10-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Years ago when i installed viper alarms the valet sequence was drivers door closed passenger door open . Push lock lock unlock on the remote.