PDA

View Full Version : 11.41 @ 118.3

White Turbo
09-25-2011, 04:47 PM
9/24/2011 @ Bremerton Raceway

Finally got out to the track yesterday for the first time this year.
I got 4 runs in, but nothing special.

A couple of 11.42's, an 11.41, and an 11.49 (bogged down on launch).
The weather was warmer than I would like, and the barometer kept falling all day.

I couldn't make any more than 4.6 psi at launch yesterday, so that's the main reason my times weren't that good. Tried playing around with launch timing and A/F, but it didn't help. It doesn't help that my converter will only hold 2700 rpm on the line. (3300 rated stall).
Anyways, it was still a fun day.

Here's the best slip:
60'.........1.61
330'.......4.68
660'.......7.26
MPH.......94.58
1000'.....9.51
1/4........11.414
MPH.......118.31

Temp.....69*
Humidity....83%
Barometer..29.53
DA............1460'

Race weight....4130 lbs. w/ me and 4 gals. gas.
Launch rpm.....2420
Launch psi......4.4 lbs.
Trap rpm.........6030
Shifts..............6310/6080
Tire psi............15.5 lbs.

BryanRT360
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Hell yeah:biggthumpup:

grapejuice1998
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Nothin wrong with that!! :biggthumpup:

BluRT00
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Good to see another CC R/T getting it done. :biggthumpup:

y2krtaf
09-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Nice job!

bfranzel
09-25-2011, 07:00 PM
nice times.

blackknight
09-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Fckn nice! Nice 60's too!

krs1r/t
09-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Very nice!:biggthumpup:

Rtspeeddemon
09-26-2011, 12:14 PM
9/24/2011 @ Bremerton Raceway

I couldn't make any more than 4.6 psi at launch yesterday, so that's the main reason my times weren't that good.

I would love to make even 1 lb of boost of line. I launch at zero boost as the Turbo is a touch big and will not spool up on the line. We havent ever activated the 2-step boost controller in the DFI and wont now as have it for sale.

blackknight
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Time to put some spray into that turbo to spool it! Lol

Rtspeeddemon
09-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Time to put some spray into that turbo to spool it! Lol

Oh it spools plenty fast just not off the line. We are already ramping the boost in through a controller, I have no lack of HP :D If we had an R block then we could really use the boost. None the less we are going to get the truck out one final time this fall to see what happens as we upped the HP about 50 to 725.

nevr2fast01
09-26-2011, 04:35 PM
nice times!:biggthumpup:

White Turbo
09-26-2011, 06:19 PM
I would love to make even 1 lb of boost of line. I launch at zero boost as the Turbo is a touch big and will not spool up on the line. We havent ever activated the 2-step boost controller in the DFI and wont now as have it for sale.

That's one of the differences between having a smaller turbo and a larger one.
When we put the 60-1 turbo on mine, my only goal was to break the 11 sec. barrier back in 2004. It was never supposed to go 11.17.
Then I added the DFI and 2-step limiter later and was able to tweak everything. I was (at one point) able to make up to 10 psi on launch, but just broke the tires loose. After more tweaking, I was able to hold ~6 - ~7 psi on the line.
The problem with all this is consistency in bracket racing.
At the time, I was racing for points and wanted a consistent launch, so I toned it down a bit on launch boost.
Now that I'm not points racing anymore, I want to turn it up a bit.

With your larger turbo, it's a fine line trying to make boost on the line.
A little too much psi on the line and you'll just break loose.

Plus... you have the potential to make up for lack of launch boost with the big turbo on the top end, whereas mine just runs out of oomph in the upper rpm range.
I know you won't do it, cause your sellin' it, but I honestly think you could make a small amount of boost on the line with your set up. Maybe just 1 or 2 psi. Then ramp your boost accordingly like you've been doing.
Your truck has so much untapped potential.
It's a shame you are selling it. I just hope that somebody realizes what you have, buys it, and takes it to the next level.
I think you have a 9 sec. truck with the right set up.

GrimRT
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM
ed, are you running the dual sync distributor?

Five9Dak
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Shameless plug- I have one for sale.

GrimRT
09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
i likely will too.....

Five9Dak
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Wait a while, lol.

White Turbo
09-26-2011, 09:34 PM
ed, are you running the dual sync distributor?

I'm running the Accel distributor...

Is that what you're refering to?

GrimRT
09-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I'm having issues with high rpm misses and piss poor idle quality that I can't seem to fix. Either I have the dual sync setup incorrectly or it's not giving a good signal. I wanted to see how your setup runs with it. Kevin had said he was having issues with his as well.

White Turbo
09-27-2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I'm having issues with high rpm misses and piss poor idle quality that I can't seem to fix. Either I have the dual sync setup incorrectly or it's not giving a good signal. I wanted to see how your setup runs with it. Kevin had said he was having issues with his as well.

I've run the Accel for 5 years without an issue.
George Scott at TTI set it up for me.

I've read about K.J.'s issues and IIRC, he changed dizzy's and solved his problem.
Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps talk with K.J. or George?

The only thing I can think of right off the bat is the DFI needs to be wired direct off the pos. battery terminal. It wants a good clean power source.
Not sure if that has anything to do with a poor dizzy signal or not. *shrug*

Five9Dak
09-27-2011, 01:13 AM

I bought kevin's dizzy and I verified it was good to over 11k rpm in the lab. I suspect he had a noise issue.

GrimRT
09-27-2011, 01:28 AM
I guess the question is what could the "noise" be and how can I track it down if that is my problem? I'm stumped at this point.

Five9Dak
09-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Do you have a datalog of the problem exhibiting itself? I would start there.

If this is a recently developed problem- how old is the cap/rotor?

The noise could be wires to the accel routed poorly around ignition wires, or the fucking lightning storm in the dizzy cap above the sensors in the housing. If I used a dual synch dizzy, I would make a plate to function as an EFI sheild that would seperate the cap terminals/rotor from the board.

Make sure it actually is a breakdown of crank/cam triggering that is your problem, and not that synch goes to shit after the motor starts misfiring for another reason.

Rtspeeddemon
09-27-2011, 12:24 PM
I know you won't do it, cause your sellin' it, but I honestly think you could make a small amount of boost on the line with your set up. Maybe just 1 or 2 psi. Then ramp your boost accordingly like you've been doing.
Your truck has so much untapped potential.
It's a shame you are selling it. I just hope that somebody realizes what you have, buys it, and takes it to the next level.
I think you have a 9 sec. truck with the right set up.

Your so right there is a lot of untapped potential for sure. My shop keeps pushing me to up things more one last time and take a shot at 9.99
It will be interesting if we get the right weather when we do get a chance to hit the track this fall and if the track prep is there what we can squeek out of it. It should be 10.3X for sure but as we know so many what ifs at the track.

Who ever ends up buying it can definitely tweek it into a high 9 we are sure of that.

GrimRT
09-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Do you have a datalog of the problem exhibiting itself? I would start there.

If this is a recently developed problem- how old is the cap/rotor?

The noise could be wires to the accel routed poorly around ignition wires, or the fucking lightning storm in the dizzy cap above the sensors in the housing. If I used a dual synch dizzy, I would make a plate to function as an EFI sheild that would seperate the cap terminals/rotor from the board.

Make sure it actually is a breakdown of crank/cam triggering that is your problem, and not that synch goes to shit after the motor starts misfiring for another reason.

I am going to have to bit the bullet and start from scratch again, look at all the wiring and grounds, datalog a bunch, and see what falls out. The truck pulls hard and smooth from 2000 to 5500 rpm but I get wierd stumbling at idle and decel that isn't consistent and the upper rpm miss that dumps fuel into the engine. Thats the most troubling part because it can cause serious damage.

Hugh Jassole
09-27-2011, 03:47 PM
wow, nice !