PDA

View Full Version : Automotive Detailing

03dakrt
05-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Michigan guys I am detailing again on the side until work starts at the end of June. I do interior, exterior, and engine bay work. I know most of you guys have seen what I can do. If you are interested drop me a private message.

BTLFED R/T
05-22-2008, 02:01 AM
I'll be up there in August, DO WORK SON! :jester:

bad360rt
05-22-2008, 02:39 AM
Hey Dave, what do you use, a porter cable? I've been thinking about getting a lil more serious with the detail stuff, and thinking about picking up a PC. What products do you use?

03dakrt
05-22-2008, 03:42 AM
Zaino for the serious jobs. Otherwise Meguiars NXT wax is good. In most cases I do it all by hand but, some darker colored cars need a high speed wheel. I have a Miwaukee variable speed polisher and first use a wool pad and then change to a foam finishing pad. Most cars do not need a high speed wheel to get great results. In my mind prep for polish and wax is most important.

bad360rt
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Love the NXT, very easy to use.

tcuillier
05-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Love the NXT, very easy to use.

Have you tried the NXT spray wax? Great stuff and sooooo easy to apply and remove.

http://www.meguiars.com/?spray-car-waxes/NXT-Generation-Spray-Wax

Tom

bad360rt
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Have you tried the NXT spray wax? Great stuff and sooooo easy to apply and remove.

http://www.meguiars.com/?spray-car-waxes/NXT-Generation-Spray-Wax

Tom

I bought a bottle of it and never used it LOL I'll have to give it a try.

tcuillier
05-22-2008, 06:48 PM
I bought a bottle of it and never used it LOL I'll have to give it a try.

I don't know if the layer of protection is as thick as NXT paste or liquid, but the shine is definitely equal.

Tom

BTLFED R/T
05-22-2008, 06:56 PM
That seems alot like a quick detailer, it won't offer much protection, but it does work very well between actual waxes. I used the Zaino Z6 alot before shows, and it was like I just waxed the truck.

tcuillier
05-23-2008, 12:29 AM
That seems alot like a quick detailer, it won't offer much protection, but it does work very well between actual waxes. I used the Zaino Z6 alot before shows, and it was like I just waxed the truck.

I use the NXT Quick Detailer or Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer at shows. The NXT Spray Wax actually works like any other wax---spray it on, rub in with an applicator, wait for it to "haze over" and then remove and buff. Good stuff! We tried the Spray Wax on my Son's '97 Nissan pickup, that had never been waxed and was severely oxidized. Paint looked like new afterward. I've never been disappointed in Meguiars products. I do agree with you that the Zaino is better, but Christ, what a lotta work!

Tom

BTLFED R/T
05-23-2008, 01:28 AM
I use the NXT Quick Detailer or Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer at shows. The NXT Spray Wax actually works like any other wax---spray it on, rub in with an applicator, wait for it to "haze over" and then remove and buff. Good stuff! We tried the Spray Wax on my Son's '97 Nissan pickup, that had never been waxed and was severely oxidized. Paint looked like new afterward. I've never been disappointed in Meguiars products. I do agree with you that the Zaino is better, but Christ, what a lotta work!

Tom

Oh so it is a wax? Cool! I've always like Meguiars stuff too, I just got hooked on Zaino. I thought the NXT was basically a bunch of steps like Zaino though, I guess not?!

tcuillier
05-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Oh so it is a wax? Cool! I've always like Meguiars stuff too, I just got hooked on Zaino. I thought the NXT was basically a bunch of steps like Zaino though, I guess not?!

Magluiars makes NXT wax in a paste, liquid, and now a spray. They make the NXT Quik Detailer as a separate product. No steps at all---unless you want to make steps with each product.

Tom