PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the "R/T Rumble"

Kbabiasz
05-17-2008, 08:55 PM
So the discussion has been out there of me re-doing the "RT Rumble" which i have agreed to do. I have some ideas for 2 issues so far. One being a re-introduction issue, and the 2nd being a special edition issue coming later on in the year.

I have ideas of how it will look and what to put in it. But i want your input. What would you like to see in it. I may be having a convo with the execs some time soon so we will see what happens but until then, i want your ideas.

Also, this one will probably in color:biggthumpup:

Opie
05-18-2008, 07:35 AM
dude thats sweet

grapejuice1998
05-18-2008, 02:58 PM
So the discussion has been out there of me re-doing the "RT Rumble" which i have agreed to do. I have some ideas for 2 issues so far. One being a re-introduction issue, and the 2nd being a special edition issue coming later on in the year.

I have ideas of how it will look and what to put in it. But i want your input. What would you like to see in it. I may be having a convo with the execs some time soon so we will see what happens but until then, i want your ideas.

Also, this one will probably in color:biggthumpup:

Well, lets start by saying THANK YOU!!!

A couple of my favorite features are; "The 11 second club", "Members other Mopars" and tech features. You might also get a list of new members and publish their names, welcoming them to the club. And of course, pump the National Meet and perhaps recap some of the past years so people will know what they're in for.

Kbabiasz
05-18-2008, 03:23 PM

A couple of my favorite features are; "The 11 second club", "Members other Mopars" and tech features. You might also get a list of new members and publish their names, welcoming them to the club. And of course, pump the National Meet and perhaps recap some of the past years so people will know what they're in for.

The 11 second club idea is going to be there but it may change a little. I can def do the members other mopars, and as for the meet, I will have it advertised and talked about and maybe a little recap.

hskr
05-18-2008, 05:29 PM
As Alan mentioned, see if you can solicit someone to do a "how to" tech article. I know there are a few write ups on Steve's site that you might be able to use for some of the common mods. Maybe a section about new products when there are some. The SCT tuner might be a good one since a lot of people don't really know much about it.

Kbabiasz
05-19-2008, 12:00 AM
For there to be 109 thread views and only 4 people post, it doesnt show much promise or support from the members

Just saying

Kbabiasz
05-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Just a tiny sneak peak at teh cover.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd318/bubba14/Untitled-3.jpg

and no, the blue will not be there, there is more under the blue
Also, its not that fuzzy. the fuzzyness comes from it being covered up using paint

03dakrt
05-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Excited to see the first re-issue

BryanRT360
05-19-2008, 01:11 AM
I'll take abunch of pics of my exhaust install if you like and any other work i do.

Kbabiasz
05-19-2008, 01:13 AM
I'll take abunch of pics of my exhaust install if you like and any other work i do.

:biggthumpup:All for it. And Anyone else want to send me stuff, just let me know

bad360rt
05-19-2008, 02:57 AM

Yeah, definitely the 11sec club, and also the 10sec club now too. The Member other Mopars was great. And we have to have at least one good tech article per issue, more if we can get 'em. :biggthumpup:

Kbabiasz
05-19-2008, 03:21 AM
Yeah, definitely the 11sec club, and also the 10sec club now too. The Member other Mopars was great. And we have to have at least one good tech article per issue, more if we can get 'em. :biggthumpup:

Well i could turn it into the dakota mag i was going to make before and have it just for this site, but tell the other sites they have to join and take an active part in this site to get it, that will open the door for more things to be put in it.

as for getting them to pay a membership to get it, thats a diff story. I dont really agree with making them pay, unless it was to be put into printing the mag or if the money went towards future mags

bad360rt
05-19-2008, 03:35 AM
Well i could turn it into the dakota mag i was going to make before and have it just for this site, but tell the other sites they have to join and take an active part in this site to get it, that will open the door for more things to be put in it.

as for getting them to pay a membership to get it, thats a diff story. I dont really agree with making them pay, unless it was to be put into printing the mag or if the money went towards future mags

Well, the thing is, the Rumble is the club's newsletter, it doesn't really need to be a full blown magazine, just a good newsletter with some articles, pictures and news about the club. And in the past it has been for member's only.

John
05-19-2008, 03:57 AM
For there to be 109 thread views and only 4 people post, it doesnt show much promise or support from the members

Just saying

maybe thats cuz a lot of us dont know what the r/t rumble is. what is it? :D

00RedRT
05-19-2008, 04:07 AM
maybe thats cuz a lot of us dont know what the r/t rumble is. what is it? :D

It was a printed newsletter for the DRTC members that eventually became an online newsletter. It faded into non-existance once membership interest/numbers faded as well.

00RedRT
05-19-2008, 04:21 AM

Just saying

Do you have any editorial and/or publication experience? Any references of your previous work or any articles you've written? I'm glad you have the time and appreciate your desire to revitalize the Rumble. I just want to insure that it's in good hands with someone with good credentials.

Kbabiasz
05-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Well, the thing is, the Rumble is the club's newsletter, it doesn't really need to be a full blown magazine, just a good newsletter with some articles, pictures and news about the club. And in the past it has been for member's only.

lol, i meant newsletter, i just call them magazines

Kbabiasz
05-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Do you have any editorial and/or publication experience? Any references of your previous work or any articles you've written? I'm glad you have the time and appreciate your desire to revitalize the Rumble. I just want to insure that it's in good hands with someone with good credentials.

Sadly no. But everyone has to start somewhere. If anyone here has experience, i could send it to them before posting it