PDA

View Full Version : More new parts are here.

slvr03dakrt
05-16-2008, 02:47 AM
Well I am almost done with recieving all my parts for the 408 build.Today I drove down to comp cams to pick-up my custom ground cam along with a timing set. Ups showed up with my high volume oil pump and tomorrow I'll be recieving a shipment from summit with some odd and end shit (tranny cooler, engine paint,lifters). My new (used) converter should be here tomorrow also. Now I'm just waiting on the damn machine shop so i can get my block back so I can assemble it. The only thing I have left to buy are pushrods but i'm waiting til I get the heads on it so i will know how long they need to be. I'm thinking she will be up and running within 3weeks.

bad360rt
05-16-2008, 03:04 AM
Might I recommend Smith Bros for you pushrods, good stuff, fast shipping, and they can get you any size you need:

http://www.pushrods.net/

slvr03dakrt
05-16-2008, 03:17 AM
that is where i was going to get them from. They should stock the size I will need so i'm not to worried about getting them. The plan is to get the short block together heads on it and dropped in the truck and by the time i get that done the pushrods should be here so i will pull the valve covers off drop the pushrods in and adjust all my rockers. I'm hoping she is going to fire up on the first try.

TurboBlew
05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
did you get adjustable rockers?

are you using any special tricks putting the shortblock together?

Hugh Jassole
05-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Are you going to use a bigger oil pan ? You run the risk of running the stroker dry with a high volume pump and a stock pan. What you really need is a high pressure, not high volume pump. There's a kit that allows you to change the pressure output of a stock pump, it's sold by mopar. I got mine from Danno and I'm running it in conjunction with JM 7.5 qt oil pan.

slvr03dakrt
05-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Are you going to use a bigger oil pan ? You run the risk of running the stroker dry with a high volume pump and a stock pan. What you really need is a high pressure, not high volume pump. There's a kit that allows you to change the pressure output of a stock pump, it's sold by mopar. I got mine from Danno and I'm running it in conjunction with JM 7.5 qt oil pan. If you don't mind me asking how much do those pans run.

slvr03dakrt
05-17-2008, 03:42 AM
did you get adjustable rockers?

are you using any special tricks putting the shortblock together?

i'm using stud mount rockers with poly locks. As far as tricks putting it together nothing out of the ordinary. The block will have a zero deck on it so it may change my pushrod length a little.

Hugh Jassole
05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
If you don't mind me asking how much do those pans run.

It was right around 200, very reasonable

slvr03dakrt
05-19-2008, 03:13 PM
hmmm looks like i might have to make a call.